General the future

Defence_old

Never liked him but u would have to say he's the best centre on the market and we need a centre so it's a no brainer

Etern0L_Warrior_old

i don't really want to sign matai after he used us as a bargaining chip last time

he's one of those kiwis who prefer to stay in aus

i'd rather have someone who wants to play for us

should sign a cheapie, might turn out to be the next webb/mckinnon/brown/maloney

sup42_old

i don't really want to sign matai after he used us as a bargaining chip last time

he's one of those kiwis who prefer to stay in aus

i'd rather have someone who wants to play for us

should sign a cheapie, might turn out to be the next webb/mckinnon/brown/maloney
Problem with wanting players from over there that wanna play for us is there aren't any.

Dean Bell and that lot have already shown there hand.

A secound rower in the Hand is worth two centers in Homebush

d13_old

I never thought Mateo would come here but he enjoys it here in NZ, the lifestyle, team environment & the quick access via plane to & from Sydney, it's not like he's locked up & can't go back to Oz every now & then...
I never thought we'd get a rake the calibre of Nathan Friend to come here, he's another who's enjoying the team environment & relaxed lifestyle.. I think this theory of top calibre players not wanting to come to NZ to play for The Warriors is over rated..

I think Matai is the backline enforcer this team needs & has been missing for so long. Matai's not only a crunching defender he has a wise footy brain, he would compliment Mannering & be a great leader amongst this young team bringing huge amounts of intellect & game nous..What also should be taken into account is motor mouths (I mean that in good terms) like Luck & Maloney are leaving so that will leave a big gap in talkers/communicators throughout the team, Matai would bring that much needed talk & inspiration.

sebastian_old

Have to say, and this might change, but Mateo has disappointed me the most this year. Probably because I had higher expectations for him. But he's failed to launch imho

---
I am here: https://tapatalk.com/map.php?ofrx0b

True. But what a stunner of a season Mateo had last year. His best season ever by far. Which is why i hope he's picked for origin. To inspire him and reward him for the greatness he showed last year, and will hopefully display again.

ShaunJohnson7_old

True. But what a stunner of a season Mateo had last year. His best season ever by far. Which is why i hope he's picked for origin. To inspire him and reward him for the greatness he showed last year, and will hopefully display again.

He had a great season in 08 for Paramatta too, might have even trumped last year, I was living in Sydney at the time and he was talked up big time there as a guy they wanted for Origin but he wasn't eligible. He was actually playing 6 that year too, he was awesome.