General The Rumour Mill

Jesbass_old

Because people are just desperate for an answer to what they believe is a kiw's job. That's why :p

Nope. Like I said, rather hot and cold than constant luke warm. At least Leuluai will win us the occasional game. Not the ideal choice - Matt Head is now top of my list - but better than what we've got.

It's all short term fixes, though. Nothing long term. Get Rob Burrow out here for two years, and make Isaac John his apprentice.

Iafeta_old

The occasional game? 1 in 454 games good enough for you?

Wow, your standards are low. Lower than usual.

Fazz_old

I'd rather bitch about a useless kiwi then a useless aussie seeing as it's the NEW ZEALAND Warriors (more like auckland warriors but you get the point)
I though Thomas had improved quite a lot anyway. He was great in the All Golds match and not too bad in most of the other club/rep games I've seen him in

Skinny_Ravs82

Nope. Like I said, rather hot and cold than constant luke warm. At least Leuluai will win us the occasional game. Not the ideal choice - Matt Head is now top of my list - but better than what we've got.

It's all short term fixes, though. Nothing long term. Get Rob Burrow out here for two years, and make Isaac John his apprentice.
Oh my god, seriously take a chill pill will you. Why you always so daarn serious all the time?! Shessh! Have some fun once in a while Jess.

Skinny_Ravs82

I'd rather bitch about a useless kiwi then a useless aussie seeing as it's the NEW ZEALAND Warriors (more like auckland warriors but you get the point)
I though Thomas had improved quite a lot anyway. He was great in the All Golds match and not too bad in most of the other club/rep games I've seen him in

LOL. Well if both are hopeless what you complaining for? Ah right because you have a problem with their nationalities!

Iafeta_old

I think the messy break up has really affected him Skinz. I think he's quite cut up about it.

Fazz, we're not the New Zealand Warriors. We're simply the Warriors. Or as the club would like to say for commercial purposes, the Vodafone Warriors. THe license is issued to New Zealand Warriors Pty Ltd but in essence it's not the New Zealand Warriors.

Jesbass_old

Oh my god, seriously take a chill pill will you. Why you always so daarn serious all the time?! Shessh! Have some fun once in a while Jess.

Lol.

That word (above) is probably the word I type the most on these forums. It must be because I'm so serious and I never have fun, eh. ;)

garyhobson_old

With the roster we have for 2009. My halves combo would have to be Kevin Locke five eight, Isaac John halfback.

Jesbass_old

With the roster we have for 2009. My halves combo would have to be Kevin Locke five eight, Isaac John halfback.

Would you start them that way in 2009?

Are they both ready to go into the first grade without an experienced half to guide them through?

Are the Warriors capable of winning with a halves pairing with a combined NRL experience of 0 matches?

Or would you bring one in to share with a regular first grader, then bring in the other?

Fazz_old

I think the messy break up has really affected him Skinz. I think he's quite cut up about it.

Fazz, we're not the New Zealand Warriors. We're simply the Warriors. Or as the club would like to say for commercial purposes, the Vodafone Warriors. THe license is issued to New Zealand Warriors Pty Ltd but in essence it's not the New Zealand Warriors.

Too true...It would be nice if a New Zealand based team had some New Zealanders in it though. lol

And Skinny I didn't say I thought Thomas was useless, i think he's fairly decent based off of what I've seen from him lately. My point was that I'd rather it was a Kiwi, even if they were only marginally better.
And yes it does annoy me somewhat that there are so many Aussie's in the warriors even if I do like most of them and enjoy the way they play (Price, Mckinnon, Fien, Luck, etc)

Jesbass_old

Witt, Rovelli, Fien, and Hohaia will all still be here in 2009, unless they get released early.

cablenathan_old

Are they both ready to go into the first grade without an experienced half to guide them through?

Or would you bring one in to share with a regular first grader, then bring in the other?

With the way this season is going I can't honestly see the top squad making the eight, so I'd be looking to give them a run in a few of the later games this year personally. Give them a taste of it now, and start bringing them through next year ala Rapira, Packer, etc.

attila_the_gorilla

Michael Witt is a good five-eighth I think, I don`t think he should be released early. Isaac John is halfback, so there`s no clash there. Kevin Locke will be hard to find a spot for as long as McKinnon`s here.

MiXmasterreece_old

We chased Casey MacGuire hard. But he resigned with Catalans.

The next announcement will be made next week. It will be the signing of Joel Moon. Interestingly Moon will be playing half tonight for Brisbane.

It would seem that the Warriors have tried very hard this season to recruit, but there have been a lot of knock backs on our advances.

blain91_old

if we do get moon, that would be 2 players that the raiders chased very hard, but we won :D

moon had alot of talk about him early on, but not atm... so hes got potential.

might have preferred lewis though.