Gameday < 2021 Titans vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 14, 2019]

All games pre 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.

PNG Kiwi

Yes sad it has come to this, I would like a win, but if we don't, just another game why invest in the emotional roller coaster.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

I stopped reading at kiss our season goodbye

For me today is a huge day.If we can't beat the Titans you can kiss our season goodbye.
The irony is that a win puts us on the same points as the current 8th placed team which is incredible when considering how shit we have been this year.
The really disappointing thing for me ( apart from everything else) and Mt Wellington mentioned something similar about boring play in another post is our now total lack of ability to produce the type of footy where in the days of old we could produce three tries in the last 8 minutes to snatch victory late in the game.
Warriors teams of old could always do it at any time and it won us quite a few games and most definitely won us a lot more fans.This ability has totally disappeared.
It is evidenced by us now never scoring any long range tries or 3 tries in the last 10 minutes.Plays that we used to be famous for.
I know we needed to be more consistent but that and flair are not mutually exclusive but in our team it seems they are....now we are not even either.
It was a coaching mindset that had its genesis in the Cleary years,was continued in the Elliot and Mc Fadden times and totally cemented in by Kearney.
Further proof ,not that we fans need it,is the fact that before the Kearney years we had the best record of any team against The Storm.It was commonly known that our style troubled them.As a fan you watched those games with excitement and often a reasonable expectation we would win.......and we would.
Before the Kearney years our record was almost 50:50.We have now lost our last 9 games against them.

This fact, the way we are playing,where we are on the table ,the apathy,frustration and general disinterest by lots of fans,the idea that this week despite all else that is obvious to all the fans the Coach says that he needs his team to be "happier and smiling" proves to me where Kearney is at.

Kearneys process is complete or as complete as it is ever going to be............Time to move on.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

The team needs to win against someone decent for me to get excited again.

At this point, the biggest outcome of a game like this is to see whether or not we'll get the spoon.

Reactions: 3 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

Well fuck you all, I am excited!!!!!!

The fact that I have a keg of beer at peak condition and some excellent weed has nothing to do with it, your honour!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
unbelievably I’m probably more interested in the Chiefs game after it.

I’m almost more interested to watch the highlanders game that’s on the same time!
Watching this game is a bit of a lose lose, win and nothing will really change as it’s the Titans- lose and I risk my sanity

Reactions: 5 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Well fuck you all, I am excited!!!!!!
Im with you! We smash the Titans every time we play then. Green to lay on a tonne of tries, Fusitua to score a hat trick. 20+ point win🎉

This is the game we get our confidence and form back and start our finals run.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
janfin

janfin

You can do it .A win by 6 would just be awesome ,please pretty please .👍🏻

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Already had a couple of jars. Nice sunny afternoon in the 'Naki and have decided to watch some V8 supercar shit. At least there's a good chance of some kiwis winning.

If I make it to 8pm, well in good. If not there's always a replay tomorrow. Gotta go with a Janfin special again and hope like hell Roger gets his form back.

Reactions: 4 users

valpy73

Im with you! We smash the Titans every time we play then. Green to lay on a tonne of tries, Fusitua to score a hat trick. 20+ point win🎉

If you member rightly the Titans gave us a toweling up there last year and going by last games form Im putting some money on the Titans.

Warriors have been embarrassing and have given up to easily to many times this year.

Reactions: 3 users

JaggedJ

Last time we played the Titans on the Coast we lost 36-12

Signing Off -

Captain killjoy

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
rugged

rugged

I want to see Harris and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as our main points of attack in the opposition red zone. I know Harris doesn't get the same room without defenders sweating on Johnson, but these two are easily our most dangerous players close to the line

Reactions: 2 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

What's up with the bookie, not open yet or am I too pissed to figure out the odds?

gpred

gpred

Contributor
TAB has us as favourites. Not sure which NRL they've been watching in the past few weeks.

Might put something on the Tits to try and buy a win.

I feel like if we lose tonight it will be rock bottom.

the borg

Not really interested in win or lose...just hope the kiwi reps come into form for next wk 😴

Status
Not open for further replies.