10.price
11.mannering
12.brown
13.luck

14.heremaia
15.packer
16.matulino
17.tai'i

would really like to make more changes but we honestly dont have the depth..
also how good is brown, only forward atm that looks like doing anything.. also good to see ropati have a good game

mumblA_old

Agree with that team, please no lillyman or royal. They are just goddamn awful.

warriors4life_old

That team is almost unchanged from last night. I think if we expect to even come close to a table-topping side like the Bulldogs things need to be shaken up a bit.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I'm hoping Kimmorley gets picked for the Blues, and his combination with Ennis forces the Blues to pick him as well. It'd be nice if Josh Morris was out.

Actually on second thoughts, depleted teams haven't helped us the past 2 weeks. It'd just be further embarrasment when we fail to score more than 14 points again.

1. Locke
2. McKinnon
3. Likiliki
4. Ropati
5. Vatuvei
6. Moon
7 Heremaia/John/NO F'N IDEA
8. Packer
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Brown
12. Matulino
13. Mannering

14. Rapira
15. Mara
16. Tai'i
17. Poching/Tuimavave

Henderson - Time to trim up and improve dummy half speed. Otherwise move on.

Lillyman - Time to move on period. Can't believe we're stuck with him for two more years.

Royal - Just not good enough

Jones - Is he our best halfback option after culling all the competiton? Yes, but with or without him we can't attack so we might as well put someone there who can at least defend somewhat competently.

JonB_old

1 Wade, but not for much longer
2 the incumbent Kevin Locke
3 Lilikili
4 brown
5 Manu
6 Hohaia
7 Heremia
8 Sammy Raps
9 Henderson
10Price
11 Mannering
12 Luck
13 Ropati (he is big enough now days)

14 Jones
15 Packer
16 Tongan Tai
17 Royal

Viking_old

Agree with that team, please no lillyman or royal. They are just goddamn awful.

Royal made more metres, tackles and runs than Rapira, Brown and Matulino (and he didn't make a mistake that cost us a try under the posts!) so therefore those three must be crap too? He was slightly better than Brown but everyone is singing Browns name from the hilltops, what gives?

scotsman_old

1 Wade
2 Locke
3 Lilikili
4 Brown
5 Manu
6 Hohaia
7 S Johnson : must be giving the chance , even if D is not the greatest ,he's quick of the mark, good kicking game ,fine passing, AND scores tries !!!! What the hell use him to give him experince for next season.. Hohaia Will Guide Him Through
8 Rapira
9 Henderson
10 Price
11 Royal
12 Luck
13 Ropati

14 Jones : Just to give 7 & 9 options nothing more, ( 25 mins max time on park )
15 Packer
16 Tai
17 O Regan

As for Mannering, Moon, Matulino you offer nothing

KeepingTheFaith_old

Royal made more metres, tackles and runs than Rapira, Brown and Matulino (and he didn't make a mistake that cost us a try under the posts!) so therefore those three must be crap too? He was slightly better than Brown but everyone is singing Browns name from the hilltops, what gives?

Because Royal has been consistently ordinary since coming here.

Despite Brown making less metres he did come up with 6 tackle breaks, and has consistently looked dangerous/capable of breaking the line which is more than can be said for most of the other forwards.

Rapira has been disappointing. Provides much more when coming off the bench.

All up it just comes back to fitness. Quite simply the training staff have done an absolutely piss poor job of it and it's not something that can be fixed during the season. The team doesn't need to be bulked up, it needs to be fit and skillful.

aussie_warrior_old

JonB - I wouldn't drop Moon.
Scotsman - I wouldn't drop Moon or Mannering.

I honestly don't think it will matter who we pick, we have no structured attack at all. Not like the Tigers / Storm who have plays for everything. We rely on offloads (which die off after 10mins), bombs to Manu and barge overs. Seriously, how can we win games in the NRL with that?

After about game 5 I thought we're in trouble, now I don't think we have a chance. If we can't score more than 14 points in the last 9 games, we're not going to beat anybody.

