Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
We weren’t going to win that one - playing the minor prems and 2x defending champions, away, without our playmaker, with TMM undercooked and with a small bench

I thought we performed OK, in that we defended well and didn’t hose 50 points.

The loss of SJ was huge on many levels. Without him, we
1. Didn’t have his decision making
2. Put our best interchange into 7
3. Had to make do with a halves pairing that hasn’t played together
4. Had to change our game plan
5. Shrank our bench

The fact that the boys didn’t give up was heartening

Just my opinion and what I’ve seen…not knocking these players as they have contributed with outstanding efforts throughout this season. But as a center I’ve noticed our centers shy/handbrake in kick returns. I know the bros Jagged n Wiz love Berry and his distribution and defense has been solid but that’s not all we centers do. It’s back 5 not back 3 and a half. It’s not a experience thing it’s a help your brothers thing. #Zero handbrakes
To reiterate, through club, national rep or international squad I was blessed to be selected in I always challenged my back 5 that they will never beat me in kick returns yardage to help our forwards/team. I lost once..to Georgie Carmont when played for American Sa vs Tonga. He cheated lol

Remains to be seen if RTS comes back as good as the player he was but I’m sick of seeing our opposition having no fear of our backs speed. Zero fear actually. RTS was a better defender than Charnze but he set an extremely high bar.
Yeah. I reckon you hit the nail on the head. I hope coach uses his head over loyalty when it comes to selections next year. The standard has been set on defence. To improve on this year we must make our attack more lethal. Players like Pompey and Montoya are reliable journeymen, but it just takes an error or two and their value diminishes. Whereas a lethal attacker can make up for it by scoring or try assists.

That comes down to recruitment. If you have one and a half first grade halves you are in trouble if both of them are injured. It is as simple as that. Not coaching.
This week has probably justified the recruitment of CHT for 2024.

Another player capable of playing in the halves and who can organise the team and kick. The more competition for spots the better.

Back