General The SBW And Quade Cooper Circus

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
SBW latest rumour according to one of the British sites...

He’s signed with Toronto Wolfpack 2020.

Rumour only

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Pozza

Pozza

Without doubt, but he wouldn't still be playing first grade is he has stayed in league, he would have been stuffed long ago.
It’s quite interesting that the two highest profile league forwards that went to Union SBW and Burgess were played as centres. Is that because they can tackle ?. I look at SBW now and think how can he still be playing in the backs. Pace has dropped right off

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
It’s quite interesting that the two highest profile league forwards that went to Union SBW and Burgess were played as centres. Is that because they can tackle ?. I look at SBW now and think how can he still be playing in the backs. Pace has dropped right off

Union and league forwards have quite a different skill set and purpose. Union forwards there’s a bit more technical work with scrums and line outs as well breakdown work. With the midfield in Union a lot of it is crash ball aka hit up work with offloading and setting up your outside backs which I’d say would be a much easier transition for a league forward.

Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

One of my best mates is a big guy. Growing up he'd play prop in both sports, league he'd stand out more as his strength was running over the top of people. That's more due the differences in the skill sets required for the position in both sports.

One of our friends had a brother over in England playing union. He was a good player played NPC first division back in the day. He asked my mate about going over to England. My mate hadn't played union since he was a about 10-12 years old. He said he'd go over if he could play 2nd five and run it like a prop in league.

It all worked out as I presume the other guy over there moved from 2nd five to half back or first five and my mate met his wife over there.

It always made me laugh what the English guys must have been thinking when their new 2nd five turned up and he was the size of their forwards.

SBW and Burgess at 12 I can understand. It was the Kieran Cunningham rumours of playing union at 6 I found strange. I would of thought a league dummy half would move to half back in union, flanker would be a big ask unless you played there growing up.

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Wouldn't mind seeing him on the Warriors bench for a season.
I would too but I’d say his asking price would rule him out, he barely seems to go a week without being injured now which would be a concern signing him also

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I would too but I’d say his asking price would rule him out, he barely seems to go a week without being injured now which would be a concern signing him also
Ever since that fiasco when he caused Tohu Harris to lose his Kiwi jersey I have not been a fan of SBW. I wouldn't have him in my team ever. My guess is SK thinks much the same.