General The Top 8

ToiletDuck_old

All good.

I actually think the Knights are building a fair bit of momentum. This weekend is dangerous for us. If they beat us I'd back them to beat the Broncos (as it's being played in Newcastle).

Fazz_old

Knights are in pretty much exactly the same position we were in. Hammered the Titans, Sharks and Raiders. They got stomped 32-10 last time they faced a decent team so honestly I don't think they're as good as people would have you believe. Hopefully the one point loss hasn't dented out boys confidence, because that'll be the difference. If the Knights come in with belief and we don't we'll get stomped, but if both teams come in and play to their best (and we don't have Brown at centre) we should win a tight one.

sebastian_old

Knights are in pretty much exactly the same position we were in. Hammered the Titans, Sharks and Raiders. They got stomped 32-10 last time they faced a decent team so honestly I don't think they're as good as people would have you believe. Hopefully the one point loss hasn't dented out boys confidence, because that'll be the difference. If the Knights come in with belief and we don't we'll get stomped, but if both teams come in and play to their best (and we don't have Brown at centre) we should win a tight one.

Well said. All true.

If we don't bring our best. We will lose. If both teams bring their best. We should be too good.

ToiletDuck_old

I don't think too many people are backing the Knights?

Not on here and not over on LU. The general consensus is they'll be the team that comes in at 8th. It'll be interesting. Our struggles out wide could really be telling against them, with Uate in the form he's in..

sebastian_old

I don't think too many people are backing the Knights?

Not on here and not over on LU. The general consensus is they'll be the team that comes in at 8th. It'll be interesting. Our struggles out wide could really be telling against them, with Uate in the form he's in..

You seem honestly suprised? The Broncos performance gave you no reason to be confident. We were a whisker off beating a in form Broncos against all odds. Maloney won the MOM award on 702 by the way, over the field goal kicking Wallace. That is rare, very rare. On the radio people wanted to see how we performed, it was our test. Combined with people actually rating Maloney, Locke and Johnson. How are we supposed to be underdogs? Whether or not we turn it on on Sat, is another thing. Though you can't blame people for rating us, can you?

fitzy_old

In the end we have to play somebody somewhere

That's it for me. Whoever, where ever. The boys just have to turn up for every game. IF they make it to the GF, it just has to be insilled in them that at the end of the day, it's just another game

ToiletDuck_old

You seem honestly suprised? The Broncos performance gave you no reason to be confident. We were a whisker off beating a in form Broncos against all odds. Maloney won the MOM award on 702 by the way, over the field goal kicking Wallace. That is rare, very rare. On the radio people wanted to see how we performed, it was our test. Combined with people actually rating Maloney, Locke and Johnson. How are we supposed to be underdogs? Whether or not we turn it on on Sat, is another thing. Though you can't blame people for rating us, can you?

I don't think they're as good as people would have you believe.

My post was in response to Fazz...

And I didn't say anything about us being underdogs...

ToiletDuck_old

And as for MoM awards. I was at Suncorp last year when the Warriors won 48-16 and Matt Gillett won the MoM...

Anyway, my main point leading up to this match was that our current crop would lack the experience to win in these tight games. While I'm not denying they did very well, better than expected...the fact that we lost in a game that tight didn't surprise me a great deal. Very encouraging effort, and the experience is invaluable. But it's the kind of thing you can't practice, and our current guys in the vital positions (1, 6, 7, 9) have stuff all tight semi-final game xp. Will be interesting to see how they bounce back this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

sebastian_old

And as for MoM awards. I was at Suncorp last year when the Warriors won 48-16 and Matt Gillett won the MoM...

He was from our team though, we hardly win those awards on the losing sides. Big effort from Maloney to have officially outplayed Lockyer in a big clash through the eyes of some very good judges. Maloney is actually rated quite highly. They explained how hes rising the ladder of good halves. Proud to hear that about one of our own. I hope so much, we'll continue to back up that sort of form. We are a pleasure to watch. Been a long time since i could honestly say that. Across the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lego_Man_old

I'm not sure about that Gillett thing, i still refuse to believe its anything but an urban myth. TD could have been hallucinating, or Gillett's name could have been mentioned in some other capacity.

ToiletDuck_old

I'm not sure about that Gillett thing, i still refuse to believe its anything but an urban myth. TD could have been hallucinating, or Gillett's name could have been mentioned in some other capacity.

I remember his interview on the big screen.

Mikey B was there too btw. Unless we had some sort of dual hallucination.

wazzam_old

He was from our team though, we hardly win those awards on the losing sides. Big effort from Maloney to have officially outplayed Lockyer in a big clash through the eyes of some very good judges. Maloney is actually rated quite highly. They explained how hes rising the ladder of good halves. Proud to hear that about one of our own. I hope so much, we'll continue to back up that sort of form. We are a pleasure to watch. Been a long time since i could honestly say that. Across the team.

I've spoken with a broad mix of people in Sydney since the Broncos game. Some Aussies, some Kiwi's, but all supporters of other teams and they're all saying the same thing:
1: We had them, we should have won and we were the better team!
2: The Warriors have become about the most exciting team to watch!
3: They wish they're clubs could get hold of Locke, Maloney and Johnson!
However our season ends up, i've never been prouder to be a Warriors tragic;)