General The Warriors 2020 Predictions

What position will The Warriors finish in for the 2020 regular season?

• Total voters

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
If you want to be slightly optimistic, I reckon our roster (coaching is another matter) is at least as strong as the Titans Tigers and bulldogs if not stronger. There are 4 teams Raiders Storm Rabbits and Roosters who are far superior to us. All the rest have question marks around them from lack of half’s at the Broncos to consistency issues at the Eels, an aging roster at the sharks.

If we have a bit of luck and a couple of players like Isiah and Chanel Harris-Tavita have breakout seasons, combined with some bad luck at other clubs we could just sneak into the 8.

That’s my absolute best case scenario though. I’m still thinking 13th

I would go as far as to say we have a slightly stronger roster than the Tigers, Titans and Bulldogs. However they have superior coaching teams.

I think we will finish somewhere between 11th-15th depending on injuries, game plan and coaching changes.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Watching that final trial what got me was the lack of cohesion and urgency. Sure trials are not the real thing, but cohesion and urgency are two things that should be obvious in a trial. The only positive I can think of it that neither trial was as bad as that effort against the Dragons at Nelson all those years ago...for what that is worth.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Home teams in Sydney could play in empty stadiums as the coronavirus spreads

That means less annoying one eyed Sydney fans saying ' Get of him" "Youre Rubbish ....." & " Ref Penalty"

Less fan abuse from Aussie home fans means Warriors will play with more confidence in Sydney.

I say top 4

Billy Teets James

I don't think sacking the coach will change a dam thing whilst we still have a reckless big mouth CEO who also thinks he's a coach.
He wants to drive the bus & be the wheels.

We can point the finger at Kearney all we want. If we want to attract players to our club. We need something to attract them.

We have unproven assistant coaches in Iro & Jones. Jones is the greatest Warrior of all time. But I don't think he has the smarts to be a top level coach.

I'd keep him as a mentor. At the club in some role. Players like Shaun Johnson & Nathan Cleary idolized Jones. Wiki is held in the same regard. I'm sure being at a club where potential signings could possibly rub shoulders with some of the greats of the game is appealing to some.

Brown has a bad track record also. Seen many a story of players/management/supporters bad mouthing him. So what would he offer as a coach if players & management from his ex club are doing that? How is he going to solve our recruitment dilemma?

It only makes it worse. You can only apply so much make up before you realise you're just plain unattractive.

We have players past their used by date on big $. Milking the club for all its worth.

If I was a warrior target and looked at what we offer. I'd rather play park football.

The owners need to sweep the broom threw the whole club.

We're plain ugly.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Home teams in Sydney could play in empty stadiums as the coronavirus spreads

That means less annoying one eyed Sydney fans saying ' Get of him" "Youre Rubbish ....." & " Ref Penalty"

Less fan abuse from Aussie home fans means Warriors will play with more confidence in Sydney.

I say top 4

Mate, you can't be serious about the top 4?

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I wish someone at the organisation had balls like the Broncos did with Boyd. Instead of Blair coming out and saying he's not sure whether he will play next year, the club should tell him he is no longer in first grade plans for this year and beyond.

But Kearney will have him in his starting team all year. We are enablers. We created this shitty situation. Can't blame him for wanting to prolong his paycheck, at the end of the day it takes two to tango. Problem is this club for so long does tango with it's ass hanging out so we just keep getting raped again and again.

Can't see anything changing this year from last except our final finishing position being lower.

#TheTeamThatKearneyBuilt

Either way, going forward we are in for long lean years. Damage has been done and we continue to shit our pants because of pride/ego and inability to adapt. Reviews after full seasons to report back to fans that people weren't putting in at training can only get you so far. We have more coaching staff than any other club, yet it takes shit like that to realise at end of the season? What the fuck were they doing all season? Nodding their head in agreement whenever Kearney spoke?

This club has no balls.

Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 2, 2016
Katoa for Blair make Blair waterboy or in the prop rotation if he doesnt hit over 100 metres he can run home behind the bus. Im sick of this Animal from the muppets twin brother guy all mouth and no actions

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Today's Herald
Michael Burgess

Rugby League: New Warriors owner Mark Robinson on Stephen Kearney, culture, and off-season changes

Warriors owner Mark Robinson says coach Stephen Kearney has "responded really well" to the NRL challenges laid at his feet.
Kearney is under more pressure than at any other time during his tenure at the Auckland-based club.
The run to end the 2017 campaign was tough, with nine consecutive defeats (equalling an unwanted club record), but there was an understanding it was his first season and he was shaping the roster.
Last season was well below par — albeit there were some close losses — but Kearney had some grace after the historic 2018 finals appearance.
But there won't be much leeway this year, as Robinson made clear soon after gaining sole control of the club last September.
"Next year has to be his year," Robinson told the Herald then. "If it's not, it's not, and it's probably time to move on.
"He has been under the pump, he [inherited] a team when he first turned up, and has had three years to change those players around. Like anyone else in a business, he's on notice.
"He needs to make the top eight next year, otherwise we will have to have a sit-down."

