General Team vs Knights

Reaction score

insulinboi_old

Heremaia named to return for Newcastle match

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hooker Aaron Heremaia is set to return in the only line-up change for the Vodafone Warriors’ 10th-round NRL encounter with the Knights at Ausgrid Stadium in Newcastle on Sunday.
Heremaia stayed in Auckland last week following a family tragedy but was named today to come back into the side as the starting hooker for the club’s fourth away game in five weeks.
Interchange forward Ukuma Ta’ai is also named after returning to Auckland following a family illness. Along with Heremaia he is due to rejoin the team later this week.
Until last Sunday, Heremaia hadn’t missed a match for the club since 2009. He appeared in all 25 games last year and was also used in each of the first eight fixtures this season.
With his inclusion Alehana Mara, who was the run-on hooker in last weekend’s 34-14 win against Gold Coast, moves to a five-man bench which will be trimmed to four on game day.
The win against the Titans was the Vodafone Warriors’ fifth in their last six games after starting the year with three consecutive defeats. It was also their biggest win of the season and the first time they had won at Skilled Park. They now sit in eighth spot with 10 points from five wins, just ahead of the Knights in points for and against.
“The performance against the Titans was much improved on our effort against Penrith the previous week, as it needed to be,” said Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary.
“Obviously we’re in a better position than we were after the first few weeks of the season but we still have to keep working really hard if we’re to benefit.
“The Knights have been going well so far this season and they’ll be refreshed after the week off.”
Rather than return home between games, the Vodafone Warriors have opted to stay in Australia for a week-long camp. They’ve moved base from Surfers Paradise to Tugun for the next three days before beginning a road trip to Newcastle on Thursday.
Of the 17 players still in Australia, 13 of them travelled to Ipswich yesterday to visit schools in a region devastated by Queensland’s floods earlier this year. Simon Mannering, Lance Hohaia, Lewis Brown and Ben Matulino all rested after playing two matches in less than 48 hours, following their appearances for the Kiwis in their 10-20 Anzac Test loss to the Kangaroos. Mannering played every minute of both games.
Sunday’s match will edge second rower Feleti Mateo closer to the 100-game milestone when he makes his 97th NRL appearance while Brown will play his 48th career game.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Ausgrid Stadium, Newcastle
2.00pm, Sunday, May 15
Referees: Tony Archer and Brett Suttor

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 KRISNAN INU
3 LEWIS BROWN
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 JACOB LILLYMAN
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
LANCE HOHAIA
JEREMY LATIMORE
ALEHANA MARA
BEN MATULINO
UKUMA TA’AI

warriors.co.nz

Reaction score

Ryno_old

Oh man, i can see Mara getting bumped off the bench.

Shame, I think he was just starting to find his feet.

Reaction score

Lego_Man_old

Lmao, i can see Locke getting knocked out of the 17.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

FUUUUUUUUU At least Locke managed to keep his spot I guess...That really annoys me that heremaia has been named. It's not like his form demands automatic inclusion.

On a side note, man Brown has racked up almost 50 appearances quickly!

Reaction score

insulinboi_old

Very dissapointed if Mara misses out. Mara > Hohaia > Heremaia. Why can't the bloody coach see that?

Reaction score

Spence_old

I thought Heremaia's best two performances of the season were the last too, so I'm not overly disappointed. As long as Locke stays at fullback I'm happy.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Blah blah Heremaia Blah Hohaia Blah Blah Mara...

Reaction score

RRG_old

I think Mara has been unlucky this season, apart from last week he hasn't been given many minutes to really prove himself. But at the same time he has not provided the spark I would have expected him to off the bench. Last year he seemed to have a lot more spring in his step, so I don't think it is the worst thing in the world if he is given a rest.

I thought Heremaia's best two performances of the season were the last too
true

Reaction score

Fazz_old

I thought Heremaia's best two performances of the season were the last too, so I'm not overly disappointed. As long as Locke stays at fullback I'm happy.
I'd be more annoyed if hohaia had gone back to fullback. As long as Heremaia's mind is on the job then I have no problem with him being in the team. If he shows up and other things are on his mind, Cleary should send him right back to NZ to get his head straight imo.

Reaction score

insulinboi_old

Blah blah Heremaia Blah Hohaia Blah Blah Mara...
People talking about their rugby league team on a rugby league forum? Well I never!

Reaction score

Ryan_old

People talking about their rugby league team on a rugby league forum? Well I never!
How many times has Hohaia/Heremaia/Mara been discussed before today? I'm sick of reading the same shit all the time, so the point of my previous post was this "Enough, already!"

Or, in other words, let's say we all respect each-others positions on the matter. We've also previously discussed this topic till the cows come home. Unless anyone has anything new to add to the knowledge base, why bother bringing it all up every other week? It's such a freakin' yawn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Fazz_old

Don't open the thread then? I'm guessing you knew those would be the points of contention today in this thread...

Reaction score

insulinboi_old

Don't open the thread then? I'm guessing you knew those would be the points of contention today in this thread...
Took the words right out of my mouth, my friend.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

Who me? I didn't open the thread.

Reaction score

Ryan_old

I think he means opening it as in 'clicking on it and reading it'.
Okay, I understand, and well, it was the official team thread. Pretty hard to resist that. If it had of been titled, We're gonna talk about Mara v Hohaia v Heremaia, I'd have avoided it like a bad smell. But I digress, as posted before this, I'll leave you guys to save the world with your brilliant think-tank thing you got going on.

Reaction score

Etern0L_Warrior_old

i wouldn't worry too much about heremaia's whereabouts next year. imo some ESL club will offer him a contract probably more than what he's on right now. good luck to him, will need a new whipping boy next year

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Okay, I understand, and well, it was the official team thread. Pretty hard to resist that. If it had of been titled, We're gonna talk about Mara v Hohaia v Heremaia, I'd have avoided it like a bad smell. But I digress, as posted before this, I'll leave you guys to save the world with your brilliant think-tank thing you got going on.
Enough with the put downs and insults. If your not interested in a thread don't read it or post in it. Leave other forum members to post as they see fit.

Top Bottom