General The best players ever of the Bartercard Cup

tmaster_old

I saw Start on Monday and I agree that he was a standout but it got me thinking who have been the players who have made it on the international scene that have come through the Bartercard Cup?

You have got the boys live Manu Vatuvei and Lance Hohaia, Jerome Ropati and the other current Warriors who come through the ranks, but who else is there?

Roy Asotasi would probably the biggest one that I could think of.

AliN_old

Some much talent has comes thru the ranks and are then whisked away to Aussie to play in the Jersey Flegg and PL comps before we have a chance to see them.
And good on them, the benefits for the young guys are huge.

tezzah_old

Jason Williams for the Marist Richmond Brothers (now at Canberra), Steve Matai for the Brothers too (now at Manly). Sean Ata (Hibiscus Coast Raiders) now at Manly (fromerly with Sydney Roosters) - they were great...

Skinner_old

tezzah said:
Jason Williams for the Marist Richmond Brothers (now at Canberra), Steve Matai for the Brothers too (now at Manly). Sean Ata (Hibiscus Coast Raiders) now at Manly (fromerly with Sydney Roosters) - they were great...

Think you have Ata confused with someone else. Sean was at Penrith,
back to HBC and now he is in England (Skolars).

Cheers

Fobin_Hood_old

tezzah said:

Steve Matai's an awesome defensive player but you gotta question his attacking game?????

Fobin_Hood_old

tezzah said:

Steve Matai's an awesome defensive player but you gotta question his attacking game?????