General The Storm game and My Saturday

Ronnie_7_old

Just would like to know who on here went to the game?

For those of you that were watching your T.V's back home did any of the Warriors chants that went up come across the T.V?

Was a great game and can't wait for the next time that we play here.

MY SATURDAY - Not a gripe or moan about what went on just the events that built the game up more so from a personal point of view

Leave home and drive into the city (1/2 hour to 45 min trip) and park at Crown.
4.00pm Realise the sister-in-law left the tickets on the kitchen table.
Proceed to go into panic mode
Go to Ticketek in Crown to find they're closed
At Galactic Circus trying to figure out what to do.
Go behind the counter and their computer couldn't open the PDF. so couldn't print tickets.
4.15pm Go on a mission around Crown complex.
Find that Ticketek is now open, wait to talk to someone only to find they only deal with sales for show up stairs and am advised 'You'll have to go to Olympic Park and get them to sort it out'
4.40pm Proceed to try and find an internet cafe in crown and get told the nearest one would be on Elizabeth St about 15min walk away
5.00pm Get to the internet cafe and print off the tickets.
Phone my brother and tell him to meet me at Olympic Park and find out a woman gave him tickets because it was raining so 3 others that we had with us no longer had to buy tickets (Thank You btw if you are that woman)

Get on #48 tram and a Maori family put a huge smile on my face wearing their jerseys and flags and yelling when the doors opened 'Go the Warriors' and getting people who got on the tram to say it. The mum asking the 3yr old kid 'Who's your dad?' and the cute little fellah saying 'Stacey' lol GOLD

5.10pm Get to Olympic Park and waiting for everyone else to turn up.
Waiting...waiting...waiting
5.25pm starting to get a little aggitated I don't want to miss kick off

Somewhere around 5.30 we all finally go in and make our spot just as they run on the field and the rian starts

Awesome game.
The rain, the wind and the freezing cold temperatures I'm pretty sure everyone that was there would do it all over again.
Great pocket of Warriors supporters near the Eastern Gate right near the light tower, many like me whom would have lost their voices. Starting a chant with my brothers and their mate. ALL GOLD!!

Waiting for the tram ride back seeing some Warriors jersey's around, Kiwis jerseys and of course Storm. Some classic cheeky Kiwis on the tram which resembled a packed can of sardines.

Get back to Galactic Circus paying Laser Tag with the nephews and low and behold someone is wearing the Warriors AWAY jersey.

Would not have changed any part of the day besides maybe shifting that goal post a few inches :D

BringBackRovelli_old

Are u looking forward to the new stadium they`re building over there?

Spence_old

For those of you that were watching your T.V's back home did any of the Warriors chants that went up come across the T.V?

MY SATURDAY - Not a gripe or moan about what went on just the events that built the game up more so from a personal point of view

Go behind the counter and their computer couldn't open the PDF. so couldn't print tickets.
Find that Ticketek is now open, wait to talk to someone only to find they only deal with sales for show up stairs and am advised 'You'll have to go to Olympic Park and get them to sort it out'
4.40pm Proceed to try and find an internet cafe in crown and get told the nearest one would be on Elizabeth St about 15min walk away
Phone my brother and tell him to meet me at Olympic Park and find out a woman gave him tickets because it was raining so 3 others that we had with us no longer had to buy tickets (Thank You btw if you are that woman)

Get on #48 tram and a Maori family put a huge smile on my face wearing their jerseys and flags and yelling when the doors opened 'Go the Warriors' and getting people who got on the tram to say it. The mum asking the 3yr old kid 'Who's your dad?' and the cute little fellah saying 'Stacey' lol GOLD

Somewhere around 5.30 we all finally go in and make our spot just as they run on the field and the rian starts

Awesome game.
The rain, the wind and the freezing cold temperatures I'm pretty sure everyone that was there would do it all over again.
Great pocket of Warriors supporters near the Eastern Gate right near the light tower, many like me whom would have lost their voices. Starting a chant with my brothers and their mate. ALL GOLD!!

Waiting for the tram ride back seeing some Warriors jersey's around, Kiwis jerseys and of course Storm. Some classic cheeky Kiwis on the tram which resembled a packed can of sardines.

Get back to Galactic Circus paying Laser Tag with the nephews and low and behold someone is wearing the Warriors AWAY jersey.

Would not have changed any part of the day besides maybe shifting that goal post a few inches :D

Amen to that.

Ronnie_7_old

Yeah that stadium is coming along great guns. Telstra Dome (Etihad Stadium) and MCG are great sporting stadiums but they don't suit League or Rugby because it feels like you are 1000 miles away from the field because of the 'Oval' shape

Iafeta_old

Yeah Ronnie, was there... and you are right, the Warriors crowd was pwning the Melbourne crowd. Never heard such a loud and proud Warriors crowd (finals aside) in Australia. Melbourne were owned royally. Peter Jessup is a blind baffoon for mentioning in a paper article that the referee's were pressured by the Melbourne crowd, you couldn't even hear them. Even our national anthem was sung louder and prouder.

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE game to be at. Great road trip, 850Ks for a Warriors draw at Melbourne... it's not worth it... YEAH RIGHT!

Jesbass_old

Awesome game.

Haha, classic - I thinke there's a sitcom in there somewhere! :D

danepak_old

I had a fantastic day too.
Started off with a few beers in The Swan Hotel, while Essendon v Collingwood was on + Roosters v St. George on another screen.
Game itself was fantastic. And met a couple of fans at half time who posts in here.
Still felt gutted when I left the ground. So close to beat Melbourne. So close!
My mate (who's Warriors fan too) met a group of guys (who all wore Warriors tops) who told him that they normally follow Storm, but once a year they don't wear the Storm tops. And that's when Warriors play here.
Sorry...call me old fashioned...but I just can't take that serious.
You can't support two teams in the same league!
It's fair enough to have a soft spot for another team, but to follow them seriously week in, week out...?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kav_old

The TV commentators did make special mention of the support that the Warriors were getting.

Kav

Iafeta_old

The fans down there were amazing, Kav. But go figure, Peter Jessup still wrote that the pro-Melbourne crowd got the referees rolling their way. You couldn't hear the Storm anywhere near over the top of the Warriors fans. Suffice to say, I was really really proud of the Melbourne Warriors fans, those guys are hardcore and reek of awesomeness.