General Top 8 Predictions

ToiletDuck_old

Where is your self belief for the Warriors?

Am I the only one who thinks they are playing excellent leugue at the moment?

"I dunno how many of you have been using the finals predictor on nrl.com, but it isn't pretty reading. We're gonna have to rely on a few favours from teams basically out of the running..dragons, panthers, rabbits. We're all talking about the cowboys, but I'd be more worried about the Tigers, their run home is Roosters, Sharks, Rabbits and Newcastle. So let's hope the roosters can pull some more good form this weekend.

Also, if we lose this weekend against the Titans, we should basically start preparing for the Seagles at Brookvale in the first week of finals."

Do you doubt what the boys can do? Dont for one minute think the Warriors aren't in this competition because they are.

think the 1 point makes it harder for us to get a home semi.

We are now relying on the Cowboys to lose at least 2 games. and for us to lose only 1.

The good thing about the 1 point is that we are standing alone on the table. for and against now has no bearing for us.

On reflection we should have really beaten the Roosters to help us in the last few rounds.

My only concerns are against Manly and Penrith, plus a little nagging doubt with Canberra who tend to play well at home.

fifth is looking good.

I disagree with who whole heartly. I think the Warriors can win their next four games. Do you know why? I attended that game on Saturday, we didn't win, no, but I saw a team who above all was prepared to play footy, a team that was prepared to give it their all to be the victors, a team who belived in themselves and who worked with excellence as a unit. For the first time in a while I saw the WARRIORS. They will win thei next four games because they are determined and ready, they blieve in themselves and that was shown coming up from 16-0 down to wining the first half 18-16. The Warriors have grown and developed so much over the course of this season.

So please as supporters stop doubting them, believe they can do it. Come on everyone we need to support them and stop critisizing them. Leave the draw behind and lets continue to support them. The Warriors will reach fourth place. They can beat the Sea Eagles, they can beat the Raiders and Titans and they can beat the Panthers. So lets get behind our boys, the team we support, GO THE WARRIORS.

(I'm not being vindictive towards anyone, i'm just sick of the doubt the supporters generate towards the team)

Well we've covered this point 1000 times on these forums, contemplating the possibility of a loss isn't DOUBTING the warriors, it's just not sitting there with your head in the sand saying 'sweet we're gonna win 4/4'.

Everyone on here believes they can do it, but im sure most also believe that a loss along the way is possible/probable. You say they CAN beat the Panthers, Raiders, Seagles and Titans...of course they CAN, they CAN beat anyone. Whether they will or not is a different story.

It's a matter of faith, not blind faith.

sebastian_old

But the Cowboys have four very easily winable games and, if they win them, it doesn't matter what we do as we will not finish 4th.

We should all now be watching the Cowboys games with the same interest as the warriors games.

The Cowboys last game is against the Bulldogs & going on the Cowboys current form they will get smashed. Its in Nth Qld but the Bulldogs love playing there, i'm standing by my statement if we can win 4/4 we will be 4th.

Skinny_Ravs82

Right now I believe we should concentrate on our own game and win the games we can and let the rest take care of itself but nevertheless hope other results fall in our favour when we need it

kiwi-born_old

I know, sorry I just become infuriated at times when any glimse of doubt arises. The Cowboys are far from a threat. The Cowboys should be renamed Thurston or Bowen because thats all they are, and at this present momment those two players are not performing to a high standard capacity. As far as I see it, they are not deserving of any spot in the top 8, their for and ahainst ratio is atrocious. The Thurston shant be victorious this weekend, nor for the most of their games, so rightly saying we do not need to worry about the Cowboys.

warrior rok50_old

i think it will go like this

1.Melborne
2.Manly
3.Paramatta
4.Warriors
5.Bulldogs
6.West tigers
7.Cowboys
8.Broncos

Kav_old

i think it will go like this

1.Melborne
2.Manly
3.Paramatta
4.Warriors
5.Bulldogs
6.West tigers
7.Cowboys
8.Broncos

I would reverse Cowboys and Tigers due to latter's loss last night.
The Roosters can get to 8th spot by winning the rest of their games (Titans, Panthers & Rabbitohs) if Broncos can't win three of their next four (Storm, Bulldogs, Raiders & Eels). That scenario is very likely.

Kav

Last edited by a moderator:

Swanley_old

I think the eels are looking shakey.

We could sneak ahead of them and finish fourth and end not relying on the Cowboys !

levibro_old

I think the eels are looking shakey.

We could sneak ahead of them and finish fourth and end not relying on the Cowboys !

yep exactly right!!
we need storm to win this friday and then we need to win and hopefully cowboys lose so we go to 3rd :)

scottyb_old

i just hope we dont end up meeting the doggies in the first week of the finals, they are on fire at the moment. I know if we end up 4th and the doggies 5th we get home ground advantage and even if we lose we get a second bite but i'd still rather not meet them so soon

LordGnome_old

Nobody put the Cowboys as third - and who mentioned the Bunnies in the eight?

All will be revealed this weekend - calculators at the ready chaps!

Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old

1 Storm
2 Eagles
3 Cowboys
4 Warriors
5 Bulldogs
6 Rabbitos
7 Eels
8 Broncos

daj3_old

I'm picking the Warriors to finish about 5th. They will win the rest of their games except Manly, and possibly the Titans.

Any upsets against the Cowboys or the Eels will effectively put us in 3rd or 4th though.

My predicted top 8:

Storm
Sea Eagles
Eels
Cowboys
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Broncos
Bulldogs

The team for next year is looking all good. Would like to see Sonny Fai have a run in first grade although it's getting to the business end of the season. Our back row lacks in attacking spark, apparently he's good, would be nice to have him ready for next year. Lauaki has been good on attack lately though. Hopefully Tate heals up good for next year, so Mannering can slot into the forwards too.

My predictions on another forum on Thu Jul 26...

I still back it, albeit in a different order.