General The Rumour Mill

Northern_Union

He'd certainly add some ball playing skills to our backline but i worry about Chase as a ball distributor.

edguy_old

Frank Pritchard at warriors 2010?

from todays sunday news ....
the rumour thats been going around for a while

https://stuff.co.nz/4584697a10713.html

Frank Pritchard one of the best second-rowers in the NRL has let the cat out of the bag and revealed he could see himself playing for the Warriors in 2010.

The star Panther made headlines earlier in the year after admitting he wanted to be released by Penrith at the end of the season.

His contract expires at the end of 2009 and Panthers bosses have made it clear he will not be allowed to go early.

But last night the 24-year-old said he would consider moving to Auckland in 2010 if a good offer came from the Warriors.

"I'd definitely consider an offer from the Warriors if one came my way," Pritchard told Sunday News.

"To go back home to New Zealand to live for a while is something I would love to do.

"I'd have to think carefully about it before making a decision but the Warriors are a good team, a strong club and I have a lot of family back in New Zealand.

"Anything could happen."

Speaking about the rumours which surfaced in early April, Pritchard admitted he had been unhappy at Penrith and had sought a release from the club.

"I have to admit, a couple of months ago I was upset with how things were going at the Panthers and I didn't really want to be here," he said.

"I think I've found my feet again.

"Things have been a bit tough off the field and that took a toll on me.

"At this stage, I am going to stick with the Panthers until at least the end of next year and see what happens after that."

If the Warriors don't come calling, the star Kiwis hard man says he will probably look to ply his trade in the English Super League.

"For me, it would be good to finish my career here at the Panthers but at the same time, I guess I can see myself playing the back-end of my career in England," Pritchard said.

Warriors boss Wayne Scurrah refuses to comment on individual recruitment discussions but in April told Sunday News Pritchard was the sort of player a spate of clubs his own included would be keen to have.

"Frank is an international player and one that would be attractive to a lot of clubs," Scurrah said at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iafeta_old

He obviously would add some strike power out wide. He's still fairly young as well.

Kid-Dynamite_old

What about Matulino and Fai!

Have them on the bench for impact!

Something like:

11 Mannering
12 Pritchard
13 Luck

15 Fai
16 Matulino

Anyway 2010 is a wee way away, anything could happen between now and then.

ATM it's just speculation.

Jesbass_old

I've merged this inot the rumours thread.

Pritchard's consistency worries me, especially coming into a team that seems to thrive on inconsistency, but when he's on, he's on - no doubt about that.

kingdamo_old

Have them on the bench for impact!

Something like:

11 Mannering
12 Pritchard
13 Luck

15 Fai
16 Matulino

Anyway 2010 is a wee way away, anything could happen between now and then.

ATM it's just speculation.

You wouldn't have 2 second rowers on the bench would you? I don't have any idea by the way.

I just had the view you usually have 2 props on the bench?

Kid-Dynamite_old

You wouldn't have 2 second rowers on the bench would you? I don't have any idea by the way.

I just had the view you usually have 2 props on the bench?

Yea, most teams do, but i've seen teams play with 2 2nd rowers on the bench.

The Warriors have done it before with Logan Swann and Lauaki on the bench!
I dunno either reall though. :)

Jesbass_old

The traditional bench lineup used to be 2 props and 2 back rowers. Then coaches started dropping a back rower for a utility back. That back has often been changed to a bench hooker.

It depends on the makeup of the team. Especially with ten interchanges, a lot of teams will want 2 props, but if I could get my team fit enough, I'd go with:
Prop
Back rower
Back rower
Utility back (someone of the Fien mould who can adequately cover 6, 7 and 9)

Iafeta_old

Damn you Jes, I was hoping to click on this thread and see you posting we'd made an approach for Matty Head... :-(

Viking_old

I've merged this inot the rumours thread.

Pritchard's consistency worries me, especially coming into a team that seems to thrive on inconsistency, but when he's on, he's on - no doubt about that.

The money spent on Luaki plus 150K would be enough to get "the tank". He'd be hard to control on and off the field, Penrith would have him on a tight leash so there'd have to be some strong behaviour clauses in his contract but it would pay dividends IMO. Should be coming off the bench too, get him chomping at the bit then aim him at the opposition.

I think his form is consistant with how the club goes. In other words he'll never be the sort of player that can or will try to single handedly drag a losing team out of the mud or inspire the players around him to play better ala Price or even SBW. That could be because he's already got a premiership ring and doesn't have the hunger but he's a WMD and if we managed him properly it would work well.

In two years we could potentially have Matulino and Mannering starting with Pritchard and Fai coming on to tear up teams. Poching, Packer, Ah Mau, Rapira, Tuimavave (actually I think Evarn will move on in the next few years) and another Aussie hardman prop fighting for 3 propping spots, Ah Mau still being young enough to head up the U20s. Luck in his last year with Scott Jones, O'Reagan or Taylor the heir apparants. Manu and Ropati on the left side and Tate and Kemp on the right, Wade at the back still screaming at the troops and Locke in his third year of fullback\wing apprenticeship maybe holding down the bench utility spot. Henderson at hooker. A couple of imports still in the halves with U20s players pushing for 6,7 and 9 spots.

Rovelli cutting up the oranges on the sideline.

scottyb_old

The money spent on Luaki plus 150K would be enough to get "the tank". He'd be hard to control on and off the field, Penrith would have him on a tight leash so there'd have to be some strong behaviour clauses in his contract but it would pay dividends IMO. Should be coming off the bench too, get him chomping at the bit then aim him at the opposition.

I think his form is consistant with how the club goes. In other words he'll never be the sort of player that can or will try to single handedly drag a losing team out of the mud or inspire the players around him to play better ala Price or even SBW. That could be because he's already got a premiership ring and doesn't have the hunger but he's a WMD and if we managed him properly it would work well.

In two years we could potentially have Matulino and Mannering starting with Pritchard and Fai coming on to tear up teams. Poching, Packer, Ah Mau, Rapira, Tuimavave (actually I think Evarn will move on in the next few years) and another Aussie hardman prop fighting for 3 propping spots, Ah Mau still being young enough to head up the U20s. Luck in his last year with Scott Jones, O'Reagan or Taylor the heir apparants. Manu and Ropati on the left side and Tate and Kemp on the right, Wade at the back still screaming at the troops and Locke in his third year of fullback\wing apprenticeship maybe holding down the bench utility spot. Henderson at hooker. A couple of imports still in the halves with U20s players pushing for 6,7 and 9 spots.

what exactly does WND mean?

Jesbass_old

That's a very enticing prospect, my Norse friend. I love the fact that Ah Mau is still only 18. Having players of his age and ability, (Packer is another), bodes well for the future. There's no doubt that we have a strong NYC team. I don't know how many of them we'll be able to hold onto, but the club is obviously working hard to secure as many for the future as possible, with Fai, Packer, and Matulino recently putting their names on the dotted line.

It hurts that we may have to wait a couple of years before we reap these rewards, (why oh why did previous management ditch our juniors when we won the juniors in 1995?), but it's all about shrot term pain for the long term gain. It'll be worth it in the long run. There's every potential that, with the right acqusitions, we could start to build a dynasty. I really do feel like that could be happening here...

Skinny_Ravs82

That sounds like a rosy outlook.