Internationals That ref should NEVER ref again

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

MiXmasterreece_old

Im sorry but I havent seen half as many posts in here as I thought I would.

That guy was a disgrace. We were still in that game until that feckin pass of the ground that led to a try and then that bloody forward pass moments after that led to another try. We lost our bundle after that.

Im sorry but watching the replays of some of his calls in that game made me bloody sick

ozbash_old

totally agree with you reece.
i counted 4 oz forward passes or other misdemeanors which led to trys during the game. the touchie (not pascoe, who i thought went ok) should be strung up.

neutral refs ? yea right !

MiXmasterreece_old

Basically i think we didnt deserve to win, but we did NOT deserve to lose by that much.

We were still in the hunt untill around the 58th minute with that passing off the ground non call and the forward pass.

Im not even sure that Pritchard should of been done for the high shot on K.Hunt.

Those are the glaring calls, there were a tonne of others that were shocker : Forward passes that never were called, the fact we got held down the whole way through the game, penalties for holding down against us which were jsut rubbish.

I think more needs to be made about this !

Northern_Union

Ashley Klien and both those touch judges should never get a game again.

Why the f*** did the NZRL let him ref when they wanted a neutral ref???

aussie_warrior_old

This site has gone down hill really fast. It is one thing to be one-eyed but it's another to be completely blind.

Iafeta_old

Take the blinkers off.

The referee was not that bad. What do you expect? 100% accuracy? If you do, you're delusional and need to pick up the whistle and have a go to understand the realities.

Considering the physicality, and speed of the test match, I thought he did a fantastic job. Full credit to him. I'm hoping we see more of him, and I dare say, if he was in the NRL and produced efforts like that he'd be #1 - BUT would still cop a bagging from the team that loses everyweek but fans are using so nonsensical they look for the referee as the arbitratory scapegoat rather than accept the fact they were thoroughly outplayed from 1-19.

aussie_warrior_old

Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

The referee was not that bad. What do you expect? 100% accuracy? If you do, you're delusional and need to pick up the whistle and have a go to understand the realities.

Considering the physicality, and speed of the test match, I thought he did a fantastic job. Full credit to him. I'm hoping we see more of him, and I dare say, if he was in the NRL and produced efforts like that he'd be #1 - BUT would still cop a bagging from the team that loses everyweek but fans are using so nonsensical they look for the referee as the arbitratory scapegoat rather than accept the fact they were thoroughly outplayed from 1-19.

Finally someone who speaks (types?) sense.

mosh_old

Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

The refeering was shocking, but yet again Iafeta, you fail to accept other peoples opinions and feel that your opinion is superior.

mosh_old

tripharn said:
This site has gone down hill really fast. It is one thing to be one-eyed but it's another to be completely blind.

I dont understand why you visit here mate, if you dont like the site then just dont visit it. Its simple really. We put in the hard work to keep this site up and if you cannot appreciate it please do not visit it. I do not want to come here and read peoples comments about how the site I spend so much time on is "going down hill". Please do me a favor and stop coming here and bagging a site you do not like.

Kiwi League_old

Mosh, that's a joke comment, 'long lost brother' indeed.
You are sore about the result, you are hurting, you are spitting blood & lashing out.
You honestly didn't see this coming and you can't handle it.

For the record, I said that the ref was an incompetent fool, among other things. His entire handling of the game was a disgrace. He made bad calls both ways.

But mate, we got smashed by 50. Aus were very good & we were not so flash.

aussie_warrior_old

Mosh said:
tripharn said:

I dont understand why you visit here mate, if you dont like the site then just dont visit it. Its simple really. We put in the hard work to keep this site up and if you cannot appreciate it please do not visit it. I do not want to come here and read peoples comments about how the site I spend so much time on is "going down hill". Please do me a favor and stop coming here and bagging a site you do not like.

I don't visit here very often, why do you think I've only made 500 posts in about 2.5 years, when at the old site I made that in about 6 months! Plus about 400 of them would have been made in the first year or so. This site is all about whinging and bitching, blaming coaches, players and refs. If I want to read about a bunch of sorry losers I'd join English Premier League forums.

What makes it worse, is you are the leader. People see you doing it (like in this thread, and all your crap about Fien) and they think it is ok. It's like an old womans club with most of you guys.

There is also a difference between maintaining a site, and keeping up the quality of the threads and users. Only 1 in 5 threads here is useful and this is why I would probably average 1-2 posts a week.

Northern_Union

Mosh said:
Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

The refeering was shocking, but yet again Iafeta, you fail to accept other peoples opinions and feel that your opinion is superior.

Amen to that Mosh!

I don't offen agree with you mate but you have hit it on the head 100% on this occassion.

Iafeta i think you need to watch that game again. That was easily some of the worest refing i have ever seen!

IanS_old

tripharn said:
Mosh said:
tripharn said:

I don't visit here very often, why do you think I've only made 500 posts in about 2.5 years, when at the old site I made that in about 6 months! Plus about 400 of them would have been made in the first year or so. This site is all about whinging and bitching, blaming coaches, players and refs. If I want to read about a bunch of sorry losers I'd join English Premier League forums.

What makes it worse, is you are the leader. People see you doing it (like in this thread, and all your crap about Fien) and they think it is ok. It's like an old womans club with most of you guys.

There is also a difference between maintaining a site, and keeping up the quality of the threads and users. Only 1 in 5 threads here is useful and this is why I would probably average 1-2 posts a week.

Yea, I hate negativity too.

Iafeta_old

Mosh said:
Iafeta said:
Take the blinkers off.

Where was it shocking?

