General Top 8 2019

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Vossy has us coming fourth and CHT to be the Rookie of the Year.

Interesting because he's basically the only Australian media person who ever takes an interest in what is going on over here.

The Fox Lab predictor has us finishing 9th but also has the Raiders finishing 8th haha.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

This season prediction from Toovey and Kimmorley will get a few people in here angry I imagine.

They go on about SJ, have Ah Mau listed as our only signing and then wait for their final verdicts :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why are the media rating the Raiders? TBH the only reason I can see is Fox pundit Ennis is involved in coaching them, so would be talking them up something chronic.

They have lost their big pack (Boyd and Paulo gone), are playing a Warriors NSW cup winger at fullback (apparently the Warriors are spooners remember), a fullback at 6, have an under performing 7 running the ship (with Hodgson), have little depth, and are heavily relying on 2 new English imports. Plus Ricky Stuart.

I can see them sliding real quick. Especially if Hodgson gets injured again.

I can see the Sharks potentially struggling a bit, Moylan moving back to 1, outside backs are lacking experience, SJ might struggle to gel with the forwards, second rowers are rookies, Graham out for months and no Lewis. Salary cap and off the field issues to sort out, rookie coach. Their props are still strong and the backline on their day could cause trouble, but it's a long season..

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score

This season prediction from Toovey and Kimmorley will get a few people in here angry I imagine.

They go on about SJ, have Ah Mau listed as our only signing and then wait for their final verdicts :rolleyes:
They need a new word apart from “consistent” that’s all the “experts” have when they talk about us- its like nails on a chalkboard

Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The thing about Predictions is that, well they are just that, Predictions. If Predictions ere correct then those who make them would make a motza at the TAB, but we all know that doesn't happen, unless you're a cheating club/player who can manipulate the result. Buzz has no stake in his predictions so because he's in Australia it's better for him to say the Warriors will come last so he can continue to get access to Aussie clubs and players in Sydney where his old ass lives.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why are the media rating the Raiders? TBH the only reason I can see is Fox pundit Ennis is involved in coaching them, so would be talking them up something chronic.

They have lost their big pack (Boyd and Paulo gone), are playing a Warriors NSW cup winger at fullback (apparently the Warriors are spooners remember), a fullback at 6, have an under performing 7 running the ship (with Hodgson), have little depth, and are heavily relying on 2 new English imports. Plus Ricky Stuart.

I can see the Sharks potentially struggling a bit, Moylan moving back to 1, outside backs are lacking experience, SJ might struggle to gel with the forwards, second rowers are rookies, Graham out for months and no Lewis. Salary cap and off the field issues to sort out, rookie coach. Their props are still strong and the backline on their day could cause trouble, but it's a long season..
I completely agree with you regarding the Raiders - their spine is ordinary outside of Hodgson and they've lost grunt in the middle. In saying that, they've still got some classy forwards, however I struggle to see them finishing better than around 12th. I expect the Sharks to go ok however and I suspect Moylan could be awesome linking up with SJ.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the first 5 rounds go, you then begin to see who the better teams are and who is having a year off.

There have been so many coach and player changes this year that nothing would surprise me. That's what makes the NRL the best competition in the world.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

yep don't know why they're all in love with the Raiders. They do there normal, shit themselves in the last quarter of there games. Ricky overrated as a coach

Reaction score
RonNitroSwanson

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I just read that article - what a load of shit. How do the knights feature so prominently in their predictions? I bet theyre gonna be just as shit as last season. Ah well, guess i shouldnt be too surprised though - those so called experts dont have an original idea between the lot of them. 😑
They tipped them for the spoon last season. In the medias defence they have been burned tipping us for the 8 or top 4 in the past.

Happy for us to sneak under the radar again and it takes the pressure off. Something often overlooked Mark Corvo has only missed the sides he was conditioning miss the 8 once in 15 years of so.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score

You should be on NRL360. You make more sense. By that I mean you explain your opinions and if I were a Raiders fan I would be quite depressed about your post. :)

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I think that the fact that out coaches were prepared to change the edge forwards and centers in our last trial is the most radical move in the clubs history.

No Warriors coach has ever dared break up a combo that works in twenty plus years.

No ones done it ever.

Fus was top of the comp.

This lot switched it anyway.

This is the most experimental, courageous coaching move we've ever seen . . . Bar none.

One of the ballsiest moves in NRL history. Cant wait.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Eels will push for the 8 this season. I really rates Moses and I feel like they will be big improvers

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Roosters - great squad and coach
Brisbane - good squad and coach
Souths - good squad and coach
Sharks - they will kill it with SJ
Storm - will struggle with only relying on an ageing Smith and Munster to run the ship
Manly - will surprise many and will enjoy having Des back.
Panthers - good all round team, but I don't know if Ivan is the coach they are after.
Warriors - lacking an experienced running half, solid pack, look fit will either be 8th or 9th.
Raiders - weak halves like us and will have mental scars during close games - could be 8th
Dragons - the JDB effect will impact them
Dogs - same as last year, will surprise some teams but will not make the eight.
Cowboys - will miss JT and will suffer
Knights - Ponga is not the 5/8th everyone thinks he is. he's got a lot to learn in this position.
Titans - inconsistent as always
Tigers - Stars are getting on in age
Eels - pants forward pack and Moses flatters to deceive

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mind the Poms, I don't think Ricky can coach for shit. Wish there hooker was playing for us
Instead of Bully? No way. he isn't that good. English league isn't what it used to be.
Warriors - lacking an experienced running half, solid pack, look fit will either be 8th or 9th.
Raiders - weak halves like us and will have mental scars during close games - could be 8th
Heyzeuss, you mention the Raiders and the Warriors as close? Their squad is really weak compared with the Warriors. The because the Aussies think us missing SJ is a big deal doesn't mean it is true.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Instead of Bully? No way. he isn't that good. English league isn't what it used to be.

Heyzeuss, you mention the Raiders and the Warriors as close? Their squad is really weak compared with the Warriors. The because the Aussies think us missing SJ is a big deal doesn't mean it is true.
Hodgson's been here for a few years now and has consistently been one of there top performers. When he doesn't play there chances of winning decrease dramatically. Other than last season Bully has done fuck all, so yes give me the Pom any day. If Bully has back to back good seasons I could be swayed. ;)

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Other than last season Bully has done fuck all
In reality he has had two terrible seasons in his career otherwise he is one of the best hookers in the game. Hodgson is a fair player but nothing fantastic imo.

Top Bottom