General Titans vs Warriors trial

feijoa_old

well judging by the last 2 weeks of trials no audio or video feeds were given..but now its over in ozz

if anyone knows anywhere to listen/watch the game would be much appreciated

if not text game updates would be great :D

Spence_old

There is score updates on RadioSport, that is all. Maybe an Aussie sports station will play it, and we could listen online?

feijoa_old

just had a look through the titans forums,nothing mentioned in the way of media

Tajhay_old

i cant even find anything about it on australian radio stations...most likely due to the game being in lismore....

Esoj_old

too any pre-season games/trials ever get big media coverage? the only one in the nrl I know that does is the charity shield.

Tajhay_old

too any pre-season games/trials ever get big media coverage? the only one in the nrl I know that does is the charity shield.

you are right. a lot of trial games are held in areas where there isnt really an nrl team around the place, hence very very limited media. funny thing is that i have to come onto this website to find out the warriors trial scores :)

the charity shield is slightly bigger...i guess this year is slighly more hyped up than previously due to the bennett factor.

p.s on tv sports news last night - bennett drilling his dragons players at training...and then there was his disabled teenage son in his rabbitohs jersey giving his dad an evil evil stare whilst the players looked on :) his son is a diehard rabbitoh fan.

Esoj_old

p.s on tv sports news last night - bennett drilling his dragons players at training...and then there was his disabled teenage son in his rabbitohs jersey giving his dad an evil evil stare whilst the players looked on :) his son is a diehard rabbitoh fan.

yeah I was reading about this. he apparently dresses up in other team's colours to give his old man a bit of stick.

https://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=53855
Enemy sighting within Dragons camp
Judging by appearances, St George Illawarra have a long way to go if they're to win over Mr Bennett.

Not new coach Wayne Bennett, but his son Justin.

Bennett's mentally disabled son gatecrashed Dragons training at WIN Jubilee Stadium on Friday dressed head to toe in South Sydney Rabbitohs gear.

It is a stunt Justin has performed for years in Brisbane and he has now brought the act to Sydney with his father.

Providing a lighter side to the team's final run, Justin interrupted the session as he ran in front of his intense father wearing the cardinal red and myrtle green of Saturday's Charity Shield opponents.

Dragons winger Jason Nightingale said the players had been warned about Justin's antics and expect plenty more sightings of the `enemy' at training throughout the NRL season.

"Wayne's told us about that, Justin likes to dress up in the other team's colours just to give his dad a bit of stick," said Nightingale.

"It's all in good fun. I'm sure he does it to get under Wayne's collar.

"He said he's always hated the Broncos, I hope he likes the Dragons a bit more."

Justin's playful antics are one of the many things master coach Bennett has brought to the Dragons in 2009.

While Bennett might come across as an intense person in the public eye, the players speak highly of the coach's humour and wit when dealing with those closest to him.

New recruit Jeremy Smith, who spent the past five years under Craig Bellamy at Melbourne, said Bennett had a lighter side to him and was less intense than his previous coach at the Storm.

"There's a lot of similarities, Bellyache (Bellamy) is a bit more intense," he said.

"I'm sure Benny was like that in the early stages of his coaching career but there's a lot of similarities between Bellyache and Benny.

"The way they put things to players and come across to you, they have an aura about them."

Dragons fans will be hoping Bennett's aura continues to provide success as they face South Sydney in Saturday's Charity Shield at ANZ Stad

ToiletDuck_old

you are right. a lot of trial games are held in areas where there isnt really an nrl team around the place, hence very very limited media. funny thing is that i have to come onto this website to find out the warriors trial scores :)

the charity shield is slightly bigger...i guess this year is slighly more hyped up than previously due to the bennett factor.

Yeah I think his son likes to rock up to training wearing enemy colours to fire them up...bit of fun, Wayne obviously likes it. Saw in an article that J Smith was saying Bennett was actually less intense than Bellamy as a coach...obviously worked well with the Kiwi boys.

Iafeta_old

yeah I was reading about this. he apparently dresses up in other team's colours to give his old man a bit of stick.

https://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=53855
Enemy sighting within Dragons camp
Judging by appearances, St George Illawarra have a long way to go if they're to win over Mr Bennett.

Not new coach Wayne Bennett, but his son Justin.

Bennett's mentally disabled son gatecrashed Dragons training at WIN Jubilee Stadium on Friday dressed head to toe in South Sydney Rabbitohs gear.

It is a stunt Justin has performed for years in Brisbane and he has now brought the act to Sydney with his father.

Providing a lighter side to the team's final run, Justin interrupted the session as he ran in front of his intense father wearing the cardinal red and myrtle green of Saturday's Charity Shield opponents.

Dragons winger Jason Nightingale said the players had been warned about Justin's antics and expect plenty more sightings of the `enemy' at training throughout the NRL season.

"Wayne's told us about that, Justin likes to dress up in the other team's colours just to give his dad a bit of stick," said Nightingale.

"It's all in good fun. I'm sure he does it to get under Wayne's collar.

"He said he's always hated the Broncos, I hope he likes the Dragons a bit more."

Justin's playful antics are one of the many things master coach Bennett has brought to the Dragons in 2009.

While Bennett might come across as an intense person in the public eye, the players speak highly of the coach's humour and wit when dealing with those closest to him.

New recruit Jeremy Smith, who spent the past five years under Craig Bellamy at Melbourne, said Bennett had a lighter side to him and was less intense than his previous coach at the Storm.

"There's a lot of similarities, Bellyache (Bellamy) is a bit more intense," he said.

"I'm sure Benny was like that in the early stages of his coaching career but there's a lot of similarities between Bellyache and Benny.

"The way they put things to players and come across to you, they have an aura about them."

Dragons fans will be hoping Bennett's aura continues to provide success as they face South Sydney in Saturday's Charity Shield at ANZ Stad

LOL - that son is great. Good story.

Tajhay_old

the tv report mentioned that he was a rabbitoh fan. didnt realise he wore the enemy jerseys to fire them up. i can understand where he is coming from though, so many brisbanites love to hate the broncos, and justifiably so.

Esoj_old

anyway back on topic I think the best hope to get score updates is if someone sends updates to somewhere like LU live from the ground. otherwise I think will be waiting until after the game when it hits the news

Samo_old

Game starts at 7:30pm aus time. Just about to leave to go to Lismore from Gold Coast now! Might try to catch a bit of the U20's

feijoa_old

would you mind bringing a camera and recording the game for us,and maybe getting costo to commentate it,if thats not to much to ask...just playing :D

welcome to the forum

2big2strong_old

Ok. U20's has just finished.....

We shot off to a big lead, 28 - 6 but then went to sleep and let them score 28 unanswered points to make it 28 - 34 to them. We scored another converted try just before the buzzer to make it a 34-34 draw. Dissapointing we went to sleep.

2big2strong_old

Some real danger signs there. I guess we're really missing the leadership of O'Regan and some of the other older players.

Spence_old

RadioSport is doing them, but he could be getting them from LU, he was last game.

2big2strong_old

Titans forum. I'm listening to the radio as well. Remember I'm only 2 hours away from where the game is being played, should get better coverage on local tv/Radio than Radiosport.