No, what was shocking was

Our organisation in the halves

Our kicking

Our defence out wide

Clinton Toopi-itis brain explosions

The lack of a general to hold the ship together

Goal kicking

------

Until we look beyond continually making the referee the scapegoat, New Zealand, and the Warriors won't advance. Thankfully, we have the likes of Ivan Cleary and Brian McClennan who are a bit smarter than that and realise our short comings.

Take the blinkers off, pick up the pea and whistle, and then watch yourself on tape. He may have made 2-3 mistakes in line ball passes (but watch some of Louis Anderson's passing at ruck time, half his were a metre forward), but no referee in the world will get through that. Particularly with the intensity, and skill, and speed of the game played last night. Anyone who expects pure perfection out there is kidding themselves.

But I bow to you Mosh, you are king almighty, by the way, I thought you had p!ssed off for the better about 2-3 weeks ago?

mosh_old

tripharn said:
Mosh said:
tripharn said:

Its about opinions and people can post how they feel, or what they think. Life isnt about agreeing and disagreeing its understanding peoples differences. I suppose if you came back to New Zealand and lived in South Auckland you would understand that everyday living in a multi-cultural society how different opinions fly but the unique thing about New Zealand is we learn to accept them and 'tolerate' our differences.

Its the same about a forum people agree, vent their anger and love for a team. Its about emotions to some, its about logic and theories to others. At Ericsson you get the lot and thats what makes Warriors fans great. Most people I meet at Ericsson I do not agree with but that does not mean I do not like them and in fact I am proud to be there with them. Because at the end of the day there is one team we all support.

And mate DMM is our leader, if you want to question him about loyalties or leadership go ahead mate. You will come out second best my friend.

Northern_Union

You must have watch that game with your green and gold glasses on Iafeta cause if you thought that display was ok then you have series problems understanding rugby league.

Do you know anything about the forward pass rule?

Or the off side rule when kicking?

How about the rule about not passing off the ground???

All these botched ref calls lead to trys for aussie. Go watch the game again then post.

And just because Mosh disagrees with you no reason to attack him.

Iafeta_old

RS_Dragon, you're entitled to your view. Green and gold glasses? I'm a Kiwi! Then again, I fail to accept others views and am higher above all you lot.. apparently.

There were some forward passes, from both teams. We see it week in, week out from the ruck. Very rarely picked up. Louis Anderson and Danny Buderus were both suspect to it last night. Also, when players pass offloads, or short passes before the line very rarely are they called up with the commentators referring to very flat passes.

The passing off the ground, I think you're referring to Matt Cooper? That was my initial reaction, but if you look at the replay, his elbows have not touched the ground, nor has his momentum stop, nor has the referee called held so he's entitled to pass.

All I'm trying to do is compare Klein's performance to that of an average NRL first grade referee. Given that game was a few notches up in speed, intensity, physicality, I thought he did a good job. I'm not here to tell you he was perfect, but we as fans have to accept the quality of refereeing we are dished up week in, week out, and then compare it to that. We often seek perfection, from my experience playing sport, coaching sport, umpiring/refereeing sport, ableit at a lot slower pace than last night, its a very difficult gig to get everything right, particularly officiating where other player is basically at you.

I am one of the first to blow up at referees, but I think refereeing in 2006 is superior to refereeing in 2005 and don't think its cost us games as a Warriors fan or as a Kiwis fan.

I certainly don't blame Klein's performance for the Kiwis performance, and would like to think we are all strong enough to say well played Australia, better team won on the day, and evaluate where we went wrong and look to improve on it.

At the end of the day, the Kiwis dropped too much basic ball, had too poor a kicking and organisational game, and were thoroughly out classed all over the paddock.

sebastian_old

Iafeta said:
RS_Dragon, you're entitled to your view. Green and gold glasses? I'm a Kiwi! Then again, I fail to accept others views and am higher above all you lot.. apparently.

There were some forward passes, from both teams. We see it week in, week out from the ruck. Very rarely picked up. Louis Anderson and Danny Buderus were both suspect to it last night. Also, when players pass offloads, or short passes before the line very rarely are they called up with the commentators referring to very flat passes.

The passing off the ground, I think you're referring to Matt Cooper? That was my initial reaction, but if you look at the replay, his elbows have not touched the ground, nor has his momentum stop, nor has the referee called held so he's entitled to pass.

All I'm trying to do is compare Klein's performance to that of an average NRL first grade referee. Given that game was a few notches up in speed, intensity, physicality, I thought he did a good job. I'm not here to tell you he was perfect, but we as fans have to accept the quality of refereeing we are dished up week in, week out, and then compare it to that. We often seek perfection, from my experience playing sport, coaching sport, umpiring/refereeing sport, ableit at a lot slower pace than last night, its a very difficult gig to get everything right, particularly officiating where other player is basically at you.

I am one of the first to blow up at referees, but I think refereeing in 2006 is superior to refereeing in 2005 and don't think its cost us games as a Warriors fan or as a Kiwis fan.
I certainly don't blame Klein's performance for the Kiwis performance, and would like to think we are all strong enough to say well played Australia, better team won on the day, and evaluate where we went wrong and look to improve on it.

At the end of the day, the Kiwis dropped too much basic ball, had too poor a kicking and organisational game, and were thoroughly out classed all over the paddock.

That guy last night was alright but we have had 2 WARRIOR games this year with BLATENT wrong desisons. Manly with that obstruction try oh my god i still can't understand it & canberra's 2nd try where the guy scores while knocking on. Please leave the warriors out of it because we HAVE been robbed.