General To put last night's performace nto perspective

LordGnome_old

We were without our fly-half and our scrum-half got injured (we looked ok whilst Seymour was on the pitch.)

We were without our two starting props.

We were without out best defensive player (and vice-captain.)

We were without the world's best winger (and our main strike weapon, and a player who carts the ball up like a forward from deep.)

And I almost forgot about Lilliman, he was going ok before he got injured.

That's seven first choice selections missing through injury, plus Paddy (who was going okish before his injury.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwikid_old

Yeah it was just another case of having far too many key players missing, and when he were without Seymour we didn't have someone to guide us around the park and we just looked lost.

And the moment we let the Tigers run through us that's when they are hard to stop. We looked good in the early exchanges though but other than that it certainly was a match to forget.

Stay strong boys!

LordGnome_old

Putting Henserson at lock didn't work, either.

I would put lock at fullback, maybe Tate to the wing and Moon to the centres?

Or have Tupo and Manu as wingers - would that work?

DanKokoro_old

I'm sure everyone on this forum is aware of how absolutely screwed we've been by injuries ...

fitzy_old

I'm sure everyone on this forum is aware of how absolutely screwed we've been by injuries ...

Agreed. I would like to see how any of the teams would perform with the number of injuries to absolute key players
Think of the storm without without Smith, Slater, Inglis, etc.

Don't panic ladies and gentlemen. It's not over yet (although it may look like it at times!). We have yet to field our best team, and when we do, be afraid be very afraid!

GO THE WARRIORS!!!

PB_old

We were without our fly-half and our scrum-half got injured (we looked ok whilst Seymour was on the pitch.)

We were without our two starting props.

We were without out best defensive player (and vice-captain.)

We were without the world's best winger (and our main strike weapon, and a player who carts the ball up like a forward from deep.)

And I almost forgot about Lilliman, he was going ok before he got injured.

That's seven first choice selections missing through injury.

All valid points, LG, and you can add in the short turnaround as well. But there is further perspective.

The Tigers were not at full strength either.

Blake Aysford
Jason Cayless
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
Tim Moltzen
Taniela Tuiaki
Tame Tupou

That's a fair list missing, and nearly all are first team regulars.

Three minutes before half-time we were ahead 6-4 and competitive. Then we conceded 46 unanswered points. The loss of Seymour shouldn't have resulted in that, and the others you mention weren't there for the first 36 min and we were doing ok.

That was a shithouse performance bar a handful of players that looked like they knew what they were doing. I'm not asking for anyone's head, but if we can't put up a better fight than that, well, injuries aren't the only problem.

I await the Dragons with trepidation.

LordGnome_old

Agrred it was a terrible performance, and I would be really worried if that was our first choice 17.

ToiletDuck_old

I think we can safely start looking towards next season (again)...

Also...I really only see Price coming back if there's some sort of miracle...esp if/when we're not in the hunt for a spot in the 8.

garyhobson_old

I wouldnt be suprised if he had the attitude - After all ive done for this club you take the captaincy away from me in my final year of my playing days, this is how you repay for all the hard work ive done for this club over the years, screw you guys, ill do stuff all and get paid for it. Do nothing and get paid, you treat me like this, this how ill treat you back.

The common sence thing to do was make he and Mannering co captains for the season. Their excuse after the big review and audit was to move on with a new leader - Mannering for the future and still have Price there to hold his hand while learning to be a captain of an nrl side, well that was the common sence thing to do, but again this is the Warriors.

Personally I wouldnt have had Mannering as captain to begin with in the first place. Would have Sam Rapira over him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence_old

I don't think anyone can really comment on who deserves captaincy. We have no idea what goes on off the field.

BigD_old

However, it was Good to see the Warriors wearing Black armbands
in respect to the travelling Warriors fan from Taupo, who died last week at the stadium..

insulinboi_old

Lets all start supporting the Vulcans now. 3 wins in a row and in the top 8. Yayness.

Viking_old

Lets all start supporting the Vulcans now. 3 wins in a row and in the top 8. Yayness.

They beat the three worst teams of the competition but still not a bad run for the Vulcans. Lots of new faces from outside the Warriors squad too. Their recent good form has conincided with Gavets return from injury.

Spence_old

How many minutes has he been playing for them? How long did he used to play for the U20s? About 15 minutes?

Spence_old

Oh wait, my mistake. He averaged 8.9. I don't quite believe that. I knew he wasn't on the field for huge amounts of time. But I'm sure I remember seeing a lot more than that!