Internationals Tony Kemp

Magic Stick_old

So whats the status on Tamou,Taumalolo and Kasiano...I know Kemp went to Aussie to lock these guys in. havent heard anything though,still conflicting reports

sup42_old

The ex Papakura Sea Eagle is our best bet, as a former Kura player you learn that playing for the underdog has more merit than the Favorites......Taumalolo is least likely to be a turn coat being blooded on the mud feilds of prince Edward park and the crap club rooms....To play for Kura you gotta love league and be loyal to the bone !

krs_64_old

I think I read something that Kemp has gotten Taumalolo to sign some sort of a declaration ?

NEWBIE_old

Taumalolo has declared his allegiance to New Zealand, saying he didnt feel right in taking a true Queenslander's spot in State of Origin. (source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...wis-over-maroons/story-e6frep5x-1226322326733)

Taumao is undecided he commited to New South wales, but he has meet with Kemp and is now undecided, Media reports in Australia say Kasiano has committed to Queensland, Tony Kemp has not meet up with him, haven't heard anything about Tasi except that there are Aussie media reports he has commited to queensland

Source: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/6710340/Big-Sam-Kasiano-a-chance-for-Kiwis-debut

Giant Bulldogs prop Sam Kasiano looms as a possible bolter for the Kiwis' Anzac test squad

But the New Zealand Rugby League will have to convince him to turn his back on Queensland's State of Origin selectors first.

Kasiano, 21, was born in Auckland and is one of the form props in the NRL.

He was selected to play for the Junior Kiwis in 2010 but was forced to withdraw due to injury.

His form this year has seen him storm into contention for the Anzac test but reports in Australia suggest Queensland have already won the race to secure his allegiance.

NZRL general manager of high performance Tony Kemp spent last week across the ditch meeting with prospective Kiwis to confirm their interest in playing in the Anzac test.

He admitted he didn't have time to meet with Kasiano but said he was still being considered by the New Zealand selectors.

"I didn't get a chance to catch up with Sam but I intend to catch up with him when I'm next over there," Kemp said.

"He was picked in the Junior Kiwis in 2010 but had to pull out due to injury.

"I think he's being talked to from Queensland and we haven't had a chance to chat with him.

"He hasn't recently signalled his intentions but he has in the past.

"For us, it's about getting in front of him and he's definitely in the frame for the Anzac test."

During the course of his trip, Kemp flew to North Queensland to meet with Cowboys stars James Tamou and Jason Taumalolo.

Palmerston North-born Tamou found himself in the news during the week after it emerged he had opted to make himself available for New South Wales.

Kemp described Tamou as "a confused Kiwi" but said the NZRL had no intention of turning its back on him.

"I think every half decent front-rower – and James is one of them – is in Ricky Stuart's plans," Kemp said.

"They've used 26 front-rowers and back-rowers in the last six years and what's to say that James isn't the 27th and then spat out again?

"What I've said to James is that he's been in our pathway as a Junior Kiwi and a New Zealand Maori player and is now a senior player being considered for the Anzac test.

"He needs to understand, too, that our pathways are going to lead to our own origin concept, which starts next year.

"James said to me – `I wish I had known all of this before I said I'd play for New South Wales'.

"At the moment, he's in two minds again. He's very confused but my role is only to put a case in front of him.

"Just because James has said he wants to play for Australia doesn't mean he can't play for New Zealand.

'95 Till Infinity_old

If I remember correctly during the game against the Dogs,Ritchie Barnett mentioned that Kasiano had pledged his allegiance to the Kiwis (anybody else remember him saying that ?).Being a Kiwi selector you'd have to think Barnett would be in the loop with such matters.

Brother Fesol_old

Im quite liking the work kemp is putting in, i think alot of kids like taumalolo wanna play for the kiwis its just that they need confirmation from the kiwis themselves and the reassurance of the pathway through the kiwis. he seemed to have taken on the role really well.

i know what he's getting at when he talks about tamou beiing confused, a guy moves ove to aussie to learn his trade and all he hears about is origin this and origin that, its good when someone like kemp gets in there and reminds him who he is.

i would love to see all 3 of these guys line up for the kiwis, all we need now is the right coach, like bennett someone who can take us to a new level of consistency.

Magic Stick_old

Im quite liking the work kemp is putting in, i think alot of kids like taumalolo wanna play for the kiwis its just that they need confirmation from the kiwis themselves and the reassurance of the pathway through the kiwis. he seemed to have taken on the role really well.

Without a doubt...Hopefully NZRL can get the nz origin off the ground in 2013
Love to see the Junior Kiwis and Maori team play fixtures every year also

Chester Robnesta_old

I think I read something that Kemp has gotten Taumalolo to sign some sort of a declaration ?

No it was a pledge to buy Tonys autobiography when released.
Warrior Super Coach, the first draft rejected by the publishers because apparently 2 pages of handwritten notes & stick drawings is not a likely best-seller.

zarjaz_old

It's really as clear as mud as to which side Tamou is declaring himself for… one week he's a Kiwi, the next week he's an Aussie. Won't be too long before the Roo's are half Kiwi!

Magic Stick_old

Just heard Tony Kemp confirm Kasiano and Taumalolo are gona rep the Kiwis.excellent news

Budo_old

I was watching nrl on fox today and Sam Thaiday was saying kasiano had pledged for Qld?

surfin_old

No matter how you look at it the whole thing is a joke, doesn't say much for the young Aussie guys when they are getting bumped by NSW and Qld so they can chase Kiwis.