Internationals Tony, Cayless, Happi

Northern_Union

Has anyone heard if these three players are still flying over for the Melbourne test on the weekend?

warriorfaithful*_old

I really hope Motu Tony does!!!!! IMO we need him in the hooker position.

Jesbass_old

Shontayne Hape is already there, if Skinny's photos are to go by. Unless I mistook someone else for Shontayne?

Northern_Union

Jesbass said:
Shontayne Hape is already there, if Skinny's photos are to go by. Unless I mistook someone else for Shontayne?

Yeah thats what i thought as well JJ.

Jesbass_old

Yeah, I'm convinced that's him. Third photo from the bottom.

DSC00019.jpg

And from the Bradford Bulls website...
41.jpg

Skinny_Ravs82

lol whoops. Forgot, so many people around. but yeah he was there. I just checked the autographs.

*Kimmy*_old

Thats for sure Shontayne..I think I know him when I see him lmao!! plus I heard he was in the Kiwis camp on Thursday tbh.

Swanley_old

Hape will paly in the second test, has too. Should replace Mannering.

Tony hurt his knee but should be ok to play against the Poms.

As for Jason Cayless, I would be very surprised if he plays for the Kiwis, looked like a really bad shoulder injury.

warriors4life_old

Swanley said:
Hape will paly in the second test, has too. Should replace Mannering.

Tony hurt his knee but should be ok to play against the Poms.

As for Jason Cayless, I would be very surprised if he plays for the Kiwis, looked like a really bad shoulder injury.

I'd prefer Hape to take Matai's place and keep Mannering at lock.

Tony should start off the bench IMO and come on in about the 20th and play the next 40.

-Dr.J-_old

Bad news

Both of them took what looked like serious injuries in the last 5 minutes of the superleague final, which I just downloaded and watched. Motu was chasing a kick to the ingoal and slid down the slope at the end of Old Traffords turf and into the hoardings which are electronic so are very hard. He didn't get up and looked munted.

Then Jason Cayless copped such a serious arm injury he ran off the field immediately, like, straight away :|

DOH, the game was already decided by this stage.

Jesbass_old

-Dr.J- said:
Bad news

Both of them took what looked like serious injuries in the last 5 minutes of the superleague final, which I just downloaded and watched. Motu was chasing a kick to the ingoal and slid down the slope at the end of Old Traffords turf and into the hoardings which are electronic so are very hard. He didn't get up and looked munted.

Then Jason Cayless copped such a serious arm injury he ran off the field immediately, like, straight away :|

DOH, the game was already decided by this stage.

Oh man. Mr T, you're supposed to bring joy, not grief!

-Dr.J-_old

Yeah, and right within a minute or so of each other, as the game was ending.

Imagine some dude running full pace, then going to ground, then two metres later (two 25 degree downward sloped metres later) he canes into a plastic fence with a crunch then doesn't get up

...Yeah that was Motu

-Dr.J-_old

A league field is bigger than a football field because of the ingoal areas. This means there's onlya metre and a half or two metres of turf before the hoardings which, for advertising purposes, are perspex concealed screens. No padding, dumb. Francis Meli also slid into them but was okay (OH THANK GAWD, FRANCIS IS OKAY, PHEW, CAN SLEEP EASY NOW).

That two metres is sloped as the Manchester United turf tapers off down to the start of the grandstand area.

By the way the crowd for the SL final was 70,000 plus

Jesbass_old

Thanks for the education, -Dr.J-. :)

That crowd makes Saturday's test embarrassing.

Murphdogg1_old

YAY!!! Tony is sweet! i found this on an xtra story

https://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12050-6442944,00.html

St Helens' Jason Cayless and Hull's Motu Tony were winging their way from England after St Helens' 26-4 Challenge Cup final win.

McClennan said Cayless had a shoulder injury that needed medical assessment. Tony had been cleared of any serious injury after crashing into advertising hoardings during the match.

warrior_girl81_old

thats great news. i was sure tony would be out after watching him slam into that wall but im so glad to hear that he seems ok