Internationals Tony Carrol wants to play for Kiwis...again!

Viking_old

One news had a story on Tony this morning in which he's offerred his services to us again and actually he's always felt like a Kiwi. Hooray for Tony.

Warrioraholic_old

Theres a pub in town here with a big picture of him in the kiwis jersey. Swaping codes like Thorn is ok I guess but not sides. Give him a Kidwell special!!!

JonB_old

I don't think he will be welcomed with open arms. But knowing the NZRL they will actually make him captain. Probably coach as well.

sportsthought_old

no no no, this is totally screwed up.

He should not be allowed into NZ again ever. He defected.

Jesbass_old

Lol, that's one of the funniest things I ever heard. He's an Australian through and through, and has been since his first representative in 1997. Surely, either he or the journalist is having a laugh...

Viking, if there's a link, can you post it up? I'd love a good laugh!

Jesbass_old

Theres a pub in town here with a big picture of him in the kiwis jersey. Swaping codes like Thorn is ok I guess but not sides. Give him a Kidwell special!!!

Thorn swapped sides, too. He represented Queensland and Australia in league, then went over to union and made the All Blacks. Then he came back to league and said "of course, the dream is to play for Australia". He must get confused at the airport, having to constantly switch between his passports, lol!

Viking_old

Lol, that's one of the funniest things I ever heard. He's an Australian through and through, and has been since his first representative in 1997. Surely, either he or the journalist is having a laugh...

Viking, if there's a link, can you post it up? I'd love a good laugh!

No link to the story yet but it was on TV ONE sports news this morning where they interviewed Tony and he stated he'd play for NZ and has always felt like a Kiwi. I did miss the first part of the interview but the jist of it seemed to be him wanting to play for NZ now Waynes onboard. I guess he has no chance of playing for Australia with Stuart in charge and Gallan and O'Donnell would be ahead of him for the 13 jersey anyway.

If NZ pick him, I'll back another international team, that would be the last straw.

Jesbass_old

No link to the story yet but it was on TV ONE sports news this morning where they interviewed Tony and he stated he'd play for NZ and has always felt like a Kiwi. I did miss the first part of the interview but the jist of it seemed to be him wanting to play for NZ now Waynes onboard. I guess he has no chance of playing for Australia with Stuart in charge and Gallan and O'Donnell would be ahead of him for the 13 jersey anyway.

If NZ pick him, I'll back another international team, that would be the last straw.

It seems kind of odd that TV One would see fit to interview Carroll about the Kiwis...

Viking_old

It seems kind of odd that TV One would see fit to interview Carroll about the Kiwis...

They also showed a picture of his grandfather who was apparently a prominent Maori politician somewhere in the South Island I think.

Look, I could be wrong about this because I missed the first part of the interview but he's certainly eligable as he hasn't played for Oz since 05.

Jesbass_old

They also showed a picture of his grandfather who was apparently a prominent Maori politician somewhere in the South Island I think.

Look, I could be wrong about this because I missed the first part of the interview but he's certainly eligable as he hasn't played for Oz since 05.

Nah, I've seen a thread on it at another forum with someone who caught the end of the article, too. It looks legitimate, which just makes it even funnier! :lol1:

Viking_old

It's only funny until they pick him!

Lock has never been a problem position for the Kiwis anyway so I can't see the need for him at all.

Jesbass_old

It's only funny until they pick him!

Lock has never been a problem position for the Kiwis anyway so I can't see the need for him at all.

Actually, that's frighteningly true. As much as I think Kearney and Bennett are better than that, I forgot who their employers are... :ballchain:

Northern_Union

Anyone unaware of how i feel about this?

For anyone unsure i can tell you what my answer to him would be in two words, wanna guess what those two words are? Heres a hint the last word is"off".

Jesbass_old

Anyone unaware of how i feel about this?

For anyone unsure i can tell you what my answer to him would be in two words, wanna guess what those two words are? Heres a hint the last word is"off".

Is the first word "trade"? Are you suggesting we get Carroll and Australia get Sonny-Bill? :lol1:

Warrioraholic_old

Thorn swapped sides, too. He represented Queensland and Australia in league, then went over to union and made the All Blacks. Then he came back to league and said "of course, the dream is to play for Australia". He must get confused at the airport, having to constantly switch between his passports, lol!

Sorry I worder that wrong, I meant that codes/swaping sides is different in that you dont line up against the same people you just played along side.

Jesbass_old

Sorry I worder that wrong, I meant that codes/swaping sides is different in that you dont line up against the same people you just played along side.

Well that's true, but I tend to think that most people should really only have one nationality that they refer to themselves by. Having said that, many are extremely proud of thier heritage, as am I, and if Scotland came knocking on my door, I'd still take an interest.

2big2strong_old

I honestly thought this was a Gee up until i saw that clip. there is absolutely nothing on the news over here in Bris which is weird but I can't expect he'd be welcomed with open arms back into the Kiwi side, he was probably the games best lock in 04' but considered himself Australian, now he's slipped back down the pecking order he's Kiwi again. Cheapens the jersey a little bit. David Kidwell once said he could forgive Karmichael Hunt but could never forgive Carroll. Hunt didn't pick and choose, he turned down the Kiwi's jumper from the start.