I would go with:

1 Wade - I hated him angry, but I hate it more when it looks like he doesn't care!
2 Locke - Seriously, the only shining light in the team.
3 Lilikili - Bit of gamble, would be there to score & setup tries. Ah Van is the other option.
4 Moon - Only job is to get Manu in the open.
5 Manu - Catch the bomb, don't bat back. Without Ropati he might get the ball.
6 Hohaia - Watch your cut out passes!
7 S Johnson - Another gamble, but I would take a motivated player any day over the current mess.
8 Rapira - Find your balls.
9 Henderson - Run more!
10 Price - Score 2 tries again please!
11 Brown - Seems to be a good attacking player, good future.
12 Luck - Help Johnson on D.
13 Mannering - Help Johnson on D.

14 Jones - No other choice really.
15 Packer - Play like you do in the U20!
16 Tai - Ready to go again...
17 Royal - Didn't play that bad, can't ditch a player the week after their best game!

Ropati is gone.
Kemp looks like he is injured anyway, plus wouldn't pick him over Manu.
Ah Van is possible instead of Likiliki, but we need someone new and excited, who might actually score a try.

Jones to come on for Hendo, Lance to Hooker. Johnson & Jones are the halves. Means that Lance will do a lot of running, and possible dull his attack quite a bit. But, you can't have everything.

warriors4life_old

Cleary needs to grow a pair and experiment, it's not like we are going to win 7 of the next 9 games with the crap we're throwing out there at the moment.

1. Locke
2. Kemp
3. Likiliki
4. Ropati
5. Vatuvei
6. Moon
7. Heremaia
8. Rapira
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Mannering
12. Brown
13. Luck

14. Johnson
15. Packer
16. Matulino
17. Royal

kiwi man_old

we all know clearys response tho
"i liked the effort, we were only 2 passes away from more tries, we created oppurtunities but just couldnt finish them off. stacey played well and il hope to have him signed up for a 5yr deal within the next few weeks"
oh and
"lillyman was great"
cleary wont change anything.
on a different note, was it just me or did anyone else notice ropati nursing his shoulder after that huge hit on clinton?

kiwi man_old

after a re-think and also realising we wont have price this is my new team
1.mckinnon
2.locke
3.moon
4.ropati
5.vatuvei
6.hohaia
7.jones
8.packer
9.henderson
10.royal
11.mannering
12.brown
13.luck

14.heremaia/mara
15.rapira
16.matulino
17.tai'i

raypower_old

When we had Webb coming through in 02 and Ivan as our FB incumbent, Ivan used to play out wide and pack in at 2nd row. Could we do a similar thing with Locke and shift the two of them around and offer a different point of attack?

Viking_old

Because Royal has been consistently ordinary since coming here.

Despite Brown making less metres he did come up with 6 tackle breaks, and has consistently looked dangerous/capable of breaking the line which is more than can be said for most of the other forwards.

Rapira has been disappointing. Provides much more when coming off the bench.

All up it just comes back to fitness. Quite simply the training staff have done an absolutely piss poor job of it and it's not something that can be fixed during the season. The team doesn't need to be bulked up, it needs to be fit and skillful.

But Brown is running at centres and shrugging them off, while Royal is running at props, big difference. Brown has played better than most the team though, his upper body strength is impressive.

On Royal, how do you go from being a prolific offloader one year to a safety first, average prop the next? Don't answer that, I think I might know the answer.

aussie_warrior_old

can Hohaia play 7? Moon 6.

i really dont know much but whatever..
:D

I got my glasses out to read some of your post. :ranger:

But although Lance has played 7 before I don't think you'll get many people wanting that combination.

kane_old

Steven price wont be playing as it is state of origin week. I would keep faith with the players we have as we didnt play that badly against the broncos. Am quite looking forward to the game next sunday because I will be there for my 1st live game in almost 2 years

Magic Stick_old

01 Locke
02 Kemp
03 Ropati or Rusty Bristow if Ropati out with shoulder
04 Likiliki
05 Vatuvei
06 Moon
07 Hohaia
08 Rapira
09 Henderson
10 Packer
11 Mannering