General This is the worst piece of commentary I have ever heard..

blez_old

It came from Peter Ropati in todays game v Nth Q.

Can't remember exactly but words to these effect.

"Thurston has scored a total of 2 points in his 4 previous games against the Warriors. This game so far, he has scored 6 points!. That shows just how much Thurston has improved as a player this year."

That is a shocker. Judging how much a player has improved by the amount of points he has scored? In the other 4 games he wasn't even the Cowboys kicker. Josh Hannay was.

Peter Ropati is an expert analyst?. Yeah right.

aussie_warrior_old

I didn't hear that, but it is pretty funny. Unfortunately, I have heard much worse.

Joe 90_old

Try listening to Wayne Pearce on the Knights/Souths game at the moment. Shocking.

You cant beat Sterlo or Gus Gould for expert comments.

Northern_Union

It came from Peter Ropati in todays game v Nth Q.

Can't remember exactly but words to these effect.

"Thurston has scored a total of 2 points in his 4 previous games against the Warriors. This game so far, he has scored 6 points!. That shows just how much Thurston has improved as a player this year."

That is a shocker. Judging how much a player has improved by the amount of points he has scored? In the other 4 games he wasn't even the Cowboys kicker. Josh Hannay was.

Peter Ropati is an expert analyst?. Yeah right.

Not long after that howler he said it was strange that Hohaia hadn't been put into the game yet.....he had actually been on the field for something like 11 minutes when Ropo said that.

Skinny_Ravs82

Muahaha...even I saw Hohaia out on the park before the commentators...well I'm sure we all did!

tookeytookey_old

Not only that, just as they said that, Hohaia was in centre screen KOed.

The commentators are a complete and utter embarrassment to us. Sky desperately need to change it. It's listening to Uncle Jack give a run down on the under 5's comparing them to the rest of the callers (bar Wayne Pearce who is just as bad).

Northern_Union

Why the hell don't they bite the bullet and try and get Allan Mac, he's as good as anyone in the world.

playdaball_old

Why the hell don't they bite the bullet and try and get Allan Mac, he's as good as anyone in the world.

Allen did TV a few years ago and it was not as good as his radio. His non stop style is suited to radio not TV.

Why not use Ken Laban as a commentator rather than Costo? Hugh McGahan is also a useful comments man as is Tony Kemp.

Perhaps Ropo has other things on his mind at the moment?

playdaball_old

Allen did TV a few years ago and it was not as good as his TV.

Why not use Ken Laban as a commentator rather than Costo. Hugh McGahan is also a useful comments man as is Tony Kemp.

Perhaps Ropo has other things on his mind at the moment?

Northern_Union

Ken Laban was ordinary when he last did TV work....i think it was about the time if the Lion Red Cup.

sportsthought_old

Sky tv seem treat league fans like they are dummies. I also heard both of his comments and thought they were mental. To say that JT had improved so much as a player cos he scored a few more points against the Warriors was mental. The Maori TV commentators are better.

The only Sky guy able to offer any insight is Halligan.

aussie_warrior_old

Gus is pretty crap. I heard a comment today along the lines of...

'Scoring a try in the first 3 minutes of the game builds your confidence...'

I'm like, well thanks, you get paid for stating that Captain Obvious? That actually annoys me more than anything. I could do that!!!

Plus he is pretty biased.

raypower_old

How about costo's 109kg of pure polynesian beef?

Although not in the same ball park I thought that was quite funny.

Northern_Union

And while we're at it Matty Johns just aint funny anymore.....he's used up all his material.

-Dr.J-_old

Yeah I'd say Wopati runs in a close second behind Wayne Pierce. RANT IMPENDING IN 3..2..1

Wopati honestly needs to stop and think ebfore he talks, because he'll often make a totally Warriors biased comment even if it's in spite of the obvious truth of what's unfolding. I'm a Warriors fan (duh) but I like my commentators to not try and re-write the facts because they're getting all emo-excited like Wopati does. Then the others call him out for it and he attacks them. He clearly has been told not to fight with the other two as much thesedays cos I still have these nightmares about us losing all through 2004 and having to put up with those girls having commentary handbags. God those games used to break my balls.

Wayne Pierce, f*ckin Wayne Pierce, this guy is about as one eyed as my trouser snake. Listening to him rag on us all day long last week was just painful. Another Wopati "I'm telling it like it's fact but I don't realise I'm biased" sort of idiot. Then he'll throw out the token gesture of an overtly gushy remark once a game about the team like he has a guilty conscience about how much of a biased tool he's being. I still have memories of beer coming out my nose, the time I heard him call Manu Vatuvei "Mi-Manny Vatootai". No shit.

GET THEM OFF
NOW
PLEASE
AH.... CHUR

Jesbass_old

I'd take Ray Warren hands down. Actually, that may be interpreted more than one way...lol...

I remember one point, before the Hohaia incident, when Brenton Bowen had gone into the corner for a try. The referee called the video ref and asked him to check the grounding. Straight after that, Ropati says something along the lines of "The ref is checking whether Bowen went over the sideline, and he didn't, so I don't know why he's checking." A few seconds and a few replays later: "He may also be checking the grounding." Lol! :lol1:

ToiletDuck_old

He gets so much of the game wrong because he's probably checking out Mcivor on the sidelines..