General Trials this weekend

BOOGEYMAN_old

Penahe still sucks shit. Lost us the grand final.
Don't hate on Penehe bro...He's a Warrior...Time to move on from last year and get ready for the biggest party in NZ rugby League History...GO THE WARRIORS... 2012 Champs...

Spence_old

Don't hate on Penehe bro...He's a Warrior...Time to move on from last year and get ready for the biggest party in NZ rugby League History...GO THE WARRIORS... 2012 Champs...

Agreed. I'm not going to death ride one of our own for a single loose carry. I don't think he'll ever make the team, simply because we have better options, but I don't hold anything against him.

Hazman_old

Vodafone Junior Warriors romped over the Manurewa Marlins in a 68-0 thrashing. Try scorers were Sivila Havili (2), Simi Kata (2), Honeti Tuha (2), Esera Esera (2), Marcel Ikinofo, Malakai Houma, Sione Katoa, Ken Maumalo, and Kouma Samson. Not sure about the kickers though.

Beeteejay_old

I'm quite surprised at the extent to which these Juniors have the Fox teams a hiding this weekend. Especially when they've been using such a wide group of players. Does it say that Otahuhu are well ahead of Howick and Manurewa in terms of their 2012 season perparations?

Jesbass_old

I'm not sure what benefit - aside from a cardio workout - these one sided romps provide.

Beeteejay_old

They're physical encounters at least. The Juniors are just too fast, skillful and structured. It'll be interesting to see how they go this coming weekend against the Vulcans. I wonder if we'll see anything like a first-choice Juniors lineup? I'm kinda looking forward to that game more than the Warriors v Sunshine Coast game. Perhaps we can get the fixtures switched around, so that the Juniors v Vulcans is the main game?

slaughterhouse.sa_old

They're physical encounters at least. The Juniors are just too fast, skillful and structured. It'll be interesting to see how they go this coming weekend against the Vulcans. I wonder if we'll see anything like a first-choice Juniors lineup? I'm kinda looking forward to that game more than the Warriors v Sunshine Coast game. Perhaps we can get the fixtures switched around, so that the Juniors v Vulcans is the main game?

Exactly the Fox season doesnt start til April.
Some players would had a few trianing if that . . whilst the Jnr Warriors have been training 4 times a week since late last year.

Some of these players might think they are superstars in these triasl but in all respect these youngsters have to try and play fox to further their warriors chances.

A lot of these players will struggle in the fox, the ones that excel will get called up. Its actually a good system and is a strong reason why Jnr Warriors have done so well.

I went on Saturday and Howick only had 3 or 4 players from the GF.
If they didnt have Tony tuia they would of got thrashed even more. So far from the calibre of Otahuhu.

I heard Manurewa fielded an under 20 side for half a game and the other quarter it was a Senior B side. It was supposed to be marist but they pulled out during the week???

Remember both Howick and Manurewa would have had plenty of players not available due to Vulcans, Warriors Trials and Tag nationals.

As for the Vulcans - they look really good.
they should rightfully be favourites this weekend.

It was good to see Ricky Henry pull in Suaia Matagi and Rusty Bristowe.
Both a close to the best local players in Auckland.

Rusty, looks a little pudgy as always but still killed it as usual.
Matagi is a beast - he will kill in NSW cup if given regular game time. Could go pro material imo.

Willie Peace - he is one of the most physical runner I have seen.
He takes the most killer winger hitups out - considering his size more bumpoffs than Manu.

Willie Stowers from Counties rep side carved up a Halfback scoring a few tries.

Didnt notice Latu playing tbh. But wasnt expecting it either.
Kingi must of been rested - as mara and Chanting played.

Alehana Mara looked ok but he is under big pressure = TL coming next year. Plus the likes of Kingi, Chanting in Vulcans, Friend and Havili in Jnrs squad plus Brown/Godinet covering hooker aswell.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

I'm not sure what benefit - aside from a cardio workout - these one sided romps provide.

The fox teams wont be fit plus be severly under strength this time of year.
But they would give the Warriors a physical workout.

they might be flashy, but some good physical footy will help them prepare for the upcoming season.

Beeteejay_old

Matagi is a beast - he will kill in NSW cup if given regular game time. Could go pro material imo.

Was he the #10 who started the game? If so, he was impressive. Liked what I saw from him in his limited opportunities with the Vulcans a couple of seasons ago too. Looks to have bulked up since then too? How old is he?

Willie Peace - he is one of the most physical runner I have seen.
He takes the most killer winger hitups out - considering his size more bumpoffs than Manu.

Can't knock his courage and enthusiasm. Only thing that let him down with the Vulcans last year was his ball handling. Struggled under the high ball, and often lost the ball in contact. If he can sort that out.......

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Was he the #10 who started the game? If so, he was impressive. Liked what I saw from him in his limited opportunities with the Vulcans a couple of seasons ago too. Looks to have bulked up since then too? How old is he?

Yeap thats him - probably been these best forward in the country (domestic) past two years (with Manu Mau).
He used to be only play home games, i assume due to travel restrictions.

Im only guessing but im think 23-24 im sure he was on the scene for 1st year of nyc. if not just slightly older than houma.

Can't knock his courage and enthusiasm. Only thing that let him down with the Vulcans last year was his ball handling. Struggled under the high ball, and often lost the ball in contact. If he can sort that out.......

I only seen a few vulcans games last year.
But when I did him and taka did the meanest runs.

Needs some extra/fitness speed but the best winger hittups a la nigtingale.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

I seen Ivan Penehe mentioned lol...

It wasnt just a lose carry, the set of six before with Vulcans on attack a few minutes to go.
Penehe runs an ugly line, vulcans score and are pulled up for obstruction.

he might of had a few niggly injuries .. but he is lucky to be contracted imo.
And will have to try and fight for his spot in the vulcans.

Also Taukieaho played at centre for Jnrs against Howick and scored two tries in the opening minutes. They couldnt stop him, so they subbed him off.
Definately a chance of FG soon rather than later imo.

Especiallly if there are a few more injuries.
Rapira bro & Lillyman.

Slaimankhel was quite, but palavi was very busy.

2big2strong_old

Tevita Latu was just filling in numbers. He's got a Sydney NRL club contract in the pipeline so he's been training with the Vulcans to keep fit until everything gets rubber stamped. I don't think he's on the Warriors radar at all, I guess that could change if his Sydney contract falls through. He's still got a lot to offer.

Tajhay_old

Which syd club? I guess we can rule out the sharks...has he still got the rats tail?

2big2strong_old

Not sure, but I know that Nigel Vagana is brokering the deal. They discuss it very publicly on twitter. They just haven't said which club.