Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmmmm is the substance of his argument less relevant?
Re-introducing tax deductibility is unaffordable. It may be inflationary, which doesn't help the cost of living.
There should be a disincentive to purchasing existing homes for investment/speculation in the current housing climate.
A quick background on where the $3.1 billion figure comes from.... it's based on speculation with figures an economist has used in their "modelling". The assumptions they have used is that every private landlord has a mortgage of $300,000 per rental property they own. Since there is no official data on how many rental properties have mortgages and for what amount, the figures put into the model is guess work.

The $3.1 billion figure is worked on that there are just over 440,000 rental properties owned by private landlords in the country. The assumption is that each of those landlords owes $300,000 each per property they own. At an interest rate of 7%, that means they are paying (based on that assumed amount) approximately $21,000 PA in interest. At a tax rate of 33%, that's an average of $7,000 per dwelling landlords will have their tax bills reduced by. $7,000 times 440,000 properties and that gives the assumed amount of $3.08 billion per year going back to landlords.

Except, it doesn't take into account the fact that interest rates are dropping. Dropping down to 6%, and the amount of mortgage deductibility ("tax cut" to landlords) reduces by $436 mil. To 5%, and the "tax cut" goes down by $871 mil. To 4%, and that $3.1 billion figure drops down to $1.307 bill.

1711586630730.png

The KKK lol, Winnie could break a hip stretching like that at his age.
i found it interesting that the article says…
Newshub was supplied an image of a sign at the university that said an area was a safe area for "Māori and Pasifika students".

but the photo in the article of the sign says…
“this is a designated area for maori and pacifica students”

there’s a pretty big difference implied between safe and designated.

i mean fuck winston forever anyway but a designated area for pakeha students sign would cause outrage and we all know it would.

Newshub was supplied an image of a sign at the university that said an area was a safe area for "Māori and Pasifika students".

i mean fuck winston forever anyway but a designated area for pakeha students sign would cause outrage and we all know it would.
Yeah it's a minefield, I think you should be able to have a room for whoever you want, unis have always had clubs and societies and cultural study, excluding others is the contentious part.

If we set up a designated area for Warriors fans at uni, would Penrith fans be offended? Fair enough, let them in, as long they're respectful. Actually that's a bad analogy, we don't want those arrogant bastards laughing at us with their stupid toothless grins.

Last edited:
You could have a designated Irish culture room, Scottish room, Italian room, Indian room, I'd have no prob with any of it, who cares. Gatekeeping who's allowed in is the problem, you can't exclude people.

You could have a designated Irish culture room, Scottish room, Italian room, Indian room, I'd have no prob with any of it, who cares. Gatekeeping who's allowed in is the problem, you can't exclude people.
what we haven’t had recently though is winston peters political opposite saying that those with the designated area in question are genetically superior to everyone else.

and i think that’s winston’s angle a lot of the time, he’s a cock but what he’s saying isn’t untrue.

what we haven’t had recently though is winston peters political opposite saying that those with the designated area in question are genetically superior to everyone else.

and i think that’s winston’s angle a lot of the time, he’s a cock but what he’s saying isn’t untrue.
Yeah, Waititi is a cock for saying that too though. Just politicians cocking.

Around 2004 HNZ introduced a 3 day annual hui for Maori staff. One of my colleagues went ( held in Rotorua ) and said it was basically a three day party, lots of eating and drinking , the odd workshop to discuss career paths for Maori staff and what might be needed. It was attended by the CEO for a day/night. It was for Maori staff nationwide.
Next year one started for Pacifika, same deal but it was called a ' fono' from memory.
At a team meeting I requested a Pakeha three day workshop be initiated because I felt left out and marginalised.
My Maori colleague told me to shut up, that I didn't know what it felt like to be Maori. I accepted that was true and replied that she did not know what it was like to feel Pakeha.
She called me a racist among other things and stormed out of the meeting and went home.
Afterwards, the other eight people in the meeting including a Maori male colleague( who wasn't interested in the hui's ) said they all agreed with me but didn't wont to speak up, usual story.
Anyway, the hui's and fono's continued and we were told of the fun times by the participants when they returned. Of course, nothing ever happened to promote Maori or Pacifika staff and no other ethnic groups got the same treatment.

Around 2004 HNZ introduced a 3 day annual hui for Maori staff. One of my colleagues went ( held in Rotorua ) and said it was basically a three day party, lots of eating and drinking , the odd workshop to discuss career paths for Maori staff and what might be needed. It was attended by the CEO for a day/night. It was for Maori staff nationwide.
Next year one started for Pacifika, same deal but it was called a ' fono' from memory.
At a team meeting I requested a Pakeha three day workshop be initiated because I felt left out and marginalised.
My Maori colleague told me to shut up, that I didn't know what it felt like to be Maori. I accepted that was true and replied that she did not know what it was like to feel Pakeha.
She called me a racist among other things and stormed out of the meeting and went home.
Afterwards, the other eight people in the meeting including a Maori male colleague( who wasn't interested in the hui's ) said they all agreed with me but didn't wont to speak up, usual story.
Anyway, the hui's and fono's continued and we were told of the fun times by the participants when they returned. Of course, nothing ever happened to promote Maori or Pacifika staff and no other ethnic groups got the same treatment.
Do you think of yourself as pakeha, or as your own ethnic tribe, Irish, English, Serb, Croatian or whatever. Or as a human? Wtf are ya

Lol. Why would the dominant majority (pakeha) need a designated/safe space? The university/society as a whole is their safe space. Are we scraping this low for feigned outrage?

Just a plain old human being. I guess if I had a strong cultural presence in my upbringing I may think differently.
I call myself a Kiwi.
Same, Kiwi first and embrace my backgrounds from all over the world too, including my Maori whakapapa which originated as indigenous to Taiwan before the migrations last I heard. Which, I suppose, makes most Polynesians Asian in origin.

Lol. Why would the dominant majority (pakeha) need a designated/safe space? The university/society as a whole is their safe space. Are we scraping this low for feigned outrage?
Everyone may need a safe place at some time, not based on race or gender.
Surely the majority ( Pakeha ) would need a larger safe place ( designated ).

Back