General Team vs Knights

Reaction score

Tyrael_old

To remain there, they must beat the ninth-placed Knights in Newcastle tomorrow.

Hooker Aaron Heremaia was slated to return but has remained in New Zealand to deal with a personal issue.

That's from Herald today.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Anything on whether Tai'ai will play? He's the bigger issue imo. If he's out then we're in a bit of trouble. If he plays, we should be able to monster their pack (on our forwards form of the past 2 weeks)

Reaction score

Kaiaua krusher_old

Ukuma has definately come home as his mother is pretty crook I hear. So Berrigan to centres and either Simon or Sharkey to the second row - perhaps Taylor to bench although I don't like that. The kid is going powerful and shows he has got real leadership potential. Future Warriors and Kiwi Captain.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Damn, not only is that a massive blow to the Warriors, but thats horrible news for Tai'ai. Lets hope she's able to rally, two tragedies is not going to do a lot for morale.

I agree on Taylor, hoping he doesn't get benched. Though if he does it would not be the worst thing. He's only a young guy and played 73 minutes last week, so giving him less minutes this week could be for the best.

Reaction score

Tyrael_old

Brown to the pack is a no brainer right? Mannering has more defensive skills even if lacking pace

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Yeah, Mannering knows what to do on defense so he'll stay in the centres, I'd like to see what Seymour and Vatuvei can do together on attack. That should be interesting.

Reaction score

RRG_old

Mannering has more defensive skills even if lacking pace
I think Mannering looks far better at centre then he does in the 2nd row. When playing in the 2nd row he tends to turn into a tackling machine and then has nothing left to give on attack.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

I agree, Mannering's form has really turned around since moving out a bit wider. Hopefully he stays there for a while. He'll be there until at the very least, the end of the year. Maybe even next year, depending on whether we recruit/promote a centre.

Reaction score

Tyrael_old

Maybe he can do some speed work during training sessions. I'm sure he can get a bit of his old speed back.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

As long as he's not getting exposed badly on defense via speed it's not really an issue for mine, he just needs to work on his passing game. He's muffed a few breaks by throwing bad passes, not through lack of speed in the past from what I've seen.

But yeah, if they're gunna leave Mannering out there, the coaching staff just need to fine tune a few things and she'll be right.

Reaction score

edguy_old

i keep reading about herimias family tragedy ? does anyone know what happened?
usually when someone famous has a relative hurt or pass on its in the news?

Reaction score

HD_old

Maybe he can do some speed work during training sessions. I'm sure he can get a bit of his old speed back.
Lol I still have memories of Mannering going about 50-60 metres for a try. Going back to about 04-05 there

Reaction score

Fazz_old

i keep reading about herimias family tragedy ? does anyone know what happened?
usually when someone famous has a relative hurt or pass on its in the news?
It's been kept pretty quiet. The only thing that's been mentioned is possible connection with this and his pregnant wife which is a SPECULATION with a capital S though, so don't treat it as fact.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Lol I still have memories of Mannering going about 50-60 metres for a try. Going back to about 04-05 there
One of my all time favourite memories, and probably one of my favourite Warriors games, was Mannerings 60m try against he Dragons in '07. Running down the side line and his boot flicked off hah.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

That was quality! Reminds me of Price scoring a 50m runaway right through the Knights defense. That must have been really embarrassing for them tbh, a prop running that far virtually untouched. Imagine a runaway by Packer or Lillyman today in the same mould, how good would that be?

Top Bottom