General The SBW And Quade Cooper Circus

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
POS has earned the right to be taken seriously except for one thing. Apparently he claims to have spotted SBW, I was sure, very sure in fact, that it was our own John Ackland who spotted SBW but couldn't convince that idiot John Monie to take a look so they headed off to the Bulldogs.
There wasn't a recruiter/talent scout who hadn't seen or heard of SBW even as a youngster. Ackland was just doing his job as ARL development officer when he tried to place SBW. I always heard the word was that SBW was given a trial with the club but failed the attitude test...

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
There wasn't a recruiter/talent scout who hadn't seen or heard of SBW even as a youngster. Ackland was just doing his job as ARL development officer when he tried to place SBW. I always heard the word was that SBW was given a trial with the club but failed the attitude test...
The story I heard was from Ackland talking about Mrs SBW senior, and I am pretty sure Ackland was with the Warriors at that stage. As for the attitude test Monie was a muppet. He even dropped Nigel Vagana.:rolleyes:...back to the point there was no mention of POS back then, so I rest my case, his middle name is not heyzeuss...yet;).

Miket12

Miket12

The story I heard was from Ackland talking about Mrs SBW senior, and I am pretty sure Ackland was with the Warriors at that stage. As for the attitude test Monie was a muppet. He even dropped Nigel Vagana.:rolleyes:...back to the point there was no mention of POS back then, so I rest my case, his middle name is not heyzeuss...yet;).
Mmmm... John Momie left the Warriors in 1997: SBW was signed by the Bulldogs as a junior in 2002.

As for Nigel V, he left the Warriors to play for Warrington in 1997 because of Super League, he came back to the Warriors in 1998 after Monie had left.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mmmm... John Momie left the Warriors in 1997: SBW was signed by the Bulldogs as a junior in 2002.

As for Nigel V, he left the Warriors to play for Warrington in 1997 because of Super League, he came back to the Warriors in 1998 after Monie had left.

Was thinking it was a bit eary to be getting excited about SBW at 12 years old...

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

You kids and your fake news, don't worry Bruce you're still the king of remembering alternative facts

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

None like this kid Bruce, he's about to go off like Krakatoa I'm telling you, he's like a hybrid of Lauiti'iti and Maumalo except he's probably faster than Ken. Let's not talk him up too much though.
Haha just waiting for Joey Johns or Laurie Daley to call him the next BIG thing in the NRL then we know he’s rooted.
Give me a Gnome on peptides who can knock out John Hopoate clone any day.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor

Are you telling me I owe Monie an apology for calling him a muppet?:p...ok he was before SBW but he definitely dropped Nigel Vagana, no doubt about that. A muppet he remains.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

Are you telling me I owe Monie an apology for calling him a muppet?:p...ok he was before SBW but he definitely dropped Nigel Vagana, no doubt about that. A muppet he remains.
He dropped a 19 year old after one game .... a game where Nigel played less than 15 minutes of the bench and made no impact. He was never going to replace Kiwi centres Richie Blackmore or Tea Ropati. Nor was he going to replace Hoppe or Kirwan on the wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor

Next thing you will be telling us Craig Innes didn't play any league tests for the kiwis......

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Miket12

Miket12

Next thing you will be telling us Craig Innes didn't play any league tests for the kiwis......
Innes was so good, he choose not to play for the Kiwis and went straight to a Rest of the World team.

Reactions: 3 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Classic thread to read back on! Roosters a useless team, they were at that stage, but hindsight!!

The brown paper bag that started them all

warriors4eva

i was a big SBW fan in league as i dont watch much Yawnion, but even i can see after last season he is slipping down the ranks for the AB's

average season last year, injured alot, i think if this wasnt a world cup year he would handing over that black jersey

regardless i think the world cup will be his swansong in black

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
i was a big SBW fan in league as i dont watch much Yawnion, but even i can see after last season he is slipping down the ranks for the AB's

average season last year, injured alot, i think if this wasnt a world cup year he would handing over that black jersey

regardless i think the world cup will be his swansong in black

Far better League player than a Union player imo, in the same mold as Folau when it comes to over praise in Union.

Reactions: 1 users