Catching up with Robinson for the first time since then, the owner has been impressed with Kearney's work across the pre-season.
"I think he has responded really well," said Robinson. "We had a talk about the roster and everything [recently] and he was pretty up-front about it. He said 'I'm here to coach the team'. Of course he would like a few more players but he is just focusing on his job, which is to get the best out of the players he has.
"He has been working really hard on that and I am really happy with his progress. And when people are offering help, he is looking at it and saying that will help."

Part of that assistance has come in the form of former Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown, who has been hired as a technical adviser.
Brown has a lot of NRL coaching experience (245 games), with mixed success, but Robinson, like chief executive Cameron George last month, affirms he is not waiting in the wings should Kearney stumble.
"We thought he might be sniffing around, but it wasn't that at all," said Robinson.
"He was looking for a bit of work and he thought he could help us around the halves and at hooker. He has done a good job and it has made [assistant coach] Stacey Jones better ... made him look at things completely differently."

Warriors owner Mark Robinson. Photo / Photosport

The Warriors have been quiet on the recruitment front — mainly because they have only one vacant spot on their list — but Robinson says their time will come, probably around the middle of this year.
"We have got money sitting there for a big prop if [they] turn up," said Robinson. "We are trying to pick which ones are going to go and stay in the next few months, and who is coming off contract.

"We probably don't need anyone for a while in the backs, but the forward pack, we need to strengthen up a bit, we all know that. And we have 12 players coming off contract, so they will need to fight, [as] they won't all be signed."
Wandering through the Warriors headquarters at Mt Smart, it's not hard to see the impact of the new owners.
In September, Robinson made it clear the environment needed to be changed, literally and metaphorically. Although the second is more intangible, he has ticked off the first.
The club's reception and offices have been refurbished, with new furniture and a cleaner, sleeker look, while the appearance of the players' areas have been transformed.
Gone is the large black mural that covered an entire wall of the gymnasium, while the dressing rooms, which used to be adorned with the names of every former Warrior (and photos of the prominent ones), is now bright and clutter-free.
"We'll have a board up for the players that were part of the club, but the way I look at it, they were great players, but the teams didn't win the title," said Robinson.
"We can congratulate those people in other ways, not have them plastered all over the walls."
There's also a lot more natural light everywhere, a tip picked up on a recent fact-finding trip to some American sporting franchises.
"If you go into a dull locker room and train, you don't train at your best, with all your senses," said Robinson. "Everywhere you go in the USA is like being outside, a brighter environment rather than darker."

There's new gym equipment and other innovations, such as a new water filtration system in the dressing room that Robinson says will enable players to hydrate more effectively.
They are all little touches, that may or may not provide a difference, but are part of a bigger picture.
"I wanted to show people that I do give a s**t about the conditions they train in and their facilities," explained Robinson. "It's part of changing the culture. Whereas before the owners were just yelling and screaming at people and taking all the money and not putting it back.
"If you get the culture right and they want to play for the club, and they know that the owner and the people in the club do care about what they are doing [and] they have the best environment, that is starting on the track of the changing the culture."
Robinson has noticed a difference among the squad.
"No one has seen them so happy, as they have been," said Robinson. "I probably wouldn't have seen a closer group at the Warriors in the last 10 years."
And whatever unfolds this season, Robinson has high hopes for the long term.
"Once we start being consistent [on the field], and we have a really good culture and the word gets out there about the culture and what is going on with the club, everything will change," said Robinson. "You will get a few [Australian players] saying 'we are going over to help those guys'."

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Today's Herald
Michael Burgess

Rugby League: New Warriors owner Mark Robinson on Stephen Kearney, culture, and off-season changes

Warriors owner Mark Robinson says coach Stephen Kearney has "responded really well" to the NRL challenges laid at his feet.
Kearney is under more pressure than at any other time during his tenure at the Auckland-based club.
The run to end the 2017 campaign was tough, with nine consecutive defeats (equalling an unwanted club record), but there was an understanding it was his first season and he was shaping the roster.
Last season was well below par — albeit there were some close losses — but Kearney had some grace after the historic 2018 finals appearance.
But there won't be much leeway this year, as Robinson made clear soon after gaining sole control of the club last September.
"Next year has to be his year," Robinson told the Herald then. "If it's not, it's not, and it's probably time to move on.
"He has been under the pump, he [inherited] a team when he first turned up, and has had three years to change those players around. Like anyone else in a business, he's on notice.
"He needs to make the top eight next year, otherwise we will have to have a sit-down."

Catching up with Robinson for the first time since then, the owner has been impressed with Kearney's work across the pre-season.
"I think he has responded really well," said Robinson. "We had a talk about the roster and everything [recently] and he was pretty up-front about it. He said 'I'm here to coach the team'. Of course he would like a few more players but he is just focusing on his job, which is to get the best out of the players he has.
"He has been working really hard on that and I am really happy with his progress. And when people are offering help, he is looking at it and saying that will help."

