General The Mad Butcher - Sir Peter Leitch QSM

Murphdogg1_old

hahahha ah ok my bad - Mad Butcher aint too strong on maths then!

either way they will have 4 million ppl behind them - GO KIWIS!!!!

warriors4life_old

A provincial rugby semi-final being played over top of an internation rugby league match? Disgraceful.

At least the game is on Maori TV at 9pm for those of us who don't have Sky.

Skinny_Ravs82

You have to remember, league is not a big thing in NZ. Never has been and probably never will. Alot of people have grown up with union and not league so it's understandable. Granted, being a fan of both (and now sadly having to see both codes get unoticed alot in an AFL city) I can see it's unfair advantage but that's not to say that anyone involved in league like the Mad Butcher or anyone else for the matters shouldn't do something about it. We just can't expect him to do it all the time.

*Kimmy*_old

Hey atleast we got the game live..its more then what Australia get.

But yeah Rugby League in NZ would be stuffed so bad without The Mad Butcher..he was on radiosport everyday this week..there were ads on like every 5 minutes..Radiosport is the only major advertising that has been done..apart from poster things in the Sunday News.

Esoj_old

Sinbad said:
Agree totally, and to top it off it is on sky sport 2 !
With a bloody semifinal rugby match on Sky sport 1 !!

That means if you have uhf sky , bad luck, you get to watch rahrah !

How the hell does a semi final of a boring game overtake a International with so much passion and fire in it ?

NZRL need to be sacked and replaced with the Mad Butcher as the CEO /chairman !

everyone got to watch it on free to air on maori tv from 9pm

sky have 3 sport channels what they put on each is really their business. it may suck for some that don't like union at all but that is the way it goes sometimes.

The nzrl may or may not have been able to do more. didn't they only just get enough money to cover for benji's insurance in the anzac test?
despite what people think they aren't raking in the millions and rely heavily on sponsorship etc and the players get next to nothing for wearing the black and white jersey compared to their counter-parts.
the NZRL simply cannot do everything on the budget they get and so need people like the mad butcher and other people to help promote the game.

warriors4life_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
You have to remember, league is not a big thing in NZ. Never has been and probably never will. Alot of people have grown up with union and not league so it's understandable. Granted, being a fan of both (and now sadly having to see both codes get unoticed alot in an AFL city) I can see it's unfair advantage but that's not to say that anyone involved in league like the Mad Butcher or anyone else for the matters shouldn't do something about it. We just can't expect him to do it all the time.

I think it's a bit over the top to say league is not big in New Zealand. When the Warriors had their glory years from 2001-2003 they were very big and I see more Warriors jerseys in the street than All Blacks ones. The truth is that an international match should not be shunned because of a provincial match.

Esoj_old

it wasn't shunned at all. it was shown live on sky sport 2 and delayed coverage on maori tv from 9pm.

warriors4life_old

Esoj said:
it wasn't shunned at all. it was shown live on sky sport 2 and delayed coverage on maori tv from 9pm.

They had to choose between playing the Air New Zealand Cup semi-final or the Tri-Nations match to play on Sky Sport 1 and they chose the former so therefore the Tri-Nations match was shunned. People that are subscribed to just UHF would not have been able to see the match live and by playing the Air New Zealand Cup match they are pretty much valuing provincial rugby over international rugby league.

*Kimmy*_old

With Union bigger then League in NZ, there was always going to be a semifinal on sky sport 1..and the league on sky sport 2.

Esoj_old

not really but whatever. it's their network they can do what they want really unless somewhere in the broadcast contracts certain sports have to be shown on certain channels ie all air nz cup is shown on sky sport 1. to say the league was shunned is a bit extreme when it was infact shown live on sky sport 2.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

The kiwis are training in parramatta and i dont know when and where so i would like to email the mad butcher to find out where and when they train if they havnt already trainied, so if anyone knows anything or knows where i can email the mad butcher id appreciate the help. Cheers

NSW-Origin-Fan_old

i dont know where to email him, but i do know where he works often. Mad Butcher Mangere East represent! lol.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Go_The_Doggies said:
Haha my plan was a dud plan.............

hahaha nah it was a good plan it just wouldve been better if u actually knew HOW i can email him lol, thanks anyway :)