General The Mad Butcher - Sir Peter Leitch QSM

Old Sid

Ahhhhh. Workington Town, and Derwent Park. The club I grew up with and the town where I learned to love League. Happy memories...Featherstone Rovers, Bradford Northern, Rochdale Hornets, Batley Town, Hull KR... Meat n Potato Pies and a cup of Oxo, 1/3d to get in.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Ahhhhh. Workington Town, and Derwent Park. The club I grew up with and the town where I learned to love League. Happy memories...Featherstone Rovers, Bradford Northern, Rochdale Hornets, Batley Town, Hull KR... Meat n Potato Pies and a cup of Oxo, 1/3d to get in.
Likewise Sid, although my earliest memories (1960’s) are of watching Seaton Rangers amateur club play as their ground was just beyond my grandparents garden hedge

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Old Sid

Likewise Sid, although my earliest memories (1960’s) are of watching Seaton Rangers amateur club play as their ground was just beyond my grandparents garden hedge
Gus Risman spent his final days in the same Old Folks home as my Grandmother on Stainburn Road. My Mum and Dad's hero. As a 4 year old I remember them heading off to Wembley on the train in '58. I still have the photos from Trafalgar Sq proudly wearing their 'Town' rosettes. Terrific memories brought on by our wonderful game.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I signed up for those newsletters the Mad Butcher used to produce as I’ll support anyone who tries to promote Rugby League. What came over all the time is the blokes a real enthusiast who’ll talk to anyone

Reactions: 3 users