Internationals That ref should NEVER ref again

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

Ronnie_7_old

Man oh man was this guy stupid. That was one of the worst diplays of international reffing I have ever seen. This isn't a case of the sour grapes either, Hunt getting smashed and not reme,bering most of his debut was more than enough to settle the scoreline. But honestly this guys had an absolute shocker he made bad like really bad calls both ways. I would rather have had Mander or someone in there. Bring back Harrigan

luvustacey_old

MiXmasterreece said:
Im sorry but I havent seen half as many posts in here as I thought I would.

That guy was a disgrace. We were still in that game until that feckin pass of the ground that led to a try and then that bloody forward pass moments after that led to another try. We lost our bundle after that.

Im sorry but watching the replays of some of his calls in that game made me bloody sick

Sinbad_old

People the referring was no better nor worse than what we suffer every week in the NRL, You mustremember that it was only his 2nd test. Everyone MUST start somewhere. Yes he did cock up a few times , as did the touchies, who I might add are more experienced than he was (and blind as well it seems!) But then we expect that from NRL touchies dont we?

The simple fact was we were not good enough to beat the Aussies and the turning point was the hit on Carmichael Hunt. Even the Aussie captain has come out and said that the whole team lifted after that attack / tackle. Shades of Vilasanti on Fittler. !

The next test well be a better understanding of where we are. You have to remember that we have alot of young players just starting their test careers and things can only get better.

I for one am looking forward to the TriNations as I think that this will be the real test and a totally different situation. (And Aussie test team as well).

As far as the Officals go.....Yes he could have done alot better BUT he did not cost us the test.
End of story.

guten targ_old

One thing about losing that always fascinates me and that is we fans blame everyone and everything, from players to Referees..from a lack of this and a lack of that and the referee controlling the game is blind and shouldn't be allowed to whistle a game again and Thomas isn't up to standard and Vagana's used by date is last week and oh yeah the referee was blind and missed the pass off the ground and missed our blokes being held down and Benji wasn't flash and was a liability and this referee should have played and would've been a lot better because last nights ref wore green and gold sunglases etc etc etc

Well we lost..plain and simple folks..we got smashed or absolutely murdered, some say we deserved to lose but not by that much..personally I don't wear that in this day and age..we got creamed by a sleeping giant we all knew would wake up and be a lot hungrier than they were last year and it wasn't the fault of the referee and it sure wasn't the fault of Thomas, Vagana or Benji

It was the fault of the bloody Australians being as professional and as good as they say they are on the day..its Joeys fault for seeing past the basic passing game and throwing the ball exactly where we knew he was going to, its Lockyers fault for being the consumate professional and its Buderus's fault for his nippy runs and quick thinking..Its also Tahu's fault for his part in the game and its Gasniers for scoring when we didn't want him too..see its the Australians fault we lost guys come on don't blame the ref and this guy and that one..lets lay blame right smack squarely where it should go

THE BLOODY AUSSIES ARE THE REASON WE LOST

ozbash_old

guten targ said:
One thing about losing that always fascinates me and that is we fans blame everyone and everything, from players to Referees..from a lack of this and a lack of that and the referee controlling the game is blind and shouldn't be allowed to whistle a game again and Thomas isn't up to standard and Vagana's used by date is last week and oh yeah the referee was blind and missed the pass off the ground and missed our blokes being held down and Benji wasn't flash and was a liability and this referee should have played and would've been a lot better because last nights ref wore green and gold sunglases etc etc etc

Well we lost..plain and simple folks..we got smashed or absolutely murdered, some say we deserved to lose but not by that much..personally I don't wear that in this day and age..we got creamed by a sleeping giant we all knew would wake up and be a lot hungrier than they were last year and it wasn't the fault of the referee and it sure wasn't the fault of Thomas, Vagana or Benji

It was the fault of the bloody Australians being as professional and as good as they say they are on the day..its Joeys fault for seeing past the basic passing game and throwing the ball exactly where we knew he was going to, its Lockyers fault for being the consumate professional and its Buderus's fault for his nippy runs and quick thinking..Its also Tahu's fault for his part in the game and its Gasniers for scoring when we didn't want him too..see its the Australians fault we lost guys come on don't blame the ref and this guy and that one..lets lay blame right smack squarely where it should go

yes,yes,yes but.

you get these exprienced players like joey and buderus and these guys can play a ref the same as a football.

the ref was bad imo, his touchies were of no help at all to him but we wouldnt have won that game if the mad butcher had reffed it.

our poor display on the night doesnt excuse 2nd rate officials. luckily the refs decisions didnt determine the outcome.

and he wasnt neutral. he was australian.

mosh_old

Yes, Ozbash sums up the entire post.

We ARE NOT looking for excuses.

Do not let the kiwi players mistakes IMMUNE the refereeing. It was not even Batercard standard. In fact I would say our BC refs are better than the trash we saw last night.

Just because the game was lost by the Kiwi's and a few of the players, does not justify us not calling a pile of crap a pile of crap. And the refs were that.

Skinner_old

Mosh said:
Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

The referee was not that bad. What do you expect? 100% accuracy? If you do, you're delusional and need to pick up the whistle and have a go to understand the realities.

