Miket12

For those who thought SBW was big:

SBW and Adams

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Hes the leader of this circus so this thread will do...

mundine-1.jpg

MUNDINE CONFIRMS NRL COMEBACK TALKS
Written by STAFF WRITERS , April 18, 2016

FORMER Dragons five-eighth Anthony Mundine has confirmed to the media that he could be on the verge of an NRL comeback.

Mundine, 40, hasn’t played in the NRL since 2000 but when quizzed on whether he could still cut it out at the NSWRL Knockout Health Challenge last week – ‘The Man’ swiftly responding in a way that only he could.

“I may do it. Not next year, but the year after,” Mundine said.

“I just got to get my speed up . . . and my feet working [and] dazzling and going again.

“I believe I can score some tries and set-up some tries.”

When pressed on what team he would like to return for if everything went to plan, Mundine certainly didn’t mince words.

“It’s gotta be the Dragons.”

We don’t know if he is having us on but as we’ve seen in the past you can never rule anything out when it comes to Choc.

https://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mund...25508580823717&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Jordan G

So a 40 year old Mundine is going to take a couple of years to get up to speed before taking on the NRL in 2018 as a 42 year old......

Please do it Dragons, please.

• Haha
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Mundine, 40, hasn’t played in the NRL since 2000 but when quizzed on whether he could still cut it out at the NSWRL Knockout Health Challenge last week – ‘The Man’ swiftly responding in a way that only he could.
The media uses him for stupid headlines and they know that he wont shy away from making outrageous comments. Why even bother asking him if he can cut it, when they know hes a cocky and arrogant athlete who simply does not know how to accept defeat. Journalism 101 these days is to light up a spark and let the subject throw themselves under the bus. In some ways i dont think Mundine is a bad person (i know people that know him really well and only spoken highly of him), but he is a highly competitive person and doesnt know when to acknowledge that someone is just better, or he is not good enough. Guess it comes with the territory being in competitive sport, and being a boxer, but obviously Mundine takes it to another level of cockiness.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I always hate a person that brings race into everything and Mundine has turned that into an artform. Thats his main problem really. He goes full retard in seconds...

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I always hate a person that brings race into everything and Mundine has turned that into an artform.
You cannot say that unless you are an Australian Aborigine. Tahjay is correct though, Most good boxers never know when they are past it, he never could tackle so he wouldn't be any better now.

surfin

surfin

You cannot say that unless you are an Australian Aborigine. Tahjay is correct though, Most good boxers never know when they are past it, he never could tackle so he wouldn't be any better now.

Honestly what are you on about?

Mundine is a walking talking joke headline. Maybe him and Benji can get a team built around them.

mode81

mode81

I could see Mundine making an appearance at the Nines like Fittler/Menzies/Nagas/Croker but can't really see him playing a NRL season proper.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Mundine is a cock womble of the highest order....I hope he makes a comeback just purely to ruin whatever club he joins and to see him get his ass handed to him!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Pete

Pete

Mundine is the greatest. The guy was and is the best pound for pound boxer in the world and the greatest NRL player that has lived. Well in his mind at least. I think its all an act which makes him money or he has taken too many hits to the head.

• Haha
Pete

Pete

Kill yourself!!!
That was supposed to be sarcasm. Not even his parents after a few too many wines would try claim that one. I missed the quote marks to say that was what Mundine thought. He is just someone who got very inspired by Muhammed Ali and fails horribly when he tries to replicate him in his boxing and swagger.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Could we sign val there is no doubt in my mind she wouldn't be an
awesome prop I'm not joking

Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

So what about his comments about 911 and the fact he's Muslim and the fact he's turned his back on his Australian aborigine brothers? He's a grub. He's always bringing race into everything he does! I live in Sydney and know many aborigines and while many respect him he's got plenty who don't!

bruce

bruce

Contributor
So what about his comments about 911 and the fact he's Muslim and the fact he's turned his back on his Australian aborigine brothers? He's a grub. He's always bringing race into everything he does! I live in Sydney and know many aborigines and while many respect him he's got plenty who don't!
Sure the guy acts like a dick but my point was nobody can understand the treatment Aborigines got unless they are Aborigines. They were treated as less than human.

Reactions: 2 users
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

That was supposed to be sarcasm. Not even his parents after a few too many wines would try claim that one. I missed the quote marks to say that was what Mundine thought. He is just someone who got very inspired by Muhammed Ali and fails horribly when he tries to replicate him in his boxing and swagger.

Actually his dad would definitely say that. Back in 2011 he made the claim that in the next 12 months SBW would become the next Muhammad Ali :hilarious::hilarious:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/sbw-the-next-ali-says-mundine-snr-20110130-1a9ie.html

You can see where Mundine Jnr gets his delusion from.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I haven't been able to find out much more about him except that POS rates him very highly
POS has earned the right to be taken seriously except for one thing. Apparently he claims to have spotted SBW, I was sure, very sure in fact, that it was our own John Ackland who spotted SBW but couldn't convince that idiot John Monie to take a look so they headed off to the Bulldogs.