NRL NRL Naughty chair

Someone called my father a Pom once in the local RSA (He was a Glaswegian)

I recall my mother pulling all the cash from us kids piggy banks to help pay for the repairs to tables, chairs and glassware.

We didn't know what it was all about then. I guess the old man took offence at being regarded as English.
I shudder to think what intergenerational trauma was created by this systemic racism

If there is one thing we have learnt from the Reece Walsh trial is that these guys aren't the sharpest and expecting them to be able to remember what story they are supposed to sticking to is a big ask.

The only way he gets off is if he genuinely didn't say it.

So minimum 4 weeks then
True but also those same Broncos players have poor form at the judiciary for lying.

If there is one thing we have learnt from the Reece Walsh trial is that these guys aren't the sharpest and expecting them to be able to remember what story they are supposed to sticking to is a big ask.

The only way he gets off is if he genuinely didn't say it.

So minimum 4 weeks then
That lesson was a subject from ECE

I shudder to think what intergenerational trauma was created by this systemic racism
You're right. My mother was Irish so unfortunately for any English in the neighborhood, it was a tough time.

Past deeds done and all that . Never affected me nor my siblings in terms of looking for redress etc, but even to this day, the Scouse or Brummie accents grates. Good help anyone listening to a Glaswegian, someone from Armagh or from Cardiff.

Sorry Yugo

Anyway, back to the topic. Are there racists out there, for sure. Are there derogatory statements, absolutely. Is a derogatory statement racist? No idea but to me context is all important

Spencer is a dickhead, first and foremost. I really don't think he would know what racism actually is and that's being generous.
So his defence should be diminished responsibility. And if he gets Crichton and JWH to represent him he will do as well as poor old Reece

i feel like people are just desperately wanting to get banned prior to the season launch now.

happy to grant those wishes if this continues. this is not an excuse of a thread to say anything remotely racist, homophobic or whatever. if you feel the need to tell your awesome life story about how you were once called xxxx by someone of xxxx ethnicity, and that doesnt count as racism because of xxx, take it to twitter, facebook or call lifeline to tell someone who cares. this is not an opportunity to make jokes. this thead is always a little dangerous so to avoid locking the thread, offenders will simply be banned. shouldnt need to remind this so often.

David Riccio and Braith basically condemning Leniu already on 360.
Also the players making statements as this is fact.
100% support Mam, but they shouldn’t be talking as this has happened until the judiciary make their decision.
The media, some players and most of the public are not giving this guy his due process.
I am leaning very hard on the side that he said it but I won’t condemn the bloke until the facts are in.

Do u guys reckon mam would’ve laid the complaint if the broncos were winning and he was playing well?
I’m not defending leniu but it’s an interesting thought- are people more easily offended and more likely to complain when things aren’t going well/ they’re in a losing team?
I would say so.

Do u guys reckon mam would’ve laid the complaint if the broncos were winning and he was playing well?
I’m not defending leniu but it’s an interesting thought- are people more easily offended and more likely to complain when things aren’t going well/ they’re in a losing team?
I would say so.
Yes. Your mood definitely affects how you react to things.

We investigated bringing in hate speech laws in NZ but it’s a minefield due to context.

The example you give highlights the exact same words to the exact same person can be taken differently in different situations.

Potentially. Certainly could be considered derogatory. Insulting. Really depends a lot on who the two people are. Does racist have to be black v white? Can a Japanese person be racist to a Chinese person even though they are both asian?
A lot of Asian cultures despise each other for a number of historical reasons.
Chinese can be extremely racist amongst their own countrymen ethnicities, don’t get me started on how some of them are towards westerners when they think you can’t understand them.

I see where hes coming from but dont agree.

Like the N word. Blacks can call each other N and its not racist. But if anyone else uses it....

Whats the word I am looking for ... hypocrisy?.

Bloody confusing for little kids. I see songs and what not where they use N like its a cool word. I have to remind my little kids its a bad word. A really fucking bad word...

I see where hes coming from but dont agree.

Like the N word. Blacks can call each other N and its not racist. But if anyone else uses it....

Whats the word I am looking for ... hypocrisy?.

Bloody confusing for little kids. I see songs and what not where they use N like its a cool word. I have to remind my little kids its a bad word. A really fucking bad word...

Whats even funnier had Spence called him a N, i dont think anyone would have blinked an eye in the US.

Call him a M (I'm now too scared to use the word)....... all hell breaks lose...

Back