Part of that assistance has come in the form of former Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown, who has been hired as a technical adviser.
Brown has a lot of NRL coaching experience (245 games), with mixed success, but Robinson, like chief executive Cameron George last month, affirms he is not waiting in the wings should Kearney stumble.
"We thought he might be sniffing around, but it wasn't that at all," said Robinson.
"He was looking for a bit of work and he thought he could help us around the halves and at hooker. He has done a good job and it has made [assistant coach] Stacey Jones better ... made him look at things completely differently."

The Warriors have been quiet on the recruitment front — mainly because they have only one vacant spot on their list — but Robinson says their time will come, probably around the middle of this year.
"We have got money sitting there for a big prop if [they] turn up," said Robinson. "We are trying to pick which ones are going to go and stay in the next few months, and who is coming off contract.

"We probably don't need anyone for a while in the backs, but the forward pack, we need to strengthen up a bit, we all know that. And we have 12 players coming off contract, so they will need to fight, [as] they won't all be signed."
Wandering through the Warriors headquarters at Mt Smart, it's not hard to see the impact of the new owners.
In September, Robinson made it clear the environment needed to be changed, literally and metaphorically. Although the second is more intangible, he has ticked off the first.
The club's reception and offices have been refurbished, with new furniture and a cleaner, sleeker look, while the appearance of the players' areas have been transformed.
Gone is the large black mural that covered an entire wall of the gymnasium, while the dressing rooms, which used to be adorned with the names of every former Warrior (and photos of the prominent ones), is now bright and clutter-free.
"We'll have a board up for the players that were part of the club, but the way I look at it, they were great players, but the teams didn't win the title," said Robinson.
"We can congratulate those people in other ways, not have them plastered all over the walls."
There's also a lot more natural light everywhere, a tip picked up on a recent fact-finding trip to some American sporting franchises.
"If you go into a dull locker room and train, you don't train at your best, with all your senses," said Robinson. "Everywhere you go in the USA is like being outside, a brighter environment rather than darker."

There's new gym equipment and other innovations, such as a new water filtration system in the dressing room that Robinson says will enable players to hydrate more effectively.
They are all little touches, that may or may not provide a difference, but are part of a bigger picture.
"I wanted to show people that I do give a s**t about the conditions they train in and their facilities," explained Robinson. "It's part of changing the culture. Whereas before the owners were just yelling and screaming at people and taking all the money and not putting it back.
"If you get the culture right and they want to play for the club, and they know that the owner and the people in the club do care about what they are doing [and] they have the best environment, that is starting on the track of the changing the culture."
"No one has seen them so happy, as they have been," said Robinson. "I probably wouldn't have seen a closer group at the Warriors in the last 10 years."
"Once we start being consistent [on the field], and we have a really good culture and the word gets out there about the culture and what is going on with the club, everything will change," said Robinson. "You will get a few [Australian players] saying 'we are going over to help those guys'."

Sounds promising! Confirms that unless we produce a miracle this year SK will be gone by the end of the season.

I like his vision for the club as well. Let's see if it makes any difference over the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Yeah ? That's great news. The shops are all running low on toilet paper at the moment ...

😉

With some of the inaccurate articles the Herald now writes it's turning into a tabloid. You will need sanitize your hands before picking it up and hand sanitiser is rarer than toilet paper at the moment. I was lucky enough to buy toilet paper yesterday. Hand sanitizer no such luck.

Either way, going forward we are in for long lean years. Damage has been done and we continue to shit our pants because of pride/ego and inability to adapt. Reviews after full seasons to report back to fans that people weren't putting in at training can only get you so far. We have more coaching staff than any other club, yet it takes shit like that to realise at end of the season? What the fuck were they doing all season? Nodding their head in agreement whenever Kearney spoke?
The reviews each season are starting to wear thin. I know we have had different management teams over the years but we often have a post season review and often the talk or issues seem the same as the previous year. This season we are concentrating on x and y. Review states x and y issues rinse and repeat. Make the same mistakes get the same results. Feels like we are going in circles.

Reactions: Murraytd

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I know the changes Robinson listed can be deemed small or minor but it's good to see there is money being invested and some thought behind some of them. Also good to read about new gym equipment the players training equipment should be getting upgraded regularly.

Now hopefully he sees results on the field. If not hopefully he makes further changes. We don't want an owner sitting back idly cause the team exists it would be better having one demanding results and answers on why all the money he is investing isn't leading anywhere. Investing in a sports team isn't going to lead to a financial return more ego and returns are measured by the results on field.

Reactions: WellingtonOrca

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Today's Herald
Michael Burgess

Why are they so happy??????

Must be the new gym equipment aye?

🙃🙃🙃🙂🙂🙂🙂🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: Kestrel84

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012

Why are they so happy??????

Must be the new gym equipment aye?

🙃🙃🙃🙂🙂🙂🙂🙃🙃🙃
[/QUOTE]
The bus I think???

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player