General The 2008 Thread

Wiki_old

I know we haven't even reached the finals but we are playing well and there is no reason to believe we can't continue this sort of form next year.

Next year we should have an even stronger side.

Losses:
George Gatis
Louie Anderson
Todd Byrne
Tony Martin
Corey Lawrie

Gains (not resignings):
Brent Tate
Ian Henderson

Considering 4/5 of our losses aren't playing in our first grade side we won't lose much of our structure. Fien is playing good footy and although Gatis will be a loss, there are wraps on Henderson and we will just have to wait and see whether he fills Gatis's biggish shoes this season.

In terms of our backline, it should be stronger.

1. McKinnon
2. Crockett
3. Ropati
4. Tate
5. Vatuvei

with Simon Mannering heading into the pack most probably. The only other way would be to leave Simon where he is and put Tate in a wing position. It could work wonders or it could be a waste, we will have to see. With Jerome's excellent running it might not be a bad choice to pair those two up.

I still don't think Ah Van is up to first grade. He is a defensive player at this stage, he needs to work on his attack. I like the look of Malo Salomona - he just needs to put on a bit more size I think.

So yeah, what are your thoughts?

I have really just stated the obvious. But our first grade squad looks promising again. We only really lose one player (who only plays half the game anyway). And we gain an Australia rep.

LordGnome_old

1) Wadeo Goo Goo
2) Davey Cwocket
3) Tea Wopati
4) Bwent Tate
5) Old Gold Teeth Himself!
6) Michale Twit
7) Gwant Wavioli
8) Sam Wapiwa
9) Fiendish Nathen
10) Steve Pwice
11) Wuben Wiki
12) Captain Mainwaring - don't panick!
13) Fichael Muck
14) The Scottish Australian bloke from Bradford (eee, mushy peas and ferrits!)
15) Sonny-Bill Fai
16) The more talented of the Lauki brothers
17) Evarn Toooooooeeeeeemavarvey!
With the likes of Koopu, Hohaia etc as cover for injuries and supsensions.