General Top Four--You Better Believe It.!!!

da mad maori

I've said it on other sites, I've said it down at the sports club, I've said it at work, and now I'm saying it here. We're 'top four' stuff. None of this 9th, 10th or anywhere outside the eight. We're in the ring preparing to rip dem apart. And while I'm at it, history is about to be made. Thats right. This coming season. Never won at any other venue in NZ, outside of Erricson. You can kiss that good bye. Hamilton, here we come, Chrstchurch, you're on the list. And bring a team back to the "caketin'. Any team.Well kick butt there too.
And who's gonna step into Monty's shoes. One guess. Louey is da MAN !!!!

Wiki_old

Guys, the potential there is huge. I truely believe that we can do it.

We weren't that far off it last season ...we were in fact so freaking close but as I said we forgot how to win the close ones.

We are a club on the rise and with our new younger boys coming through I would hate to be anyone else.

JonB_old

Lets get ahead of ourselves and just say we are going to win the whole thing. With all the young talent and new combinations it could take half a season for things to click.
when and if we do though it could be great.

Kav_old

da mad maori said:
I've said it on other sites, I've said it down at the sports club, I've said it at work, and now I'm saying it here. We're 'top four' stuff. None of this 9th, 10th or anywhere outside the eight. We're in the ring preparing to rip dem apart. And while I'm at it, history is about to be made. Thats right. This coming season. Never won at any other venue in NZ, outside of Erricson. You can kiss that good bye. Hamilton, here we come, Chrstchurch, you're on the list. And bring a team back to the "caketin'. Any team.Well kick butt there too.

Better to have low expectations so you're not disappointed when those expectations are met (but are elated if they do a lot better).

da mad maori

Firstly to you low-lifers who are insinuating that I grow or smoke anything illegal... I say to you .... GET A LIFE !!!
Secondly, let me take your minds back to the beginning of last season. I posted a thread called "Zilch from Five.". I also said that we would finish near or at the bottom of the table. Oh no, be patient hang in there DMM. Its early days. Tell me. all you know-alls. Where did we finish.
Now I am saying that we will finish in the top four, who's sitting on the fence now.
While I'm at it, Robster, dont talk to me about putting money on anything. I've got a bit, from working, not by hocking off Warriors gear everytime I get it for nothing.

Ronnie_7_old

Kav said:
da mad maori said:

Better to have low expectations so you're not disappointed when those expectations are met (but are elated if they do a lot better).

Mate in sport there's no room for low expectatoin. Especially not professional sport. Can't believe that some people would think like that. If you expect alot more than you strive to achieve that. The lower you set your expection the lower your results will be.'Expect the worst and hope for the best'? Thats bull. 'Expect the best and hope for even better'!

scottyb_old

all i can say is, we have the potential and i believe we are capable to be top 4, the question is do the players believe it, coz that is what let us down last year, the lack of belief in themselves to win the tight ones. i honestly believe that with the experience of last year and the kiwi's winning the tri series the young ones will have the belief in themselves they need to win. i cant wait for kick off

MarkW_old

I'd like to be as firmly convinced in my mind that the boys can make the top four this year DMM, but I'm afraid I just don't see it as clear cut for 2006.
I've always felt that the Warriors have had the goods to make the playoffs ever since they joined the comp, and I think they still have for this year.
For me the success of this season all comes down to a couple of obvious unknowns: a) Will Cleary be able to unify the team in a similar manner to McClennan and maintain a strong bond within the ranks for the whole season. b) Do the Warriors have the personel with enough quality in key positions to win consistently?

I just don't know how these new signings will perform until they actually get out there and play. Will Faumuina work at stand off? Are the young up and coming local boys going to get some decent game time and will they be able to cut it?
Who really knows? I don't, but I'm keen to see how well they go just like every other Warriors supporter.

:)

Wiki_old

da mad maori said:
Firstly to you low-lifers who are insinuating that I grow or smoke anything illegal... I say to you .... GET A LIFE !!!
Secondly, let me take your minds back to the beginning of last season. I posted a thread called "Zilch from Five.". I also said that we would finish near or at the bottom of the table. Oh no, be patient hang in there DMM. Its early days. Tell me. all you know-alls. Where did we finish.
Now I am saying that we will finish in the top four, who's sitting on the fence now.
While I'm at it, Robster, dont talk to me about putting money on anything. I've got a bit, from working, not by hocking off Warriors gear everytime I get it for nothing.

No offence but while I am with you on the whole 'they can do well' thing, by acting like no one has an opinion and showing off your e-go then your actuall showing that your the know it all.

:?

Kav_old

Ronnie_7 said:
Kav said:
da mad maori said:

Mate in sport there's no room for low expectatoin. Especially not professional sport. Can't believe that some people would think like that. If you expect alot more than you strive to achieve that. The lower you set your expection the lower your results will be.'Expect the worst and hope for the best'? Thats bull. 'Expect the best and hope for even better'!

I was coming from a fan's point of view rather than a player. I agree that players need to reach for the sky but fans should keep their feet on the ground. It is an historic fact that kiwi league teams do best when they are not expected to (ie are the underdogs) and the Warriors are no exception to that rule. Therefore play down their chances and they will perform better.

Mo_old

I think that more often than not Kiwi teams do well when there is a positive environment rather than just a lack of expectation.

The Kiwis won because they were happy to be there, wanted to play for each other and were proud to wear the black jersey.

If we can get the same enviroment at the Warriors there is no reason that they can't go all the way.

One thing we can do is fans is to attend as many games as we are able to (for those who live in Auckland or can drive from further afield) and make sure that opposing teams know that they are at Ericsson. For people that can't make the games it would be good to send the team messages of support.

We might not be able to help the team on the field but we can do our bit to contribute to the good environment off it.

Bring on NRL Season 2006

fiamacho_old

I believe that we will finish 9th or even 10th, but Top 8 not this year. Blame Duanne Mann and the lack of Junior Development during his tenure as Development Manager.