General Team vs Knights

Reaction score

Fazz_old

i wouldn't worry too much about heremaia's whereabouts next year. imo some ESL club will offer him a contract probably more than what he's on right now. good luck to him, will need a new whipping boy next year
As I understand, Ropati has applied for this position. He's cited the fact that he's coming back from injury, hasn't formed a combo with other players yet and holding u20s players out of the NRL team as reasons we should chose him. Maloney is also being considered for the role as he said he expects to encounter "Rovelli syndrome" next year. Captain Mannering also expects to contend, he says he'll do his best to bomb as many tries as possible and throw dud passes during breaks when applicable also well as just generally be an attacking handbreak. All are cautiously optimistic at this stage.

;)

Reaction score

David Bragg_old

Heremaia was the incumbent and playing OK before missing last weeks game.
Perhaps doing enough to hold his spot.
Mara was pretty good though.
This could be like a trial for Heremaia.
Chances are our forwards are awesome again and he plays well and holds the spot

Reaction score

edguy_old

i thought mara had a great game sunday ..he ran a few times , made some good metres.
he didnt look out of place in first grade..passing from dummy half was excellent.. oh and he didnt give up any forward passes out of dummy half like someone else regularly does..lol
im very dissapointed the heremia walked straight back into a winning team ..he does not deserve too .id be very dissapointed if i was mara .
thats my blah blah on the blah ..hahahaha

Reaction score

Ryan_old

thats my blah blah on the blah ..hahahaha
Laughs. That made me chuckle.

Anyhow, here's the Knights...

1. Shannon McDonnell
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sa’u
4. Wes Naiqama
5. Akuila Uate
6. Tyrone Roberts
7. Jarrod Mullen (C)
8. Richie Fa’aoso
9. Matt Hilder
10. Evarn Tuimavave
11. Chris Houston
12. Neville Costigan
13. Joel Edwards
Interchange
14. Isaac De Gois
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Cory Paterson
17. Dan Tolar
18. Mark Taufua

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36564

Reaction score

Ryan_old

No Beau Henry, but y'know, they could be trying to pull a fast one.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

How funny is the name James McManus? Knowing that every time his name is written, the word anus will be used. Laughs.

Reaction score

one-eyed-warrior_old

The knights would have identified our weakness last week and may have a field day with Manu, as he is obviously unfit at the moment, hope they keep his side tight and support Manu in defence

Reaction score

RobRoyMcCoy_old

At least Locke managed to keep his spot
This. Manu, Locke and Inu are a dangerous back three. I thought Lance was OK sitting up in the ruck (apart from getting run over a couple of times). Also thought Mara showed some inexperience with some ill-conceived off-loads like the rest of the team were throwing in games 1-3.

Overall happy with our team.

Newcastle look to have some pretty decent forwards. Hopefully with Gidley not there we can get up over their back three. Also looking forward to Ervan and Costigan up against Packer and Matulino.

Reaction score

Etern0L_Warrior_old

This. Manu, Locke and Inu are a dangerous back three. I thought Lance was OK sitting up in the ruck (apart from getting run over a couple of times). Also thought Mara showed some inexperience with some ill-conceived off-loads like the rest of the team were throwing in games 1-3.

Overall happy with our team.

Newcastle look to have some pretty decent forwards. Hopefully with Gidley not there we can get up over their back three. Also looking forward to Ervan and Costigan up against Packer and Matulino.
gidley is a dud

Reaction score

Fazz_old

A dud that has played out of his skin a few times and beaten us almost single handedly. I'm glad he's out.

Reaction score

RRG_old

gidley is a dud
Not at club level he isn't, not even close. He does struggle a bit more in rep football though

Reaction score

sebastian_old

I wouldn't be suprised if we belted the Knights but at the same time i wouldn't be suprised with a very close game.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Gidley is why NSW struggle. He's ordinary.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Well is certainly isn't a rep fullback, but he is a more than handy utility club player.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Also Ryan, I don't think we have discussed Mara being replaced by Heremaia and possibly Locke being dropped after a match winning performance before? I thought this was the first time that it happened. It's not the same old Mara v Heremaia v Hohaia argument, as we know have more of an idea how Mara is at starting and it's the first proper time we've seen Hohaia play hooker this season. It may be the same argument, but now we have actual knowledge to discuss, rather than just chest-thumping and guess work.

Reaction score

Pop_old

Hello again.
Does anybody know the record of the Warriors when they play in Newcastle ? I know in general our away record is OK, but in Newcastle ?
Also, it will be interesting to see how they play after the "camp style" preparation for this game. Out of their normal routine, but then again, a few days R & R in the sun at the Gold Coast, after 8 hard rounds, would surely freshen them up. Your NZ horses come up here this time every year and improve out of sight, so why not footy players ?

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Hello again.
Does anybody know the record of the Warriors when they play in Newcastle ? I know in general our away record is OK, but in Newcastle ?
2010: Warriors 32 - 24
2009: Knights 24 - 22
2008: Warriors 18 - 16
2007: Knights 24 - 18
2006: Warriors 26 - 22
2005: Warriors 30 - 26
2004: Did not play in Newcastle
2003: Knights 20 - 36

So, the record for Warriors v Knights in Newcastle for the last 8 seasons stand at 4 Warriors, 3 Knights.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Judging by the past it'll be a Knights win on the weekend then. Likely by 2-10.

I'm gunna base my prediction on the following.

- Heremaia's performance: If he plays well it'll go a long way towards getting us a win

- Locke's takes off high kicks and his kick returns: If he's able to make good meters off his kick returns it'll enable our forwards to get a decent roll on, which will go a long way towards us winning.

And most importantly...

Manu vs Uate...
Lets hope Manu puts in a better game against Uate then he did last week. Maybe moving Mannering over to his side would help? I think Brown and Manu's lack of a combo in defense made things a lot worse then what they could have been. Either way, if one of these guys dominates the other, it's curtains for the other team.

Top Bottom