NRL NRL in the United States

I am all in on this and will 100% attend if/when we get picked. Hoping to combine some snowboarding in Japan in the week prior.
Anyone else actually planning on going?

Yeah bro id be keen aye. If they announced it with at least 6 months prior to it going ahead so I've got a bit of time to plan.

We were actually looking at booking a trip to Vegas this year in July so if they announced that it could be a wait and go nek year.

I'll skip the snowboarding in Japan tho 😜

Happy to be wrong, I reckon they’ll send us in 2026.
2024, first year. No one knows what to expect.
2025, everyone has seen how good it looked the people who didn’t go 2024 will go 2025 plus Melbourne (maybe).
2026, they kinda need a new batch of fans, enter Warriors, Canberra and Melbourne.

That’s what I’d do if I were PVL. Whenever it is, I’m there.

Something to look forward to definately.

Happy to be wrong, I reckon they’ll send us in 2026.
2024, first year. No one knows what to expect.
2025, everyone has seen how good it looked the people who didn’t go 2024 will go 2025 plus Melbourne (maybe).
2026, they kinda need a new batch of fans, enter Warriors, Canberra and Melbourne.

That’s what I’d do if I were PVL. Whenever it is, I’m there.
I believe it comes down to fan base. Right now we are a good pick for fan numbers. They need quality games but also a good amount of fans willing to travel. Raiders would be similar to us in that respect

I believe it comes down to fan base. Right now we are a good pick for fan numbers. They need quality games but also a good amount of fans willing to travel. Raiders would be similar to us in that respect
Agree more or less. The last thing the NRL wants it for it to become a “meh” thing with an empty stadium in the background. Most likely years 3 and/or 4. Year 5 is last chance saloon.
Hence why I think they’ll spread out Melbourne, Canberra and us.

NRL: NZ Warriors frontrunners to feature in Las Vegas for season openers in 2025

NZ Warriors may be swapping the industrial lights of Penrose for the much brighter and more iconic variety in Las Vegas to kick off their 2025 NRL season.

According to Sydney Morning Herald, the Warriors are part of a shortlist of teams in contention to be awarded one of the coveted four spots on offer for next year's showcase in Sin City.

Defending champions Penrith Panthers are reportedly the only team locked in to feature, with the Australian Rugby League Commision poised to confirm their appearance, when they meet later this week.

Among the Warriors with the rest of the front runners are Melbourne Storm, Newcastle Knights, North Queensland Cowboys, Canberra Raiders, and the Dolphins.

Last month, Brisbane Broncos, Sydney Roosters, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Manly Sea Eales featured in an historic doubleheader at Allegiant Stadium, home of the NFL's Las Vegas Raiders.

The initiative is designed to promote rugby league internationally and appears likely to become an annual fixture, involving a new set of teams each year.

The ARL is also considering sending two NRLW teams to expand the event to a triple-header.

While the Roosters' win over the Broncos drew modest viewing numbers in the US - with just 61,000 tuning in - it set a record across Australia and New Zealand, with 4.1 million fans taking in the action.

Newshub understands the Warriors expect to learn more in the next few weeks.
Work in quite well stopping in there on the way back from the world club challenge.

There's a reasonably signifcant Pasifika population living in parts of mainland America as well which might arouse some interest with the Warriors as many will have links back to NZ and the South Pacific.

Man I am on the edge of my seat for this news. A month is too long haha
Haha same.
Theoretically, if they do name us for 2025. It could be an indication that they’re going to send us again in 2027 or 2028. Double dip.

At least a few teams will have to go twice, you’d have to assume we’d be near the top of that list in both fan base and geographically speaking (for people movement).
Other than Brisbane I’d say we’re pretty much the top team.

Let’s just say, if we’re in Vegas, I’m going to be there either way,” he said. “Run a blue shirt [as a trainer], play, whatever it is, I’ve got to be there for that says Shaun Johnson on the warriors confirming their interest to play in Vegas in 2025.

Back