Internationals Tony Carrol wants to play for Kiwis...again!

PB_old

Re: Losing go-2-man's respect.

Maybe because Wiki's saying it's OK for Kiwis to defect to Samoa, thus jumping ship in most people's books, but not to go from one to another and back as in TC's case? That's a double-standard. Wouldn't be surprised if some repped for an island nation and then the Kiwis, before going back again, but don't really know, or care.

Playing Devil's advocate, if he was still playing tests this would be similarly to Asotasi and Kidwell and being the tail that wagged the dog and dictating potential team-mates. But he's not, so it's not, even if he signs on to aid the team as Kearney wants.

Kav_old

Thank you, Kav. For the sake of us all, I'm overlooking the degree and myriad of reasons of the alleged codswallop, and only taking issue with statement due to it being a blanket one - else there is the chance of agreeing.

Ahhh... the universe is at peace again. :peace:

Only too happy to oblige Iceman but understand that such a state may only be temporary (so make the best of it).

Kav

cornelius_sulla_old

Tony Carroll as a Kiwi again? No freaking way should that ever be considered. Shame on TVNZ for taking up valuable airtime on their news that could've been used reporting stuff people really want to know about, like Britney's latest crotch shot.....
Carroll stabbed us as fans in the back when he went and played for Aussie. That's how much the Kiwi jersey meant to him. He obviously didn't feel much like a Kiwi when Bennett was knocking down his door back in '05.
I doubt he's any chance of selection, but I wouldn't put this kind of farce past the fish-heads at NZRL.

Jesbass_old

Tony Carroll as a Kiwi again? No freaking way should that ever be considered. Shame on TVNZ for taking up valuable airtime on their news that could've been used reporting stuff people really want to know about, like Britney's latest crotch shot.....
Carroll stabbed us as fans in the back when he went and played for Aussie. That's how much the Kiwi jersey meant to him. He obviously didn't feel much like a Kiwi when Bennett was knocking down his door back in '05.
I doubt he's any chance of selection, but I wouldn't put this kind of farce past the fish-heads at NZRL.

The media report was inaccurate. In fact, it was completely bogus. They took portions of an interview with him, then pieced it together to say something completely different.

Incidentally, it was Australia he dedicated himself to in the first place, because he'd already played for Queensland by the time of the World Cup.