General Toyota cup team of the year

edguy_old

Fullback: Malcolm Webster (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Wing: Joe Vickory (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Wing: Drury Low (Canberra Raiders)

Centre: Taioalo Vaivai (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Centre:

Five-Eighth: Robert Lui (Wests Tigers)

Halfback: Beau Henry (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Prop: Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Prop: Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Hooker: Travis Waddell (Canberra Raiders)

Second Row: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Manly Sea Eagles)
Second Row: Jake Marketo (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Lock: Jamie Buhrer (Manly Sea Eagles)

Interchange: Kieran Foran (Manly Sea Eagles)
Interchange: Joel Romelo (Penrith Panthers)
Interchange: Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm)
Interchange: Daly-Cherry Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)

We got one player again this year ..Siuatonga Likiliki (New Zealand Warriors) congrats....

ToiletDuck_old

Well, you could easily add Locke, Packer and possibly Matulino....although if Locke was eligible you'd expect Dugan to be also, and I'd take Dugan at FB over Kevin at present.

Is Beau Henry also that good? Better than Shaun Johnson?

Norby_old

Congrats to Siuatonga, he has been great for the U20's this year. But now the true test is coming, and i hope he is still his damaging best during finals footy.

Iafeta_old

Shaun dominated every stat viable to a half. He's easily halfback of the year. Although, its kinda humorous heading into the U20s forum on Leagueunlimited, they have some 'experts' who name their team of the year religiously throughout the season and fair dinkum you'd think the Warriors players were all diagnosed with crabs and syphilis and were wanging it in their faces because they hardly ever cop a mention.

In some ways, many of our lads copped it because I think we have significantly better depth particularly in the backs than other clubs. If you look along from 1-5, we have available

George Vuna
Bill Tupou
Thomas Ah Van
Rusty Bristow
Suiatonga Likiliki
Nafe Seluini
Jason Cook
Elijah Niko
John Palavi
Glen Fisiaahi

To me, each and every one of them has the potential to make it to first grade. The only one they played that I'm writnig off is Peter Mills because his hands are appalling. Just imagine for a sec the wing position alone, Tupou and Ah Van, we know how good they are, but you Fisiiahi and Vuna who are speed machines, you have Elijah Niko who can play practically anywhere and run over blokes with pace, hell even outside of that you have behemoths like Sam Limu-Franklin. Personally, I think John Palavi is as good as any of them and he can barely get a gig, he's barely 17 as I understand it but he plays with such beautiful control and agility. I think this depth in personnel has taken a toll on the Warriors chances of representation in these teams, but for Johnson not to get a gig is an absolute disgrace.

RRG_old

Warriors missing from u20 team of the year

The NRL have released their u20 team of the year https://www.nrl.com/newsviews/lates...2009-toyota-cup-team-of-the-year/default.aspx

Only Likiliki made it from the Warriors. To be honest I don't have a whole lot of time to watch Toyota cup despite not missing a Warriors game all season. Since joining these forums I have been surprised at how many forum regulars have raps on a large number of Warriors u20 players. Do you think we can be guility of overestimating our u20 players (after all the team is solid but sitting in 6th currently is not a stand out) or are a fair few of them future first graders?

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah, well that was my default response...where is Shaun Johnson? I just assumed that it was assumed knowledge he was the best 7 in the U20's. Even the Aussie commentators can't stop wanking over him, including one Joey Johns, oops I mean Andrew Johns.