General The History or Rugby League

HD_old

do you do that when you hear a local international league player from samoa or tongan been interview on the tv??

It's not that people can't understand you(most your posts are readable), it's that you aren't understanding what other people are saying.

You're reading alot of stuff wrong and coming back with offensive posts because you didn't fully understand what you're responding to.

Jesbass_old

There's nothing incorrect about my statement. I don't mind people bringing the debate to the table, either. What I am saying, and it still stands, with EMPHASIS, is that Jr Warlord has just walked into a rugby league bar and yelled out at the top of his/hers voice that League sucks and Union rules. He/her is going to be very unpopular, and no-one is going to buy him/her a drink, that's for sure.

I apologise - I wasn't meaning to imply that you made an incorrect statement. My second paragraph was more of an aside than anything else, really.

However, I think you did make an incorrect statement in this last post, as I haven't seen Jr Warlord say anything negative about league - just comments in defense of union. I suspect he enjoys both codes.

LordGnome_old

It's not that people can't understand you(most your posts are readable), it's that you aren't understanding what other people are saying.

You're reading alot of stuff wrong and coming back with offensive posts because you didn't fully understand what you're responding to.

Yeah, you need to read other peoples' posts properly before replying to them.

Jesbass_old

Guys, lay off Jr Warlord. He's a new (or newly returned) member here and he deserves a welcome. He isn't a troll, and he doesn't deserve to be patronised. We'll go much further as a forum if we present ourselves with cordiality first and foremost.

Jr Warlord_old

Yeah, you need to read other peoples' posts properly before replying to them.
fair enough guys. apologies all round. i came across one annoying league fan in another forum and i think everyone act like him. i'll try and read the post before i type.

Ryan_old

However, I think you did make an incorrect statement in this last post, as I haven't seen Jr Warlord say anything negative about league - just comments in defense of union. I suspect he enjoys both codes.
Not directly, but indirectly. He's guilty of rubbishing league via the implication of Union's superiority over League, which is the clear undertone of quite a few of his posts. I understand that you're giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but your strengths (impartiality), is also your weakness. I don't believe he has any respect for league, and simply come along to argue about Union being the rock n roll.

LordGnome_old

Not directly, but indirectly. He's guilty of rubbishing league via the implication of Union's superiority over League, which is the clear undertone of quite a few of his posts. I understand that you're giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but your strengths (impartiality), is also your weakness. I don't believe he has any respect for league, and simply come along to argue about Union being the rock n roll.

Yeah, but we all love a good argument!

Have I told you about my views on politics, relegion and why rugby union is indemicly racist?

Ryan_old

Yeah, but we all love a good argument!

Have I told you about my views on politics, relegion and why rugby union is indemicly racist?
Totally, if one can qualify this argument as being "good".

Haha. I have read a bit about the religion, but no politics, yet. Seeming that you're my favourite, I'm bound to read anything you post.

LordGnome_old

Totally, if one can qualify this argument as being "good".

Haha. I have read a bit about the religion, but no politics, yet. Seeming that you're my favourite, I'm bound to read anything you post.

Me and NU had a real ding-dong at election time a few years back!

Jr Warlord_old

i think when you sign up to a rugby league forum there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to talk up league and have to be anti union. everyone here is a rugby league fan at some level and also a fan of many sports. i happen to like rugby union and i'll post if i see something i don't agree with.

LordGnome_old

i think when you sign up to a rugby league forum there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to talk up league and have to be anti union. everyone here is a rugby league fan at some level and also a fan of many sports. i happen to like rugby union and i'll post if i see something i don't agree with.

Weeeelllllll, earlier on you didn't agree with the fact that i holidayed in the USA with my family in 2007?

LordGnome_old

why do you think rugby union is racist??

That was a wind up, its only been truely racist in South Africa (its just been classist elsewhere.)

The worst part of it all was that NZ supported the racism in South Africa by contimuing to play them at sports and even taking teams of whites-only to the republic (disgusting.)

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings