General Trial II

Ryan_old

I need more. I have Warriors boner!

How did Steve Rapira go? I liked his agression last week.

Spence_old

While Locke was playing fullback and coming into the line on attack, did he stuff things up, or just not get involved/the ball didn't come to him? Did he have any nice touches?

Spence_old

I haven't heard too much. There's a few billboards up. I'm pretty sure one has Wade on, I was driving fast ('cause I'm a bad ass) so I couldn't make it out perfectly, but it looked him him.

I haven't been watching too much TV or listening to the radio though, so I'm not sure how much is on there.

Fazz_old

While Locke was playing fullback and coming into the line on attack, did he stuff things up, or just not get involved/the ball didn't come to him? Did he have any nice touches?

Locke shined in defense, I didn't notice him much on attack, neither did my mate. To be fair, they were attack at the opposite end of the staduim to us in the second half though.

I honestly didn't even realize Steve Rapira was playing...so I guess that tells you something haha.

Matulino wasn't too visible either. I don't think he played too many minutes.

Fazz_old

Okay, but he didn't stuff up? If you know what I mean.

Nah, no blatant screw ups from what I saw. Somebody dropped a bomb at one point and Parra got another set on our goaline. Could have been Inu, Locke or Fish...couldn't see really...

Fazz_old

Good atmosphere too. The staduim was about 4/5ths full from what I saw. Was a good day at the footy.

sebastian_old

I'd imagine so. He was solid today without dominating. He was doing well towards the end of last year too. For myself I think Ivan will go with:

1 Hohaia
2 Inu
3 Moon
4 Ropati
5 Manu

This is the way to go. Injury & form will dictate the appropriate time to inject the young blood but we need experience to start the season. I'd feel confident with this backline.

Magic Stick_old

Id like to see a huge year from Jerome Wopati...if he has another sub-par year thou,it mite be best to get rid of him

Fazz_old

Me too. As long as Inu isn't too casual, that's a very good backline. I reckon during origin, if we're travelling well and face a depleted team, the luxury of blooding the fish and 1 or 2 others would be nice...

sebastian_old

Id like to see a huge year from Jerome Wopati...if he has another sub-par year thou,it mite be best to get rid of him

Jerome's being going very well, especially when his defense picked up during the later half of last season. His attacking football can be stunning & after all besides at times some bad defensive moves, he is by a long way our best centre.

Spence_old

I don't think I'd let Jerome go. Do don't exactly have much depth at centre. Unless we are going to turn Brown/Mannering into a fulltime centre.

Magic Stick_old

Jerome's being going very well, especially when his defense picked up during the later half of last season. His attacking football can be stunning & after all besides at times some bad defensive moves, he is by a long way our best centre.

Ropati been going very well?...last couple of years. he has been very average at best. For someone with his ball running skills,id like to see more out of him. He looked dangerous when at fullback last year,But fullback aint a option with Fish etc around now. Also i bet he has been dissapointed in his own form

Hopefully he has a big 2011...maybe even force his way back into the kiwis