Internationals TONGA RLWC2013 Campaign

Hitman82

Hitman82

The fish was poor and Tonga have no true halves. A warm up game would have done them a world of good. It took Tonga sixty minutes to realise they have an amazing forward pack. I expect a better performance next round.
Also massive credit to the Scottish defence. Tenacious performance

Reactions: 1 users
Biffbebiffing

Biffbebiffing

As much as I like the Fish, that was a poor game from him. Hopefully he was just rusty from being off since July, but I expected much better from him.

Reactions: 1 user

slaughterhouse.sa

tonga needs a new goal kicker -

Tonga need new staff to be brutal.
They spent two weeks doing parades and shifting between countries - every other team was training.

It sounded like a good idea however preparation is everything - and they just got taught a massive lesson.

It will be interesting to see what their body weights / nutrition is like too

ramraider78

ramraider78

Tonga need new staff to be brutal.
They spent two weeks doing parades and shifting between countries - every other team was training.

It sounded like a good idea however preparation is everything - and they just got taught a massive lesson.

It will be interesting to see what their body weights / nutrition is like too
I hate to admit it but the team looked drained at the dinner in otahuhu yhe other week.

Still whatever the halftime speech was it worked imo,what was nafe thinking trying grubbers;langi was shocking with the boot,that was the diffrence.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Turned internet off my phone, left the radio off at work, didnt talk to any one of the 500 tradesmen on the site Im working on in case they told me the result and rushed back home only to watch MMT go down. Pretty disappointed.

Our halves, who were brilliant against Samoa earlier this year, didnt really factor. Foster was good but I dont know where Langi was.

For all the noise about our great forward pack I thought they didnt really step up apart from Fuifui and Manu. Taumalolo had some great plays but didnt promote the ball as well as I had of hoped. The rest were largely ineffective but did their basic job.

The hare brained plays that Nafe played as hooker and the greed shown by some out of dummy half was hair losing bad.

Fisihaha was either hot or cold. Mostly the latter.

Have to say I was impressed with the centres and wingers. Konrad looked like a forward and Taufua was on point with his defence.

Game plan didnt really allow the backs space and they stuck with the one off the ruck for far too long. Biggest disappointment was the jersey pulling tackles. SMH. Goal kicking was the other let down but I dont feel it should have ever been a factor.

The team I saw today would get pummeled by the big 3 and the Samoan team that played the Kiwis.

In saying that I have to tip my hat to Scotland for their tenacity and courage. Their young fullback was great and their captain punches well above his weight. Kane Linnetts professional foul, although a dog act, was clever and probably won them the game by stopping a near certain try.

Back to the drawing board...
999579 567749483298949 1651610336 n

Man of the Match Darren Lockyer Sika Manu​

Reactions: 4 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Why does it piss you off Mt Wellington ?

Is it because the boys should be focusing on their respective campaigns ? Or because Manu should give Tonga some years reping for the home nations while he's still fit ?
Just the Sam Moa bit peeves me off. Should be playing for Tonga. He played for us just over 6 months ago!!!

Sup42

Sup42

Just the Sam Moa bit peeves me off. Should be playing for Tonga. He played for us just over 6 months ago!!!
Totally agree and NZ don't need him. He's important to them don't get me wrong , but they have the forwards enough already for them to leave off Sam Moa if their other forwards pull their fingers out.

I guess if there is good of it.....seeing him shoulder charge Suia was epic.

Reactions: 2 users
Mr. Muller

Mr. Muller

agree with everything you said there mt.wellington. Couldn't be arsed talking or jumping online till now though.lol. Bring on next week and let's be honest, it better get a hell of alot better.

FrancisMelee

Think this RLWC will be your typical 3 horse race (Aus, NZ, UK) so Ive decided to back my 2nd team to the death. Love an underdog and this one is close to the heart.

I just cant read this without visualising Tongans and horses

Reactions: 1 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Got around to watching the replay, Hayne was bad as usual, but only the phantom obstruction (which he would never call in the NRL) leading to field position for the last scottish try, was overly shady. At least he let his touchies correct him a couple of times.
Still have to tackle, it’s not like the Scottish fullback was GI powering over the line! Havili letting him through in the first half was also poor.
I wouldn’t have given the last minute Fish hand reaching in as a try either, though being as the video ref was miked up, he should have mentioned that the ball had either been grounded by a Scottish body (possible) or knocked on by the Tongan player (also possible) to rule it out properly, instead of pretending it never happened.

Looking at the team sheet, I thought the Tongan strength was the outside backs, reckoned it was as good or better than NZ’s, I’d have Taufua over any of the kiwi wingers or centres, but took until they were trailing in the second half to move the ball more than 2 wide, aside from Linnett the scots outside backs were midgets in comparison.

Scotland promoting the ball and having a go, Tonga are powering ahead one out like they are the Rabbitohs (but without the spine to make it work) doesn't seem right.
You wouldn’t think of Fish as a rocks and diamonds kind of player, but he kind of is, he swings between outstanding and terrible quite a bit.

Reactions: 2 users
MarkW

MarkW

I fear the Tongans will take out their frustrations on a Kuki team who must be hurting after that USA loss. Could be a brutal scoreline.

Sup42

Sup42

^^^^ Funny Guy. I see three plates Konnie ! and the one under Ukuma's meal has a 2 Pies on it......either that or ukuma ordered two meals with two lots of fries , Chicken and Konnies favorites

Hitman82

Hitman82

Well, Tonga haven't had an ideal preparation and have been training less than other squads + didn't have any warm-up matches. So it stands to reason that if they've been smashing the big food (and I bet they have) then you'll have a few bellies developing.