General the future

jb1979_old

Can we see changes here what do you think will happen ??

2013 Gains
Thomas Leuluai (2015)

2013 Losses
Lewis Brown (Panthers), Micheal Luck (retired), James Maloney (Roosters)

Re-Signed
Konrad Hurrell (2013), Simon Mannering (2015), John Palavi (2014)

Off Contract 2012
Steve Rapira, Carlos Tuimavave, Dylan Collier, Russell Packer, Jerome Ropati, Omar Slaimankhel, Ukuma Ta'ai, Bill Tupou

jb1979_old

sam kasiano , martin taupau , soaia feki , sika manu , siuatonga likiliki , evarn tuimavave , nafe seulini , eddy pettybourne , adam henry , ben te'o are off contract at there clubs

insulinboi_old

This is what I would do...

1. Locke
2. Perrett
3. Hurrell
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Godinet
7. Johnson
8. Matulino
9. Friend
10. Lillyman
11. Mannering (c)
12. Mateo
13. Luck

14. Leuluai
15. Manu
16. Rapira
17. Packer

In: Perrett, Matai, Leluai, Manu

Out: Inu, Ropati, Brown, Steve Rapira, Maloney, Luck

Re-sign: Tuimavave, Collier, Packer, Slaimankhel, Ta'ai, Tupou

This should still give us a bit of depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

wallacenz_old

sam kasiano , martin taupau , soaia feki , sika manu , siuatonga likiliki , evarn tuimavave , nafe seulini , eddy pettybourne , adam henry , ben te'o are off contract at there clubs
adam henry, the perfect bench utility. grab him and put him in the 17 jersey.

edit: if i remember right his vital stats were 6ft 2, 100kg and played every position in the backline for the juniors.. and played them well

sebastian_old

As good as our consecutive champion juniors are. Surely their interested in still signing a few players just to stregthen our weaker areas. Owen's ownership has yet to claim a prize signing which i've found strange. Our champion juniors are great but i still think we could get value out of a few players available. Dean Whare, Dane Nielsen. Just two examples. Two outstanding prospects which would secure us some outside back depth.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Owen Glenn's ownership is still in its infancy. He has only had the club for a few months. It is the wrong time of the year for his wallet to secure us anyone special. He will purchase 1 or 2 quality players late in the season.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

I hope to God that we are not foolish enough to blow big money on Matai. He will spend most of the season sidelined through injury and suspension. It would be a silly move. We have no more chance than any other team to get him, he has no loyalty to the Warriors. So the money would have to be too big to get him.

insulinboi_old

I have never understood the "Matai always gets injured" myth. It's not true. He has played over 20 games a season for the past 4 years. I actually can't remember the last time he was out for a long time.

Xt1ncT_old

Matai would be a good signing. Can't see it happening though.

In the meantime they really need to develop Konrad into an 80 minute player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Matai would be a good signing. Can't see it happening though.

In the meantime they really need to develop Konrad into an 80 minute player.

There is only one way to develop him into an 80 minute player...

Play him for 80 minutes with no replacement on the bench. He will learn. If he gets genuinely injured we have several players who can step in to finish the game. If he isn't hurt, he plays 80 minutes. Simple.

Bluey, take note.

Xt1ncT_old

There is only one way to develop him into an 80 minute player...

Play him for 80 minutes with no replacement on the bench. He will learn. If he gets genuinely injured we have several players who can step in to finish the game. If he isn't hurt, he plays 80 minutes. Simple.

Bluey, take note.

Agreed.

I think he'll play NSW Cup until he's fit enough though. Just a feeling

Burgesstim71_old

According to Sunday star times article Omar is likely yo ask for release in next few weeks

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Agreed.

I think he'll play NSW Cup until he's fit enough though. Just a feeling

That is the foolish part of this concept. He can play 80 minutes of NSW Cup, as he played 80 in Toyota Cup. Unless they get him to play back to back games, I can't see how persisting with NSW Cup is going to improve his fitness.

He has to make the step, otherwise he will languish in the lower grades until someone else chooses to take the risk and signs him.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

According to Sunday star times article Omar is likely yo ask for release in next few weeks

That sounds odd to me, unless he is looking at a different career.

Unless the club has told him they won't be re-signing him next year, I can't see why he would want a release from the best team in the comp.

Do you have a link to the article?

Burgesstim71_old

It was in the Sunday star times today, I think in article about tupou resigninghttps://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/6824489/Warriors-re-sign-Bill-Tupou-through-to-2014

Burgesstim71_old

Extract of Sunday star times, article, looks as taai could be on the move as well

Meanwhile, rampaging back-rower Ukuma Ta'ai is expected to make a decision on his future within a fortnight. The Tongan international is off-contract with the Warriors this year and his agent Peter Brown said he had two deals from rival clubs on the table.

He has been linked with the Newcastle Knights but, according to Brown, if an offer from the Warriors is "right", he'll stay in New Zealand.

"At the moment, we've received a couple of offers for the NRL and Super League and now I'll be talking to the Warriors in the next fortnight," he said.

"We'll revisit things in two weeks and from there, Ukuma will be making a decision.

"It's like anything, if the deal is right then he'll have no issue staying

"He's happy here and it will probably come down to the deal."

Scurrah refused to comment on Ta'ai's contract situation.

It's also understood that star under-20s fullback Omar Slaimankhel is being courted by another NRL club and could ask the Warriors for a release in the coming weeks.

Brother Fesol_old

get matai, he has shoulder complaints during games but rarely comes off, he will make the edge defence solid, people hate him, his ball and all tackles one on one are the best in the game. he would be a great buy for the warriors