Gameday < 2021 Titans vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 14, 2019]

All games pre 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth

As some have mentioned. We have lost who we are. We are never going to beat Melbourne playing like Melbourne. Kearney needs to realise that our strengths are also our weakness.
We throw it around . We run off the back fence. We hunt as a pack. We offload, drop balls, give away points just before the break. We have heart. We did dumb shit. We made up for it. We were exciting. We were the Warriors.

Under Kearney, we are a shit Melbourne rip off. I miss us being the Warriors.
We had something other teams didn't. We were entertainers.
To those who say we didn't win anything playing that way. We haven't won anything any way but at least we had the house jumping.
I miss those days.
Hopefully when Kearney said he wants the team loving footy again, this may be what we see today.

Reactions: 9 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

To take a moment to revisit the lighter side...

For all of those that were concerned for my welfare, I stopped at the pub on my way home. Therefore all is well in RobRoyMcCoy land. Now if only I can work my way thru that keg...

Reactions: 5 users
Sledge

Sledge

As some have mentioned. We have lost who we are. We are never going to beat Melbourne playing like Melbourne. Kearney needs to realise that our strengths are also our weakness.
We throw it around . We run off the back fence. We hunt as a pack. We offload, drop balls, give away points just before the break. We have heart. We did dumb shit. We made up for it. We were exciting. We were the Warriors.

Under Kearney, we are a shit Melbourne rip off. I miss us being the Warriors.
We had something other teams didn't. We were entertainers.
To those who say we didn't win anything playing that way. We haven't won anything any way but at least we had the house jumping.
I miss those days.
Hopefully when Kearney said he wants the team loving footy again, this may be what we see today.
I don’t think we can go back to those days, we were shite back then and yes we are worse now. We need to find the right balance for the Warriors with a coach who can implement it. Kearney is out of ideas. If we win tonight he gets a breather but if we lose the drums will only beat louder.

Reactions: 5 users

The Truth

I don’t think we can go back to those days, we were shite back then and yes we are worse now. We need to find the right balance for the Warriors with a coach who can implement it. Kearney is out of ideas. If we win tonight he gets a breather but if we lose the drums will only beat louder.
I don't care if we go back to how we were. I would much prefer to go back to that then carry on with this process bullshit.
Good coaches don't win competitions by ripping off other teams. They change the game and create something new, something different. Then implement it. We had flair. We had a different style. We need to use that to our advantage.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Ironically enough, when Mark Graham coached the side the first thing he worked on was completions and cutting down on errors. Mark was a much better coach than given credit for and if I am right was the only Kiwi apart from Graham Lowe to coach in the NSWRL, albeit was reserve grade.

His theories caused a lot of angst among those in the local game who worried the natural flair would be worked out of them. So after he got sacked when Watson took over he was replaced by Anderson. Guess what, he inherited a bunch of very talented youngsters who were just a little more careful with the ball.

There were some greats in that side, which gets me thinking the problem now is less the coach than the recruiting, because Mark Graham recruited much of that great team.

Reactions: 3 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Hugh McGahan was player / coach at the Roosters for a few games at year end ... I think.

Maybe the coach who follows Kearney will inherit the basis of a good team - just add a centre, prop, a back rower, maybe a half / hooker, further experience, a coach with a suitable game plan , a good bench, a decent reserve grade side to put pressure on the 1st graders, a supportive board and CEO, a good field kicker, owners prepared to spend money .... Jeez a new club????

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

boneless

Titans throw some not bad looking shapes in attack, I think we're in for a towelling if their halves go ok

Raw Power

Raw Power

On the Goldie now Folks! Broadbeach... ocean view, Fricken beauty day, now grabbing a cab to get to CBUS stadium with great tickets... oh yeah a few beers and off to the Footy, first Warriors Live game this year, Here we Go the Warriors... All aboard for Fun Time (WE HOPE)
You gotta love LIVE LEAGUE! GO THE BOYS!

Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

On the Goldie now Folks! Broadbeach... ocean view, Fricken beauty day, now grabbing a cab to get to CBUS stadium with great tickets... oh yeah a few beers and off to the Footy, first Warriors Live game this year, Here we Go the Warriors... All aboard for Fun Time (WE HOPE)
You gotta love LIVE LEAGUE! GO THE BOYS!
Keep us posted on the live atmos bro

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I'm a warriors fan thru n thru, one Team One dream, common boys win tonight, and continue on 1 game at a time,
See you other so called fans in the finals.

TripleL

We own the Titans, I’m expecting a win. Not that it changes anything. Not up to it this year for a myriad of reasons that have been mentioned a thousand times...

gpred

gpred

Contributor
We are never going to beat Melbourne playing like Melbourne.
This is absolutely The Truth. It's actually a demonstrable mathematical truth (which I'd like to detial when I get a chance) that if you are playing a superior side like Melbourne you will lose more often if you try to play consistently, and win more often if you try to take a few more risks (reverse is true if you are already Melbourne).

Status
Not open for further replies.