Considering the physicality, and speed of the test match, I thought he did a fantastic job. Full credit to him. I'm hoping we see more of him, and I dare say, if he was in the NRL and produced efforts like that he'd be #1 - BUT would still cop a bagging from the team that loses everyweek but fans are using so nonsensical they look for the referee as the arbitratory scapegoat rather than accept the fact they were thoroughly outplayed from 1-19.

The refeering was shocking, but yet again Iafeta, you fail to accept other peoples opinions and feel that your opinion is superior.

and what was it you said to me last nigh Mosh mate....you are a complete
and utter hypocrite young man...nothing less

Skinner_old

Just back on topic.....I was screaming at the ref when, in the second set of the game, we had the second penalty.

The game is about the play and the players, not the
bloke in the middle.

He was dreadful, but he didn't influence the result
at all.

mosh_old

Skinner said:
Mosh said:
Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

The referee was not that bad. What do you expect? 100% accuracy? If you do, you're delusional and need to pick up the whistle and have a go to understand the realities.

Considering the physicality, and speed of the test match, I thought he did a fantastic job. Full credit to him. I'm hoping we see more of him, and I dare say, if he was in the NRL and produced efforts like that he'd be #1 - BUT would still cop a bagging from the team that loses everyweek but fans are using so nonsensical they look for the referee as the arbitratory scapegoat rather than accept the fact they were thoroughly outplayed from 1-19.

The refeering was shocking, but yet again Iafeta, you fail to accept other peoples opinions and feel that your opinion is superior.

and what was it you said to me last nigh Mosh mate....you are a complete
and utter hypocrite young man...nothing less

Your case my friend was accusing someone (Lance Hohaia) of something (thinking he was bigger than the team) without proof (??), thats defamation my friend not freedom of speech.

Ronnie_7_old

guten targ said:

I agree. I wasn't for one minute trying to make excuses. Of course the Aussies are the reason we lost (just as much as ourselves). Just like most people in this thread we were just saying the ref was shite

webbyfan_old

Yes, we lost because of a number of reasons, but, why oh why did they have this guy ref? This was an international game, he was a second rate ref, when these games are played you HAVE TO have a first rate ref nothing less. someone who has more experience in these kinds of games, I don't know how many internation games this guy has refereed, but by looks of that game it doesn't look like many.
I'm not blaming the ref for our loss, I'm blaming him for a lot of bad bad bad calls, yes refs can miss some things on the field, but the ones he did miss, he shouldn't have.

Iafeta_old

sebastian said:
Iafeta said:
RS_Dragon, you're entitled to your view. Green and gold glasses? I'm a Kiwi! Then again, I fail to accept others views and am higher above all you lot.. apparently.

There were some forward passes, from both teams. We see it week in, week out from the ruck. Very rarely picked up. Louis Anderson and Danny Buderus were both suspect to it last night. Also, when players pass offloads, or short passes before the line very rarely are they called up with the commentators referring to very flat passes.

The passing off the ground, I think you're referring to Matt Cooper? That was my initial reaction, but if you look at the replay, his elbows have not touched the ground, nor has his momentum stop, nor has the referee called held so he's entitled to pass.

All I'm trying to do is compare Klein's performance to that of an average NRL first grade referee. Given that game was a few notches up in speed, intensity, physicality, I thought he did a good job. I'm not here to tell you he was perfect, but we as fans have to accept the quality of refereeing we are dished up week in, week out, and then compare it to that. We often seek perfection, from my experience playing sport, coaching sport, umpiring/refereeing sport, ableit at a lot slower pace than last night, its a very difficult gig to get everything right, particularly officiating where other player is basically at you.

I am one of the first to blow up at referees, but I think refereeing in 2006 is superior to refereeing in 2005 and don't think its cost us games as a Warriors fan or as a Kiwis fan.
I certainly don't blame Klein's performance for the Kiwis performance, and would like to think we are all strong enough to say well played Australia, better team won on the day, and evaluate where we went wrong and look to improve on it.

At the end of the day, the Kiwis dropped too much basic ball, had too poor a kicking and organisational game, and were thoroughly out classed all over the paddock.

That guy last night was alright but we have had 2 WARRIOR games this year with BLATENT wrong desisons. Manly with that obstruction try oh my god i still can't understand it & canberra's 2nd try where the guy scores while knocking on. Please leave the warriors out of it because we HAVE been robbed.

In retrospect, I agree on the Webb call - that was wrong.

The Lincoln Withers try, the ball goes backward. Play on. Try.

MarkW_old

'Never ref again' ? Bit of an overreaction I think. He made some dodgy calls .. and non calls - but it was a hell of a cauldron to ref your second international game in (he officiated the Aus vs France 'test' last year). Was he up to it? Well, he wasn't completely awful, but has a lot of room for imrovement.
I was really dissapointed that some basic rulebreaking went unpunished like everyone else. The calls certainly did seem to go the Aussies way for the most part - but in the end our boys just couldn't go the distance against what was arguably man for man a superior side.
If the touchies were making calls in that game (like they should have) then the ref must have had his earpiece turned off a lot of the time.
No doubt the Aussies will be keen as mustard to have him ref at any future games that require someone 'neutral' though.
It does beg the question though, was our Mr. Black really that bad in comparison to ESLs supposed 'best ref'?

IanS_old

MarkW said:
It does beg the question though, was our Mr. Black really that bad in comparison to ESLs supposed 'best ref'?

It sure does, and the only answer I can come up with is, no.

In fact, after years of watching the ARL/NRL he compares wll with them too. Especially now.