General The Lino vs Johnson Debate

Lino or Johnson?

• Lino

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
There were gaps in the storm defensive i felt Lino could have at least attempted to run at before passing but he went straight for the pass right. Opportunity gone. I would like to feel confident that Johnson would have seen them and gone for it, as long as hes feeling great. It seems Johnson has had years being held up as 7, and with his natural skill rightly so most of the time. Now, we see him at his best when he feels like it or when hes able and we accept that because of previous exploits. What if his ability to pull somethin outta his backside happens less an less? We cant just roll through isp understudys like theyre plentiful and up for it. Maybe i was wrong about lino's confidence??Hope not. All day I'd rather somebody who can be worked on and who will work genuinely. Emotional geniuses are too much hard work to watch one day great one day not one day not there. And while we are looking at these two wheres our Kakariki? Widdop runs everything at dragons fg hq and Hunt is the apprentice. I am sure that was to be the case for green and johnson. But as we've seen Johnson injured and Green can have a bad day at the office. Lino needs more time playing. Shaun Johnson needs recovery and a concrete sammie to as they say hrden the f up. He doesnt need to smash everything but some days he will need to, like that fella at the cowboys, focus and be in the game mentally. He put his hand up to be there so be there or end his nrl career eventually as unfulfilled potential.

Reactions: Sup42
The fact we are even debating the Lino/Johnson probabilities is credit to the way Mason has hung in there
I’m a huge Johnson fan and wouldn’t swap Shaun Johnson for anyone
But the way Lino has performed when given his opportunity brings a smile to my face it’s only a matter of time that other clubs take notice
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans make Lino an offer
The Titans have to sign 4 more players before June 30th and with Brennan dropping Elgey to reserve grade I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those 4 players is a half
Good luck to Lino so far he’s making every post a winner

Titans have signed Tyrone Peachey from Penrith from next year. I doubt they would sign Mason as they run on chook raffle money and even let their best player (Tyrone Roberts) from 2016 go. They have Taylor, Elgey, Cartright and peachey for 2019 if Elgey gets resigned.

Titans have signed Tyrone Peachey from Penrith from next year. I doubt they would sign Mason as they run on chook raffle money and even let their best player (Tyrone Roberts) from 2016 go. They have Taylor, Elgey, Cartright and peachey for 2019 if Elgey gets resigned.

#I'm afraid you are dreaming if you think Mason is in Peachey's class. Mason is a useful backup whose real value is showing young guys the way to go about training. That is a compliment to him. He is an average guy with limited talent who has maximised his ability through hard work.

I think mason has shown that if the team is on fire, he's going to get us over the line so to speak, and convert that energy into points and victory. This is a huge plus for our hopes this season.

He's not a guy who can carve a whole team and get no.2 on the 50 greatest all time tries youtube video. But he is a guy we can bring into the squad to do a job, and know he'll be solid as for us.

I'll be humble and concede that Shaun Johnson is a better half. But it was touch and go for a few days there tho. I really thought Mason had unlocked our playing squad in a way that Shaun Johnson hadn't be able to do before. But such is things when you live a life full of hope. Sometimes it turns into hopium.

Last edited:
Aus has 32 dummy accounts.
Less than Jono then...they might be the same person...or maybe they are not...maybe Jono and Wrighty or sledge are the same person and many many others....if you thought about it too much you would become paranoid...who cares I say...multiple personality disorder and the internet are well met.

None of those guys might be Jono....thats the beauty of having a viral account on the Forum you dont know who the flock you are talking too.,

Waste of bloody space.

Last edited:
I changed my vote. Does that mean I get to stay?

But this last game does highlight just how powerless a half is when the team is getting smashed. I don't think Shaun Johnson could have won us that game all by himself with all that back foot ball.

We would have put some points on them tho.

every game we have played without Johnson (less so in the first Roosters game) our lack of kicking depth, accuracy and options have suffered.
Shaun Johnson gets quite a bit if grief round here over his long kicking, I think its as good as anyones.
In that regard the biggest problem has been getting out our own half, we have done that much better this year thanks to the back 5.
When you consistently get stuck in your half trying to find space against a fast defensive line that has given its back 3 time to set it is near impossible.
When your kicker is given the time due to offensive momentum they will find space more often because the back 3 havent had time to set.