General The future of Mt Smart??

Buck777

That's interesting.

The Warriors have openly stated - or at least heavily implied - that their preference for home game date/time allocation is Sunday 2-3PM.

I hate that time slot. It's the one the stuffs my w/e up the most. I always felt it was the slot given when we were playing like crap and the Aussies just wanted to get us over and done with as quick as possible. The 12:00pm Aussie time slot would be the least watched. In 2004 we were relegated to 2pm Sunday time slots almost the whole season.
Love the night games. We usually play better and the crowd is a lot more into the game I reckon.

Danpatmac

I hate that time slot. It's the one the stuffs my w/e up the most. I always felt it was the slot given when we were playing like crap and the Aussies just wanted to get us over and done with as quick as possible. The 12:00pm Aussie time slot would be the least watched. In 2004 we were relegated to 2pm Sunday time slots almost the whole season.
Love the night games. We usually play better and the crowd is a lot more into the game I reckon.

I hate the 230 sunday games too

Mind you if the Warriors are the channel 9 sunday game you get to have Gould say "Rabbits they love their sunday footy" incesently. Personally I prefer saturday games as living out of Auckland they are the easiest for me to get to and back home again from.

My problem with friday night games is if they lose especially after playing poorly my whole weekend is ruined and I'm not the charming witty gentleman you would think and more than likely fit into the miserable grumpy ar*ehole catergory. At least a saturday night or sunday game means my family get to spend less time with me.

I think moving as far away as possible from their core supporters would be a huge mistake. I for one wouldn't be making the one and a half hour return trip or blowing hundreds on a taxi so I could drink at the game very often. Eden Park's the only location left central enough to consistently attract greater crowds than Mt Smart.

I agree, sure the local Auckland crowds turn up to games but as you chat away during the games you find people have come up as far as Taupo to support the boys and that was when the Warriors were still under the Auckland name. Things are tough as it is and the last thing the club wants to do is make it harder for these fans that travel long distances to the game. Even driving to the Mount on a permanent bases would be really pushing it for people from down the line.

Danpatmac

I agree, sure the local Auckland crowds turn up to games but as you chat away during the games you find people have come up as far as Taupo to support the boys and that was when the Warriors were still under the Auckland name. Things are tough as it is and the last thing the club wants to do is make it harder for these fans that travel long distances to the game. Even driving to the Mount on a permanent bases would be really pushing it for people from down the line.

But then there are guys like me, who live central and north who would definitely go to even more games if they were at eden park.
There is a lot of support from the shore and beyond.

Once the club starts getting sellout crowds on wet cold Sunday afternoon games , then I think they will start looking at bigger ground options. Has been said before 10000 at Eden Park will look empty.
Being from out of town and having now attended a few games at Eden Park that option doesn't worry me as much. Have sorted out parking etc and now know where to ask for seating.
Preferred option however is still Mount Smart , Saturday Night, Sunday 2 pm, or Friday night. I am not a fan of 4pm Sunday games.

w
Once the club starts getting sellout crowds on wet cold Sunday afternoon games , then I think they will start looking at bigger ground options. Has been said before 10000 at Eden Park will look empty.
Being from out of town and having now attended a few games at Eden Park that option doesn't worry me as much. Have sorted out parking etc and now know where to ask for seating.
Preferred option however is still Mount Smart , Saturday Night, Sunday 2 pm, or Friday night. I am not a fan of 4pm Sunday games.
What about a shift to Waikato Stadium Gee,that might be a better option for you...lol

w

What about a shift to Waikato Stadium Gee,that might be a better option for you...lol
Certainly would be closer for me and many other Warriors Members / supporters that live below the bombays. I have never been to Waikato Stadium so nit sure of seating, parking and motorway access. If a move to the Tron was on we could always meet up at Warriors Ball Boy's pad for a pre / post game BBQ.

As I can't get to the games, and have to watch on TV, I know this doesn't really relate to me that much. But my preferred kick off is 4pm Sunday.

I hate Friday night games. I'm not sure about stats, but it seems to me, we lose too often. I like to already be nicely unwound and have totally forgotten about work when I watch the games, and on Friday nights thats not always the case.

Saturday night games are on too early or too late, depending on whether they are home or away games. The 7pm games can be a pain because the kids bedtime is right in the middle of the game. There is always a drama around bedtime, as my children are reasonably normal and believe they don't need sleep. The 9.30-10pm kick off is at an awkward time as well. Its not late enough that you can watch a movie before hand, but its too late to watch one after. And of course a Saturday night is more likely to have some event, activity, piss-up, get-together, wedding, birthday, work-do, etc scheduled. Everyone knows I will not be at the event at kick off, but once you get a few beers going it is difficult to tear yourself away. I have missed some fairly big family events because of Saturday night Warriors games.

I like Sunday games because even if we lose I have got to enjoy most of the weekend, and if we win, I go into the next work week on a high. I like the 4pm kick-off because the 2pm timeslot causes the juniors coverage to be too early. I'm not really in the league zone at 12pm on a Sunday. I prefer sitting down between about 2pm for the Juniors and watching through to tea-time.

I absolutely dispise the Monday night timeslot. Your always tired after not quite enough sleep over the weekend, followed by the worst workday of the week, and the game kicks off too late at night, then on Tuesday your tired as well.

Having said all of that, if we were to get more Vulcans/Juniors/Warriors triple headers on a Saturday afternoon - evening then I could live with that, cos it just gives me more league to watch. I don't really get into watching all of the other NRL teams matches until later in the season when the outcomes of those games really start to affect the Warriors chances. Early in the season I am happy to channel surf between a movie or TV program and the none-Warriors match. Of course now that I play Foxsports Fantasy League it is a little more interesting watching other early season games.

Saturday nights are good but I also like Sunday afternoon games, especially 2pm. saying that my view point is from supporter living in Sydney, issue I have with games at mt.smart that it's very open and cold especially on night games and even worse when we.

Perfect stadium fir warriors would be sydney football system, great place for watching leage but also plenty of cover when wet

As much as I love Mt Smart and prefer it over Eden park I will still follow the warriors if they move

In terms of seating as a season ticket holder I will be doing all I can to avoid the ASB stand as it is to far away from the field

I live out in Blockhouse Bay so im thinking of parking up at the nearest train station (Avondale) and going it from there to Kingsland (hoping my season pass gets me a free ride)

In terms of date and time I like Saturday night games but do like sunday afternoons as well. I will admit that Eden park is a bit warmer being a bit more land locked compared to Mt Smart

I wish the ARC had just done it properly in the first place and gone ahead with a dedicated waterfront stadium