General Team vs Knights

Reaction score

edguy_old

tony who ? hahahah our great goal kicking centre?

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Isn't it weird that Bennett used his coaches choice to chose Gidley to play in the All Stars match. I mean, I don't Gidley's all that great, but who would dare question the great man's choice?

Reaction score

Fazz_old

I agree, I struggle to see how he get's a gig for Australia.
Thisx1000000000

He's a good club player and on his day can tear a team apart, but that was a few years ago, I think he's gone away from what made him good in those days and is now just an average player that gives coaches a mean gobby in the sheds when nobody is looking...

Reaction score

BringBackRovelli_old

I thought Mara was very good vs the Titans, when he was on. He does the basic stuff just right, provide fast, clean and accurate ball out of the ruck. I much prefer this kind of hooker than one who likes to run the ball all the time (eg Henderson when he was here).

Reaction score

Iafeta_old

Mara went ok against the Titans. He had one half break early whereby if someone was supporting him he'd have got a good offload off to put someone away. He was standing around waiting to put someone away. No errors, no missed tackles, that's a hell of a good effort in your first start in first grade. It's been very pleasing to see Ivan Cleary's faith over the past couple of weeks in Kevin Locke, Elijah Taylor and Alehana Mara. The very pleasing thing is Cleary retaining Locke at fullback, clearly there's confidence on Cleary's behalf for Locke long term here.

Reaction score

Pop_old

Thanks $0$ for the records. The way we're playing, I think we'll win, although Newcastle are favourites I believe. I love the balance in the team now, with no particular weaknesses for other teams to target,with the possible exception of Manu's "turn-around" time for grubbers, and tendency to leave his wing.
I hope Seymour gives McDonnell (smallish) a workout under the high ball, and it pays dividends just like it did with Preston Campbell. I'm very pleased about Gidley too, he does play well at club level, and is their kicker too.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Mullen is their go to guy for kicking. Bloody good at it too.

Reaction score

Warrioraholic_old

Herimud is the only guy I have seen tackle himself, a fortnight ago he got the ball, ran at a player lying on the ground and fell over him and completed his own tackle. Muppet.....

Reaction score

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Herimud is the only guy I have seen tackle himself, a fortnight ago he got the ball, ran at a player lying on the ground and fell over him and completed his own tackle. Muppet.....
perhaps he thought he was competing in a hurdles competition instead

Reaction score

Fazz_old

I can't remember that, so the mental image I've got is absolutely gold.

Reaction score

insulinboi_old

Juniors

1. Dylan Collier 2. Adam Henry 3. Sosaia Feki 4. James Te Pou 5. Konrad Hurrell 6. Eddie Aki 7. Eko Malu 8. Siulongua Fotofili 9. Henry Chan Ting 10. Donald Tony 11. Samiuela Lousi 12. Ben Henry 13. John Palavi
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Agnatius Paasi 16. Vesesio Setefano 17. Toka Likiliki 18. Liligiifo Sao

No Omar or Carlos... Bugger. Vulcans have the Bye.

Reaction score

Gundog_old

Heremia is okay, I think his defence is quite good, almost always goes low and works really hard. He has got to get that forward pass out of his game though.
If our forwards play well he could cut Newcastle up.
Happy with Locke at fullback, at least he has enthusiasm and brings the ball back quickly, will then set up Manu for the next hit up and then forwards rolling after that. If they keep doing that we should beat Newcastle quite convincingly.
Agree about Gidley, good player but only at club level, kind of like Cooper Cronk.
Do we need more props? I hear Tangatese (spelling?) is trying to get out of his Titans contract, might be a handy pick up?

Reaction score

Ryan_old

I hear Tangatese (spelling?) is trying to get out of his Titans contract, might be a handy pick up?
Spelling: Sam Tagataese. He's a second rower, isn't he?

Reaction score

scottyb_old

yup he's a second rower, we are chock full of them that is one position we dont need any more cover for. As it is when Stevie Rap's gets fit Ivan will struggle to get him on the field

Reaction score

LordGnome_old

We could do with a world class prop........

Reaction score

Ryan_old

I still reckon Steve may be developed into a front rower. I don't see any reason why he couldn't be as good as his older bro (who is world class, when he's on song).

Reaction score

Fazz_old

An all Rapira front row would be awesome. Steve is not much smaller then same either...

Sam:
Height: 184 cms
Weight: 106 kgs

Steve:
Height: 183 cms
Weight: 97 kgs

Only 1cm shorter than Sam, I reckon Steve could put on the extra bulk over the offseason and play prop easily enough.

Reaction score

Kaiaua krusher_old

Aaron is going Ok and is doing a ton of tackling around the middle. For a little man he gets through some work.
Remember my post about Aaron an his immediate whanau suffering from tragic circumstances - well in view of that I think he deserves some respect for the next week or so irrespective of the quality of his game.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Sam:
Height: 184 cms
Weight: 106 kgs

Steve:
Height: 183 cms
Weight: 97 kgs
According to Arnie, apple strudel and plenty of free weights. Should do the trick. Jokes. Nah, Arnie did say something along those lines - ages ago. I remember reading it in a bio on him. Steve could hit the gym and gain that weight without too much problems, I think.

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

Aaron is going Ok and is doing a ton of tackling around the middle. For a little man he gets through some work.
Remember my post about Aaron an his immediate whanau suffering from tragic circumstances - well in view of that I think he deserves some respect for the next week or so irrespective of the quality of his game.
Agreed, KK. Heremaia was going well before last weekend, and his form was on the improve.

I don't know the details of his personal situation, but the words "whanau" and "tragedy" in the same sentence make for gut wrenching reading.

As such, I think a healthy dose of respectful grace should be afforded his way, just as it was for Ian Henderson when his father passed away.

Top Bottom