Player Tohu Harris

Juno

I think Tohu Harris will be a good Captain. The question is will he be a successful Captain. Simon Mannering was a good 'follow me' leader. The trouble is often times the team did not follow.

Tohu Harris has a team that has across the park players who take responsibility and care about performance and results, not just those who are touted as possible Captains. Walsh, despite his youth, is one, as are Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Montoya, players who provide a lead for the likes of Berry, Pompey, Vailea and Ratuva.

Then you have Aitken, Egan, Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge. A Captain needs to take his team forward, to do that he needs able lieutenants, Tohu Harris has that now.
He's smart enough to know that too...

Reactions: 1 user
Cces

Cces

Any truth to this wee rumour?

A 6-9 month recovery time is usually what they use for an ACL. Next week will be 8 months post injury but I'm unsure on how quickly he was operated on after he done it

Reactions: 3 users
Defence

Defence

Funny- I just came to the site because I was watching an nrl physio video and Tohu Harris was one of the players he talked about- said it’s been just over 7 months since surgery and the average return in the nrl is 7 and a half- expects him back earlier than the warriors round 8-10 estimate.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
shuffle

shuffle

I don’t mind Harris taking his time with an ACL. Especially the work load he does on field. Fine with round 10. Hopefully the team is doing well by then.

Reactions: 5 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

A 6-9 month recovery time is usually what they use for an ACL. Next week will be 8 months post injury but I'm unsure on how quickly he was operated on after he done it
The injury was on July 17th. So your correct he’s at 8 months since injury in a week.
Unsure about this one, Tohu Harris was on Radiosport yesterday and mentioned he was at the 6 month mark in his recovery so was looking at round 10.
Would it have taken 2 months post injury before surgery for the 2 month discrepancy between injury and rehab timelines?

Surely he’s back sooner than round 10. There was an article in November of him running and saying rehab was going well.

Cces

Cces

The injury was on July 17th. So your correct he’s at 8 months since injury in a week.

Would it have taken 2 months post injury before surgery for the 2 month discrepancy between injury and rehab timelines?
Newshub reported he had surgery in July so he shouldn't be too far away. In recent times Warriors medics have always used the end range of injury recovery periods & players such as Chanel Harris-Tavita & Hiku have returned well ahead of scheduled. 🤞 this is another example

Reactions: 4 users

Juno

Newshub reported he had surgery in July so he shouldn't be too far away. In recent times Warriors medics have always used the end range of injury recovery periods & players such as Chanel Harris-Tavita & Hiku have returned well ahead of scheduled. 🤞 this is another example
What do they know lol. Could've been later? Lockdown, stuck in the netherlands, surgeon availability etc. Regardless, caution is better than rushing it.

Blackdot

Blackdot

The injury was a lot longer than 6 months ago, maybe the surgery got delayed for some reason?
Perhaps initially thought they would be able to fly home shortly after the season and had booked in to do the surgery in NZ?

Defence

Defence

Was watching Tohu Harris running through some exercises with a trainer before the game.
Just up and backs and some lateral stuff- looked pretty good but was still limping a bit walking off.
My uneducated guess would be closer to one month than two.

Reactions: 6 users