General The History or Rugby League

Jesbass_old

congrats jesbass. the best years is still to come.

Cheers. :thumb:

Here she is in a jersey that brings a tear to her old man's eye:
KiwiCaitlin.jpg

Attachments

• aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v649_jesbass_KiwiCaitlin.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v649_jesbass_KiwiCaitlin.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1

Northern_Union

so the rugby league side that tour south africa in the 60's are not in any way the same. i mean they toured a country that had racist policies and why wasn't anyone from reugby league international federation stopped them?

Whats rugby league got to do with it? You've spent the last 100 0dd posts 100% talking union. And now you have decided that you want to bring league into it.

LordGnome_old

no mate. but i don't think your opinion count much as we all know its one way traffic.

Its not opinion, its fact.

I am waiting for you to challenge my original post (I assumed that you had done the research and realised that I was correct.)

Northern_Union

What side, and when? Specifics, Jr.

South Africa only lasted about 7 years at international level. A handful of matches against countries, and some against club sides.

I don't consider playing a South African team at home or away as supporting racism unless bending to SA's selectorial whim. The special categorisation could count as bending, but the locals knew full well players like Williams weren't white - honorary or not - and were thrilled to watch him carve up.

When you you have non-whites showing up whites it erodes their position. Seeing an 18 year old with dark skin run rings around white guys would have given hope. It can work the other way, of course, if you lose. Especially 3-4 at Carlaw Park in 1963 after the Aussies had thumped your opponent. But that's the risk. Even in an unofficial match.

If the 1963 NZ team - or the mystery touring squad you refer to - had varying ethnicities in the team then they wouldn't be supporting racism in my eyes.

But nice change of tack in the argument. The 'look over there' approach is a popular one. Doesn't actually address the point, but then it's not meant to, is it?

RL: 'You dropped a nuclear bomb killing 100,000 or so people!'

RU: 'Yeah? Well you ran over a cyclist.'

That's a slight perversion of the dick measuring contest going on. But, to borrow from Ryan, you're measuring your dick in a rugby league bar. It may be bigger, but the judges are either pro-league, or anti-union.

Welcome back to the bar. Please enjoy your stay, and do stay.

Now this is what i call a reply!!! Love your work PB.

Northern_Union

Cheers. :thumb:

Here she is in a jersey that brings a tear to her old man's eye:
KiwiCaitlin.jpg

Ummm what is that beanie she has on? lol busted :D

Attachments

• aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v649_jesbass_KiwiCaitlin.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v649_jesbass_KiwiCaitlin.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1

Jr Warlord_old

Whats rugby league got to do with it? You've spent the last 100 0dd posts 100% talking union. And now you have decided that you want to bring league into it.
the rugby league tour has everything to do with it. maybe they didn't know a rugby league international side also toured south africa during apartheid era. why is the rugby league tour ok and not the rugby union ones?

LordGnome_old

the rugby league tour has everything to do with it. maybe they didn't know a rugby league international side also toured south africa during apartheid era. why is the rugby league tour ok and not the rugby union ones?

We were not debating the apartite era, we were debating the decades before that.

Go back and read the post and then do some research.

Jr Warlord_old

Its not opinion, its fact.

I am waiting for you to challenge my original post (I assumed that you had done the research and realised that I was correct.)
well your opinion will always be against rugby no matter what. mines different than yours. but it doesn't make you or me right.

LordGnome_old

well your opinion will always be against rugby no matter what. mines different than yours. but it doesn't make you or me right.

So, in your "opinion", black platers were allowed to play rugby union in South Africa before the segragation laws were passed?

Jr Warlord_old

We were not debating the apartite era, we were debating the decades before that.

Go back and read the post and then do some research.
the all blacks in the end took bryan williams and others. nothing wrong with that and in return the all blacks and nz government ask the sa rugby they have to select a side with black players. again nothing wrong with that. i think the nzru did more good than bad.

Jr Warlord_old

So, in your "opinion", black platers were allowed to play rugby union in South Africa before the segragation laws were passed?
blacks played rugby before, during and after apartheid. even nelson mandela and a few anc prisoners played rugby.

Northern_Union

Because we are sticking to the agenda you have set which is union. As i said, you've spent 100 odd posts talking union and now you want to change the topic. Well....no, you need to stay on the subject matter you have gone out of your way to talk about.

LordGnome_old

the all blacks in the end took bryan williams and others. nothing wrong with that and in return the all blacks and nz government ask the sa rugby they have to select a side with black players. again nothing wrong with that. i think the nzru did more good than bad.

That's was not the topic of discussion.

Can you read?

LordGnome_old

blacks played rugby before, during and after apartheid. even nelson mandela and a few anc prisoners played rugby.

They were banned from joining clubs and - the original point of this whole argument - also banned from wearing the Springbok jersey.

Jr Warlord_old

GO BACK AND READ THE POST - THIS WAS DECADES BEFORE THE GOVERNMENT POLICIES!

By the way, soccer is by far the no.1 sport in South Africa - always has been.
soccer is by far the the number one participants sports in australia, nz, japan and south africa.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings