Internationals Tony Carrol wants to play for Kiwis...again!

Jesbass_old

Tonga being the minnow.

I'm ready for you to tear my argument to shreds now. hehe

I would have, if you'd said we were a minnow in 2000. That was the argument I used to use, but have since found it to be false.

But hey, I'll bite. Why is it okay to switch national allegiance from one team to another, and why should it make a difference whether either nation is/was a minnow? I'm intrigued. ;)

jahc_old

I would have, if you'd said we were a minnow in 2000. That was the argument I used to use, but have since found it to be false.

But hey, I'll bite. Why is it okay to switch national allegiance from one team to another, and why should it make a difference whether either nation is/was a minnow? I'm intrigued. ;)
I dont have a rational argument for this.

Kav_old

HE IS AN AUSSIE!! ffs.. when he turned out for Australia he became an Australian, I don't care what anyone else says. Why are we good enough for him in World Cup's but not any other time?

Anyway he was just shit stirring as apparantly he isn't going to come out of retirement.. *rolls eyes* boy oh boy I hate this man.

Dual representation is becoming much more common, particularly at World Cup time. Have you got a problem with Wayne Bennett as technical advisor (mentor) to the Kiwi coach? Hate is not a word I would use against a fellow human being; let alone a fellow leaguie. May be if the guy had the initials SBW you might have a different point of view?

Kav

PB_old

Alright, I'm serious about this, Kav. There are too many instances where I'm agreeing with you. The world's equilibrium is in grave danger. I beseech you, for the good of the planet and keeping the magnetic poles where they are, say something I disagree with.

Kav_old

Alright, I'm serious about this, Kav. There are too many instances where I'm agreeing with you. The world's equilibrium is in grave danger. I beseech you, for the good of the planet and keeping the magnetic poles where they are, say something I disagree with.

Global warming is a load of old codswallop.

Kav

Northern_Union

I think Kav should be rewarded with some sort of award for being the first member of this website to ever use the word codswallop in a post.

To you Mr Kav, i tip my hat!

Viking_old

LEAGUE: Wiki brushes Kiwi Carroll
By STEVE KILGALLON - Sunday Star Times | Sunday, 17 February 2008

It's lucky Tonie Carroll is already rethinking his pronouncement that he wants to play for the Kiwis again.

Carroll, a Kiwi in 2000 but a Kangaroo in 2004 (the first to switch for 90 years), suggested last week he wanted to play for the Kiwis again. He later back-tracked.

Former New Zealand captain Ruben Wiki's public pronouncements are rare and careful but he made it clear what he thought of Carroll's original defection when the Kangaroos came to North Harbour Stadium. A Wiki tackle set Carroll on his backside. Does that indicate how Wiki still feels?

"Yes," he said. "I'll leave it at that."

While Wiki has no issues with the series of Kiwis declaring for Samoa, he noted: "You can't chop and change, mate, you are either one or the other: he was a Kiwi and then he brushed us, now he wants to come back."

Wiki, meanwhile, is hoping for a phone call from new Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney inviting him to be involved with a new coaching set-up. Wiki says Kearney's new adviser, Wayne Bennett, called him for his opinions while he debated whether to take a role with the national side.

If Rueben doesn't want Tonie then no other Kiwi should - nuff said!

Northern_Union

Hear hear Ruben. Carrol will never ever be what Wiki is, a proud Kiwi and a man that is held in the highest regard by his country.

PB_old

Global warming is a load of old codswallop. Kav

Thank you, Kav. For the sake of us all, I'm overlooking the degree and myriad of reasons of the alleged codswallop, and only taking issue with statement due to it being a blanket one - else there is the chance of agreeing.

Ahhh... the universe is at peace again. :peace:

Jesbass_old

LEAGUE: Wiki brushes Kiwi Carroll
By STEVE KILGALLON - Sunday Star Times | Sunday, 17 February 2008

It's lucky Tonie Carroll is already rethinking his pronouncement that he wants to play for the Kiwis again.

Carroll, a Kiwi in 2000 but a Kangaroo in 2004 (the first to switch for 90 years), suggested last week he wanted to play for the Kiwis again. He later back-tracked.

Former New Zealand captain Ruben Wiki's public pronouncements are rare and careful but he made it clear what he thought of Carroll's original defection when the Kangaroos came to North Harbour Stadium. A Wiki tackle set Carroll on his backside. Does that indicate how Wiki still feels?

"Yes," he said. "I'll leave it at that."

While Wiki has no issues with the series of Kiwis declaring for Samoa, he noted: "You can't chop and change, mate, you are either one or the other: he was a Kiwi and then he brushed us, now he wants to come back."

Wiki, meanwhile, is hoping for a phone call from new Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney inviting him to be involved with a new coaching set-up. Wiki says Kearney's new adviser, Wayne Bennett, called him for his opinions while he debated whether to take a role with the national side.

If Rueben doesn't want Tonie then no other Kiwi should - nuff said!

I'm surprised Killer went along with this. Carroll didn't say he wanted to turn out for the Kiwis in this world cup. TVNZ took him out of context.