General team changes

fitzy_old

Would you make any changes to a team that has served us well for the past three or four weeks. What do you do when all the injured players are back fit. I, personally would make no changes if they don't need to be made. Why drop players off to bring players back in who, in my opinion, should be made to play their way back in via the vulcans.

playdaball_old

No changes despite the fact that I'd like to see Inu in their somewhere.

Tyrael_old

Obviously no changes if we don't have to, but Mannering is injured so I would bring Ta'ai in, I love how he plays the ball so quickly.

Magic Stick_old

Well trying to think like Cleary ( its time to drop Joel Moon,he has played 3 games in row now...Hohaia will come back in and at fullback. And Latimore to replace Mannering if out injured) :)

sebastian_old

No, absolutely not. Seriously we have a good team, we are in a good place.

Godinet gives us even more momentum when he comes on. Something we havn't really had this season. He plays with hearts and smarts. Good player. We have Mannering + Rapira on the possible injured list. Lets hope they stay healthy.

Magic Stick_old

No, absolutely not. Seriously we have a good team, we are in a good place.

Godinet gives us even more momentum when he comes on. Something we havn't really had this season. He plays with hearts and smarts. Good player. We have Mannering + Rapira on the possible injured list. Lets hope they stay healthy.

Godinet is more direct...Heremud runs across field to much and drops the ball off too guys in worst position( Luck today)
Once Godinet gets a feel for 1st grade.i think he could be a big factor come finals time

scottyb_old

Yeah he is looking very promising, Godinet adds a little indecision to the opposition. As he is new and the other teams dont know him too well he could be our Xfactor player, he has shown in his first game he is not scared to take risks his first try against Souths showed that he is prepared to play whats in front of him and give it a go if he thinks its on.
I'm interested to see how this next five rounds pan out, this season we have put together blocks of wins and losses. The season has gone LLLWWLWWWWBLLLLBWWWW I hope this pattern doesn't continue and next we lose a couple on the trot because if we do, then there is a chance we fall out of that eight.

Patu_old

I'd bring Hohaia back as soon as he's fit. He's got big-match experience which is vital around finals time. Tough on Godinet, but he'll get his chance again next season and is always there should more injuries arise.

Ta'ai or Brown in for Mannering? I don't really have a preference as to which one, but I'd probably lean towards Sharkie as he has been in good form for us this year.

Mannering's a big loss, even though we have an abundance of second-rowers. His form has been outstanding of late, and his defensive workload in particular is something that will be missed, given that Ta'ai and Brown are not really known as defensive players in terms of large workload.

RangerTex_old

I think the personnel they have in the team is good, just positionally I would move Mateo to Loose Forward and Luck move to stiffen the defence of that left side edge. With Mannering on the right we have tackles covered across the park and Mateo gets more opportunities to attack and link with both Maloney and Johnson.

11. Michael Luck
12. Simon Mannering
13. Feleti Mateo

ToiletDuck_old

If Simone is out, Taylor to start, Ta'ai to bench.

If Simone is out for any length of time, try get Brown back asap. He was our best player at the start of the season in the backrow.

Having said that, I don't think Simone will be out for long.

I'd put Inu in over Little Bill. He doesn't really have the same skillset, and don't think he adds anything Inu doesn't? He certainly looks more clumsy, I have no idea what he was trying to do with Jabroni's cross field kick....he almost looked like he was trying to toe it forward on the half volley (despite the fact he was like 1m from the tryline). Thank god for Berrigan's presence.

Other than that, team is fine. Berrigan is solid. Moon has been solid and attacking well.

Leave Godinet there. Lance has experience, but Pita looks sharp. Lance also isn't part of our future (though I do hope he gets something of a good send-off, has been a terrific player).

Will be interesting next week. I think we'll come back to earth quite quickly...

sebastian_old

Will be interesting next week. I think we'll come back to earth quite quickly...

Really?

I think the Broncos are quite beatable. We played so well against them in Brisbane last year. Beat them at home also so twice last year. Should give the boys some confidence. We are going to have to turn up to play, no doubt. The thing is we usually do against the Broncos. Actually, we've had great recent record against them. We've won our last 4/6 games against the Broncos.

fitzy_old

the one thing that worries me about Hohaia's return, is where will Ivan put him? God forbid it would be fullback. Even Ivan couldn't possibly be that bloody stupid. Could he?

mrblonde_old

Hohaia in, Godinet out...surely. Not that Godinet's been bad at all, just seems logical to replace the replacement. And I think Ivan's twigged that 14 is Hohaia's best number.

Unless you drop Heremaia, start Godinet but why in the wide wide world of sports would you?

fitzy_old

Hohaia in, Godinet out...surely. Not that Godinet's been bad at all, just seems logical to replace the replacement. And I think Ivan's twigged that 14 is Hohaia's best number.

Unless you drop Heremaia, start Godinet but why in the wide wide world of sports would you?

I think Godinet's ability to run and make good yards from dummy half is great, and he is the future of the club (not that that is of any interest to Ivan). I think haim and Lance coming off the bench fresh would scare a lot of teams. You are right in saying 14 is Lance's best position

ToiletDuck_old

Really?

I think the Broncos are quite beatable. We played so well against them in Brisbane last year. Beat them at home also so twice last year. Should give the boys some confidence. We are going to have to turn up to play, no doubt. The thing is we usually do against the Broncos. Actually, we've had great recent record against them. We've won our last 4/6 games against the Broncos.

Yeah. Not saying we'll turn to sh!t and get flogged. I just think, sold out Suncorp (or near to)...big occasion, tight game, we'll find it tough. I think it'll be great experience but I feel we'll get found out a bit if we don't run away with it early.

Spence_old

Win or lose, it would be good to see where we stand in the competition, after a few easy wins.

ToiletDuck_old

That's pretty much it Spence. Enough games against the pretenders, let's see what we're made of. The good part of our run in is they're all top 8 teams or just outside the 8 (and in theory desperate), so Broncs, Drags, Knights, Cowboys should all be finals intensity/atmosphere. If we're to do anything in September those games will be a great warmup. I'd be more concerned if our last few games were against the Titans, Raiders, Roosters..

RRG_old

I thought the broncos were going to struggle this year but the young players they have been bringing through have stood up to first grade pressure very well.

I still think they are beatable though and if we don't at the very least give them a good run for their money then I would have doubts about our ability to go late in to the finals.