Staff Tony Iro

I am all for a bit of criticism against the coaching staff if they are not performing and there is a suitable replacement waiting to take their place. However, I shudder to think who would actually take Iro's and SK's places if they were booted. We seem to think Bellamy, Maguire & co are waiting their turns to coach the Warriors. The reality is much starker.

At the moment, it is better the devil you know...

The big regret I have is that Maguire got picked up by the Tigers. He would have been handy

bruce

Contributor
Am I right in suggesting that particular incident was the WC Final at Eden Park,’87?. Bugger me how time flies!
I had an Aussie mate sit next to me...and grin...right through the whole sordid affair. The NZRL made prize dickheads of themselves over that test...and as for Tony Gordon and the haka practice...but at least Wally Lewis knew he had been in a game.

bruce

Contributor
I am all for a bit of criticism against the coaching staff if they are not performing and there is a suitable replacement waiting to take their place. However, I shudder to think who would actually take Iro's and SK's places if they were booted. We seem to think Bellamy, Maguire & co are waiting their turns to coach the Warriors. The reality is much starker.

At the moment, it is better the devil you know...

The big regret I have is that Maguire got picked up by the Tigers. He would have been handy
There is that much talent in NZ the Australians still shit themselves at the thought. If any owner got really serious the coaches would be there all right. I remember Daniel Anderson saying there are only a certain number of FG jobs, you take what you can get. Madge might not be the total answer but I bet he would be here in a heartbeat if the terms were right.

There is that much talent in NZ the Australians still shit themselves at the thought. If any owner got really serious the coaches would be there all right. I remember Daniel Anderson saying there are only a certain number of FG jobs, you take what you can get. Madge might not be the total answer but I bet he would be here in a heartbeat if the terms were right.
No contract is worth what it's written on if your pockets are as deep as Mark Robinson's - Bob Dylan

Reactions: bruce
Do I interpret that to mean that you also doubt Robinson is sitting on his hands hoping SK will come right in three years time?
No one knows what Bob Dylan means Bruce, but he could chant Torah like my rabbi when it comes to the NRL

"Gonna change my way of thinking
Make myself a different set of rules
Gonna change my way of thinking
Stop being influenced by fools
They forgot all about the golden rule
Whoever got the gold makes the rules."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tragic and bruce

WA supporter

Contributor
I had an Aussie mate sit next to me...and grin...right through the whole sordid affair. The NZRL made prize dickheads of themselves over that test...and as for Tony Gordon and the haka practice...but at least Wally Lewis knew he had been in a game.
I lived in Red Beach at that time,there was 4 of us went to that game, it was the longest drive home of my life. Sad,sad sad day for RL in NZ. Still sad that we got beaten by a bloke with a broken arm👎🏽😡