Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
In a world like ours where things are grey and often ambiguous then it could be like a swap where the Sharks forgo any attempt to re-sign BHU and actively encourage him to join the warriors with their non pursuit of a new signature being the compensation they offer the warriors.
Would love a world where the sharks say in order for you to let us sign AFB for 2025, we release BHU to you from 2024 onwards. Like Gabrielle said, dreams can come true, you know you’ve got to have em, you know you’ve got to be strong.

I feel we need to effectively forget about the Sharks. They have AFBs contract for 2025 and the Warriors have said no player swap. The Sharks owe the Warriors nothing and have shown with Metcalf they are happy to play hardball. As of now they are just one of 16 possible teams to recruit from.
I’d say so too, they obviously wouldn’t give up who we wanted and BHU is off contract at the end of 2024 if they wanted to pursue him anyway.

In a world like ours where things are grey and often ambiguous then it could be like a swap where the Sharks forgo any attempt to re-sign BHU and actively encourage him to join the warriors with their non pursuit of a new signature being the compensation they offer the warriors.
Could be right there, he might have told them he wants to come home so they haven't resigned him.

Bunny, Ale, Barnett, AFB, Tohu, Marata, as seasoned Prop choices, then during the season we have Zyon Maiu’u, Laban and Sifakula coming through. At 28 Halasima might be a year early. I say see how next season stacks up with resources we already have before signing what appear to be fairly ordinary on offer

Can AFBs deal bust if we don't find a suitable replacement from any team?
For all we know they’ve got it all sorted? David long in his last article was fairly complimentary in his article where he said Warriors don’t necessarily need a trade to come out of the deal in a good situation. He tends to have a bit of an idea what’s going a bit of the time, or so it seems.

AFB had 3 more years to run on his contract. "24 "25 "26. So he signed to the Sharks for 2025 & that's that? I think there's more to it that we don't know about. And they still owe us something or someone? Or did they buy out the entirety of his contract?
Think there might have been a transfer fee? But there were reports around the place saying CG had stated that they would address it in the new year too?

AFB had 3 more years to run on his contract. "24 "25 "26. So he signed to the Sharks for 2025 & that's that? I think there's more to it that we don't know about. And they still owe us something or someone? Or did they buy out the entirety of his contract?
Didn't he sign for 4 years?

All that means nothing when he’s been released by the Warriors and signed to the Sharks. There has been mention of a transfer fee and we would have no idea what’s actually happening behind closed doors.

All that means nothing when he’s been released by the Warriors and signed to the Sharks. There has been mention of a transfer fee and we would have no idea what’s actually happening behind closed doors.
It means nothing because no one has any idea lol. So it's all speculation for now. I can speculate, You can speculate, No one has any idea until the club releases more details. If they even do.

Back